Reviews for Bonds
KaUiA chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
I loved reading this. From the last lines and from the talk with Yuri, I guess Hitomi went to Gaea with Van.

There were the words: Why had she packed so much?

I love it. It left the same mysterious feeling and love explored in the anime.
Achi J chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
My shipper heart says that Hitomi should go back to Gaea with Van, mostly because I have no personal connection to her family and friends, but the way you've written it made me put myself in her shoes, and I realized that, if it were me, I would probably pick my family.
You have me so torn ;_;
KatsuTami chapter 1 . 8/5/2008
that was beautiful ) honestly i don't even really care what the real outcome was, the whole thing was done so wonderfully that i don't think it really matters )
Rad chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
You already know what I think of this from when you posted it on LJ. However, I don't think you got my response email about Esca scans/pictures. So I'm messageing you here; since I can't seem to get an email through to you... silly technology.

Could you try emailing me?

This is what I said in my last email:

The rest of Intrigues review:

Crit for chapter 34:

The Chid line: They (should be “the”… but even I misspelled it! XD) boy wasn’t (something).

The stepmother thing: you spelled it “stepmother” and “step-mother,” pick one.

Eagerly looking forward to the last two chapters! And A/E romance!
evilredmenace chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
I have also supported the idea that the two of them live their separate ways, with some sort of residual mental communication. I enjoyed seeing the perspective of the grandmother, as her relationship with Allen's father always felt a bit ambiguous...
arysani chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Loved the filling-in bits of Leon and Yuri. Especially explaining a bit differently the bit of Leon seeing her again, and she does appear to recognize him, but hasn't changed herself. The classic explanations being that time simply passes differently, or that it was never actually her, just his image of her...of course the problem with the latter is that how the heck does the real her get the necklace if he gave it to just an image of her?

I'm so torn myself on the Van/Hitomi thing. I would love nothing more than for them to live happily ever after - but as is constantly brought up, how exactly is she supposed to give up her life etc when, despite her maturity, she is actually only fifteen? And how would her family deal with it? I'm thinking they would be more capable than most, seeings how her mother dealt with her original disappearance. But it's not like she could write letters or anything. It's not like the Planet Express is available for mail call.

But I like that you kept it ambiguous whilst still feeding my strange desire to see them towards a happy ending without the details that I know would throw me off. Bravo :)
Didi74 chapter 1 . 11/11/2007
I liked this story. It is an interesting idea this one : the grand mother comes to give her feelings to help her grand daugter !

And the interactions betrween van and hitomi are realist !

good job !
The Crushinator chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
I conclude that she went back, if only because of these lines:

Hitomi looked at the boxes all around her and the trunk of her grandmother’s thing. She wondered why she had packed so much, why she had thought she needed so much. They were material things and Hitomi knew that from now on, she would carry all that mattered within her.

Also I like Van and Hitomi together. :3
evan elric chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
Awesome story! It meshes well with the canon and extends into the future in a very plausible manner. I'm going to say that Hitomi went back to Van, though. Gomen. -_-;; Keep writing!
penwalker chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
GAH!

you finally did it...you finally wrote about van/hitomi! gesh! i'm so happy/proud of you! and it was really nicely done and in a unique way. oddly, i liked the ending. the reader can choose for his/herself what happens. it suits escaflowne itself...when the original ending was both a parting and a new beginning.
Anon chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
I actually took this to mean that she didn't go back with him- and I was totally heartbroken.

But I'm glad you cleared up the edning, because I just watched all the episodes and decided that a Van/Hitomi romance fic would make me feel better.

And thanks for writing this!
Inda chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
well done I'm a Van adn Hitomi person Allen was ok I could see him with Eries and not Millerna she's for Dryden
Ron and his Sakura chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
loved the story. it was great to have Hitomi's grannie's story as well as L's final thoughts about his life. However, from that 1st parting scene in the anime, she didn't seem as if she wanted to leave L.

re: your final comment...what dya mean u find it romantic living separated? find it really hard believe u didn't write that with H deciding to chose V over her ordinary life. oh well, u know we're biased and how we've had VxH's story end...
Aoluas Anminti chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
An excellent story. As always, I appreciate your understanding and taking into account the realities of a situation, and the feelings and motivations of those involved.

~Vovy
rIOko chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Oh, a great fic! Thanx to you that you wrote it, I really enjoyed it.