Reviews for Working In Groups
Deritine chapter 3 . 3/23/2009
Wow- words cannot describe how happy I am to get another chapter of this fic. Especially as I seem to be a bit drunk. But that totally aside- I love love love this fic. It's definitely something that one would think about, but not enough people write this shit. And I love our Q. Like a lot. Everybody is very in character- even the ones I hate like Mary-Sue-Crusher (aka Wesley) and the obnoxious Diana. But they are done very well in this- great use for plot development, really.

I'm so super psyched to see an update of this fic. Woo hoo! I have no idea where it's going, but that's definitely the best part, ne? I love a story I don't know where it's going. Q getting his powers back? Not getting them back? Only getting them back after dying? Possibilities are frickin endless. So cool. :D Love you're stuff, keep it up, you rock.
GuesssWho chapter 3 . 3/17/2009
More, please.
Ayuka86 chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Please finish this. It's just too interesting.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
CONTINUE THIS!
Cassandra Pierson chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Lovely story. I especially enjoyed Q's reaction to Deanna reading him.
witchbsword chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
whoa!

one of my fav TNG episodes. are you ever going to finish this story? Please do, it's amazing!
rocketcat chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Aw please finish this! :(
Deritine chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Hmm. Well, I thought being that long and not having chapters meant that this was a one-shot. But not. Sadly. Perhaps to have a second chapter? I really enjoyed this- everybody stayed well in character and it was a delightful debate on morality, philosophy, you know- all that neat stuffs. I'd likely be able to discuss it better if I hadn't been sucked into reading it all at once and now need sleep almost as much as Q does. Oh wells...

Really enjoyed it. I hope it ends the same, though- because losing Q powers is probably the most depressing thing evar and as much as the ending of the episode was really fluffy and almost touched-by-an-angel in delivery, it did give a nice warm and fuzzy feeling. (Incidentally- it was on Spike today so I JUST saw it and it was fresh in my mind- winner!)
JTS chapter 1 . 6/13/2008
Please continue this story, it seems like an odd place to stop for me and its an excellent story.
Dodie chapter 1 . 3/23/2008
Really awesome story! I hope you plan on continuing this!
minijo1990 chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
This story, is beautifully written, the arguments sound and intelligent and the characters are well developed and 3 dimensional. I really hope that you are able to complete it someday. Strangly I feel like I've learned something just from reading it.

jo1990
ScM15 chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
Is it odd that I found myself reading out your Picard? He rally had the voice going. I do amateur voice acting, you see. No idea how good I actually am as a Picard, but it just seemed to need that. Good work!

-Scott
breakthehabit chapter 1 . 6/5/2007
I havent gotten a chance to read much fanfiction lately, but im glad i stopped in to read this story. Your Q stories are always amazing, and i cant wait to read more! ]
GreenEyes7 chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
Hi, just wanted to let you know that I've been a big fan of your Star trek work for quite awhile now. I love your grasp of Q and the dynamics between him and the rest of the Enterprise crew. In this fic, I especially enjoyed your reasoning of Q's thoughts on privacy regarding telepaths and empaths. I always found it a little odd in ST:TNG that Counselor Troi was able to spout off what everyone was feeling willy-nilly with no one else getting offended before. The part with Q's interaction with Picard were also very well written and heartfelt and had me in tears at certain points.

Anyways, thank you for writing and sharing this, and I hope you feel the urge to update soon!
Yvonne chapter 1 . 5/19/2007
I was pleasantly surprised when I found that you've started (or perhaps ended, because this chapter works quite well alone) another Q story.

I find the contrast between this and your other Deja Q spinoffs, primarily Only Human, particularly interesting. Here, the Continuum doesn't step in at the last moment to save everyone and as a result, Q and the crew have to figure a way out themselves. Instead of being shunted aside at the end of the crisis, Q is allowed to do what he can to help and prove that, yes, he is a rather useful person to have around when dealing with tricky problems of the technical nature as long as you're willing to put up with his less-than-refined personal skills. His crushed self-esteem is allowed a chance to recover, so what you get is a Q that is nearly opposite the self-pitying, suicidal one that we find at the beginning of Only Human, who is only able to begin to seriously change after a great deal of (forced) encouragement from a certain Vulcan. Of course, without the Continuum, our main characters are in a rather sticky pickle and it looks like Q is about to die...poor Q...unless something drastic happens to change the situation, which Q do you think has it better off?

Although, on that last point, before I forget, you mentioned the Cold Equations! And built a philosophical/moral/psychological discussion around it! The world has just gotten a little better, I should think. And for anyone out there who doesn't know about it, it's by Tom Gowin and con be found in an anthology called, erm, The Cold Equations. Check it out of a library or something, and while you're at it, read his other short stories in there.

In other words, I find your character interactions as engaging as ever and hope to see more eventually, on this story or otherwise (Only Human or Guidance or something like that?). Ta!
70 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »