Reviews for Working In Groups
Cobbledstories chapter 4 . 7/4/2010
This fic is RIDICULOUSLY good. I can't remember the last time I've been so absorbed in a story. The premise of Q not being taken back by the Continuum is a fantastic one to start with, and you've just taken that and made a hilarious, moving, and gripping story. I am waiting in anticipation for the next installment! The character of Q is captured perfectly, down to the last snarky comment. There are some long blocks of technobabble and philosophy, but even though I normally have a short attention span, I was never bored by these passages for a minute. Everything is truly interesting, and I find myself laughing out loud at Q's mistakes and insults. I love the chapter where they discuss Wesley getting stabbed with a bayonet for five seconds. Um... this is a long review. I have no idea how you're going to end this, so I'm genuinely worried for Q! In the actual episode you knew that there was no way they were going to kill him off, but here, anything can happen... Incredible job, and PLEASE UPDATE!
Swamp Adder chapter 4 . 7/4/2010
This is really gripping so far. The characterization is spot-on, and Q is sympathetic while still being his familiar obnoxious self. I like how you go into so much detail on all the little, mundane aspects of Q's adjustment to his new body, his misunderstanding of human social customs, and so forth.

Not to mention that the problem of rescuing the Bre'elians with the threat of Q's impending death-by-Calamarain dangling overhead is keeping me held in suspense! I like your portrayal of the difficulties of inter-species communication, and the ways that differing ethical standards can complicate everything - like the Kaeloids and their purification rituals, or Q's argument with the Enterprise crew over the morality of duplicating oneself. Very interesting stuff.

In short: you've gotten me hooked, and I can't wait for more.
MugglebornPrincesa chapter 4 . 5/27/2010
wow, it's a pity you haven't updated in a while. it's a great story so far! i'd like to see if he gets out of this scrape. do you plan to write more? if he does happen to get out of the whole 'sacrifice' thing, he should get a little lovin' later on, no? lol anyway, i'd like to know if you plan to write more! let me know, and keep it up, please!
Hrr chapter 4 . 3/8/2010
wow how do you write this its amazing, I wish you'd write more on this I would love to see how this turns out!
meteor prime chapter 4 . 12/24/2009
Poor Q! I hopoe they can find a way to rescue hiom. Your characters are so brilliantly written and Q's transformation over the story (both learning to cope as a fleshie and beginning to cope with his impending doom) are really heart wrenching and engaging. I hope you write some more soon and look forward to reading it!

Merry christmas/Happy holidays for tommorrow!

M
Umino Akiko chapter 4 . 10/3/2009
Oh poor Q. This was so hard for him already and now it's so much worse. Poor baby. I love the interactions between Q and Picard. You've really done a great job capturing the essance of the characters. Excelent work my friend.
Stellata chapter 4 . 6/18/2009
Fantastic story. Love your characterization of Q. I really hope it all works out... Hope you finish this, looking forward to seeing more.
Tiky3000 chapter 4 . 5/24/2009
I like this Q. Great story.
Kiseki no Tenshi chapter 4 . 5/24/2009
Amazing story!

Please update!
Cyranothe2nd chapter 1 . 4/5/2009
Okay, so here's the promised review. First, I love the nice long chapters. Second, I love that Q doesn't know jack about being human and is annoying as shit about it. In many of these stories he remembers how to be human but this doesn't really gel with canon, I think.

I also really like Deanna's bits of manipulation and Wes's observations. Bravo for making me like two characters I could usually care less about. Great story-I really look forward to the next chapter.
Cyranothe2nd chapter 3 . 4/5/2009
Wow, so pleased that someone is writing this pairing for this episode. YAY! Haven't read yet...will review once I've finished...
witchbsword chapter 4 . 4/1/2009
You introduce very interesting concepts- please keep up the good work!
Lilith Kayden chapter 4 . 3/29/2009
Thank you for your new chapter. I will be looking forward to your next Update.
Deritine chapter 4 . 3/27/2009
Yay! I love this story so much. It's so political, but with all this angst, too... and my cousin tells me that I'm a sadist for loving this sort of had-a-lot-of-power characters that the plot keeps dumping on. You know what, so what? Right? This story just rocks. So many possibilities, from completely awesome Q-ness returned to depressing early death to utter humiliation and a life not worth living and such. Woo hoo! Plot could go anywhere.

Plus the writing rocks. And the characterization. Even Wesley, who is such a Gary Stu- somehow you managed to keep that part intact but make him less of a pain in the ass (possibly because Q is more of an ass? Heheh). And Deanna. She usually pisses me off, too, but not so much in the story... Riker is still an sycophantic jerk, though. (TNG has the best and worst characters, I swear... it's like touched by an angel or something).

Anyway... love the updates! What were you in like an internet free hole for the past er... however long it's been? lol. I could come up with some really romantic, frontiersman or humanitarian scenarios for that... hehe.
Gatherer chapter 4 . 3/26/2009
This reads as extremely well thought out. Very impressive work.
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »