Reviews for Between the Lines
IOTR chapter 3 . 10/3/2009
Lovely description of Shuichi :)

Voyeurs.. lol.
IOTR chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
Aww very cute :)
moon71 chapter 5 . 11/22/2007
This is excellent. I am so glad you took a breather from your hard work to write and post this for us - what a wonderful surprise!

Fond as I am of Hiro and Ayaka's relationship, I still loved this story, or maybe I loved it because I AM fond of that pairing! It always seemed a bit unlikely that someone of Hiro's sensitivity and high intelligence would be won over by the promise of a date, even with the girl he loves. Your version is so much more plausible.

For me, the cynical view Hiro takes of both Ayaka and Eiri's motivations doesn't spoil things at all. He is obviously at his lowest ebb here, and you've captured that. When a person is depressed they always read the worst into even the most innocent intentions, and Hiro's paranoia that it might not just be Eiri pulling Ayaka's strings, but K pulling Eiri's, is a perfect example!

What I particularly liked was Hiro's thoughts - his view of Ayaka, and his longing for her, is the more moving for being devoid of any sentimentality. And his reasoning is so subtle - I liked the idea of his wondering whether he was tempted to give in to her not to be with her but to have an excuse to go back to Bad Luck, in spite of his principles. The war between those principles against the joy being in Bad Luck gives him is so clear, and must be typical of so many creative people struggling for recognition in the arts / media world.

But above all, what's great here is (of course) is the Platonic love affair between Hiro and Shuichi, expressed through Bad Luck, which shines through here. You write their friendship so well. Hiro's reflections on Shuichi's character - that he lacks eloquence, but not depth or intelligence, sums up his character perfectly. I've read some fics that were well written and funny but left a sour taste because the joke was usually at Shuichi's expense on account of his general stupidity. I always know he's safe in your hands, whatever the tone of the story.

Hiro's final decision, to defy everything and everyone and just go back, leads up just perfectly to the celebration we know is coming - I could just here the boys shouting about "the million copies of our youth!"

Thank you again, for showing everyone how it should be done - myself included!
RoxasIsReal13 chapter 5 . 11/18/2007
Completely agree. Hiro dosen't seem like he'd be that shallow. In my opinion he really came back because he loves the guitar and he and Shuuichi are simply best friends.
snowwhite4444 chapter 5 . 11/16/2007
I'd forgotten how much I love your stories! I hope this is the start of a creative spell for you lol Great new chapter, you really seemed to get inside Hero's find, and no-one could fail to be charmed by your weiting :D
supershu-chan chapter 5 . 11/14/2007
Oh, man. Have I ever told you how awesome you are?

Well. Yeah. I have.

Hmm. I guess I'll just have to tell you again!

You are so very very talented that it's really quite unbelievable. Reading this I realize how much I've missed your writing! Gah. It's just so lovely. I'd name favorite parts but...dude...I'd just end up copying and pasting the whole thing.

I totally agree with your thoughts on Hiro though. I also thought that he would not so easily be swayed by the offer of one measly (how in the world do you spell that? Is it like Weasley?) date. Your reasoning makes much more sense. It sounded like him all the way through, too.

Ah. You're so incredible.

Especially, I loved the flashback-type parts, they were so wonderful and adorable. I love so much to read everyone's different takes on the Hiro-Shu friendship and when/how it began. It's really fascinating! Yours is definitely most sparkly. It's nice to think that with them, from the beginning, it's always been about the music.

And that was why this fic was so extraordinary! Because the shared dream of the best of friends is just so excellent! And of course because your writing is crazy beautiful.

This is getting long. Um. I LOVE YOU! Have fun at work! -falls out of chair- :D
Saint Germain chapter 5 . 11/14/2007
It was great to see you again! Between the Lines is one of my fave...faves. As always, your insight into the scenes behind the scenes was a perfect read. Enjoyed it! Thanks so much. Hope to see you again soon.
DarkInuyashaangel101 chapter 5 . 11/14/2007
Aww, that was so sweet! I'm so happy you took the time to write this. Thanks for making me smile today!
Xedra chapter 4 . 8/26/2007
Oh, I love your Ryu! He's just so squeezable. That last line is perfection. LOL
SakuraHeeroWing chapter 4 . 7/10/2007
Will you please write more? For me? lol. PLEASE. I beg of you on my hands and knees.

These are absolutely fantastic...One in a Million is my favorite one so far. It's so nice to be able to read well written fiction. Thank you and I really do hope you continue.
Mirashi chapter 4 . 5/30/2007
Omfg, good ending! So serious, then suddenly all focus was lost in a butterfly. Laughed my ass of xD Love it, Ryu-chan's so cute n_n Shine, Ryu and Shu!
Yami-no-Hikari-7 chapter 4 . 5/28/2007
Oh, I love this thing! _ Especially the Ryu POV chappie! You're really good at pinpointing the charcters' personalities! _ Update soon!
snowwhite4444 chapter 4 . 5/26/2007
I'm really glad I listened to your author's note on the end of Dream Date and read this! It really does feel like a departure from your usual writing, but experimenting is good! I loved all the weird metaphors- they were oddly appropriate. And "Kuma-chan's so clever"? Made me laugh :D
one false move chapter 4 . 5/22/2007
i must say that i LOVE how you portray ryuichi. his character is a very... interesting one. and to understand his strange yet enlightening ways of thinking is a difficult thing. He's always been a favorite character of mine, simply because of the way he always seems to help shu, in his own ryu and kuma style. To put it bluntly, You did a wondeful job of understanding the way he thinks!

Great update, i look forward to your next stories and the last two chaps of 'dream date'
gabrielle angelique chapter 4 . 5/21/2007
Yes indeed it brought a huge smile to my face. Constipated love, I've never heard of it before and I was laughing like crazy. Keep up.