Reviews for A Day in the Other Life
lclcn chapter 7 . 9/24/2013
I... read this story again...
And I feel disappointed again...
please, please update.
It almost 5 years from the last time you upload a new chapter.
I read this story for the first time... around 3 years ago and still waiting for an update...
orchardofmines chapter 7 . 6/22/2012
man, i have to say that i am in LOVE with this fanfic.

i've read it all in pretty much one sitting, and i'll just lay out my thoughts on the plate rn.

(please excuse the possible flailing, grammar butchering, and lack of capitalization. i hope my thoughts would compensate it!)

first of all, i completely adore the fact that you're narrating it through ashe's point of view. not only did you keep her in character, but you also show more behind the driven queen and her motives within the game. i really like how you made her a virgin in here because it, well, makes sense considering how rasler died and how ashe was too focused on her goal throughout the game. which is why i like how you made her flustered around vaan and his physical appearance. it makes her grow more as an individual with the sexual attraction and all. also we get to see her conflicts about her being a queen and her sexual frustration, which is p cool.

SPEAKING OF VAAN BTW, i love your take on him. i love how you're showing his growth and how he isn't that small, little runt anymore. and i like how his changes are subtle too, and we see how he's growing to be a gentleman while still staying true to the vaan we all know.

also their interactions are SO CUTE OMG. i love the part when ashe almost kissed him, but vaan stood up. god that made me laugh so hard! (btw i also love how you descride vaan's physical features bc holy hot damn i can see why ashe is attracted to him LOL) it was just so adorable, and it makes me curious as to how vaan felt during that situation man (i can tell he was flustered with your description. BTW i also love how you show, not tell. like adhljfksdf you do it so well it inspires me).

there were other moments on sexual attraction/frustration for ashe that were noteworthy, such as vaan massaging her back (dlakjfalkdsfja when he whispered in her ear SQUEAL LOL), ashe seeing him half-naked, and the hug in the recent chapter. tbh i love love love love LOVE all of this and ashe's sexual attraction and etc.

also i like how you're taking it step by step, even thought i just want them to hAVE SEX ALREADY LOL OKAY SORRY. bc it shows that while ashe is attracted to him, it still takes time. penelo is married to balthier here, and vaan could be held up over that. and it'll take time.

i also can't wait to see them take out the snakes and what will follow after that btw!

also i am aware that you haven't updated in... quite a while, but i really just wanted you to know that i absolutely ADORE this fic. everything is so endearing and alfkd i just love this okay. even if you aren't going to update again, i just wanted to let you know about that. it's a great little vaan/ashe fic, even though they're so scarce around here, and yeah i just love it okay bye.

keep on writing btw! your writing style is a; i've never really come across a fanfic as descriptive, without being purple prosey, as yours, so keep on the good work! C:
spy lockout chapter 7 . 3/31/2012

why did it have to stop at the good part.

It's a good story, very balanced not to much action or just talking(or is there, oh well). I enjoyed reading it very much, sad to see such a good story unfinished.

spy_lockout

Enjoy writing and people will enjoy reading the story:P
Razor T McCutchn chapter 7 . 3/6/2012
Not bad, keep it going.
BerryKitty chapter 7 . 1/20/2012
this story is absolutely amazing. it's be really nice if you could finish it even though its been like almost 4 years! _
Bri Secret chapter 7 . 11/30/2011
I like this story it has inspired me to finally play the game
UPDATE chapter 7 . 11/15/2011
UPDATE plz i like this story alot
Gundam Kaiser chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
Hrm. This is... INTERESTING. Not to mention Vaan/Ashe, which is always a plus.
The-lazy-bum chapter 7 . 11/9/2011
"Anyway, I hope none of you have abandoned this, and I'll try to update more often." huh? I want an update. I really like this story.
Achi J chapter 7 . 1/3/2011
it was a cliffhanger in more ways than one lol
gamings-reminiscence chapter 7 . 12/15/2010
I know it's been a couple of years since you last updated, but I really would appreciate it if you would finish this wonderful little tale you've woven. It's always a shame when really good stories are stopped short and eventually abandoned.

You're Vaan and Ashe seem perfectly in character, with Vaan as delightfully clueless yet insightful at the same time. I never thought of Ashe as the shy type when it came to the opposite sex (she had some hot guys around her for the duration of the game afterall) but you make a good point about her possibly not having much knowledge as to what to actually do towards someone she likes. Her husband was decided for her afterall.

I can definitely tell that they're both seeing a little more to the other than what they had first thought and I love Vaan's subtle reactions to Ashe even more than Ashe's awkward actions/thoughts (I laughed at the cliff scene)

This story seems so beautifully done with little to no typos or grammatical errors. Pacing is good and I enjoyed your little "filler" chapters even if they had no real plot to them. I love the kids in this and i can't wait to see who Fiah is.

Only problem I suppose is (aside from not updating) that Vaan seems a little, well, perfect. He seems to have no obvious character flaws. Even his recklessness comes off as heroic to me. Heck he even seems to act sexy without trying! Or maybe that's just how Ashe sees him; for all I know his thoughts are just as crazy as Ashe's. But aside from that, the story is quite lovely. I think I said everything and this reviews getting pretty long so

until next time,

gamings-reminiscence

P.S. I'm gonna say Penelo's kid would have been a girl, cuz I can imagine Balthier complaining about being over run by too many strong women in the Strahl and having a girl would just make Balthier feel even more outnumbered :P
Hannibal32 chapter 7 . 12/3/2010
Really great story. Sure hope you update ASAP.
Alex Tsukino chapter 7 . 11/14/2010
awesome. Keep it up.
Anonymous chapter 7 . 10/19/2010
Whats wrong with you?

You need to continue this story! For the sake of your readers!

How can you leave it hanging?

I was hook up with it...

Please, please, please, please! Finish the darn story before you retire XD

i think i went over-board...

But im telling ya, its damn good! One of the best i read so far! So come on, man. Finish it up!
Arlux1313 chapter 7 . 10/18/2010
hey love where your going with this story but your well overdue for an update