Reviews for Promises
KayValo87 chapter 5 . 7/10/2011
That was so sweet! My favorite one is Virgil's, but Scott's was pretty funny.

Nicely done.
LiGi chapter 5 . 2/12/2011
Loved these little oneshots, so cute!

Alan's was just... awwww, I felt so sorry for the poor little guy, not understanding why his dad and brothers were acting so differently.

Gordon's was brilliant and I love the fact that his therepist believes he can win.

John's was so sweet, I could imagine the whole scene, and it is so like John, perfect.

Scott's was hilarious, the way he kept making excuses with each piece, like Virgil had extra last night and Alan doesn't even know it exists so he won't miss it! Silly boy, even if Virgil and Alan don't notice of course Grandma will!

And lastly Virgil's, so sweet, his nerves and then they way he reassured Alison, awww lucky quarter, hehe! And hmmm, his friends' names sure look awful familiar!

FAB!
Angelina K chapter 5 . 5/26/2008
Those were great. :) Alan's was so sad, but a funeral for a five year old must be so hard to comprehend, especially if it's his own mother's. I loved Virgil's "lucky quarter", that was so sweet, and the names of his friends are oddly familiar, hehe. Clever, I love little touches/reminders like that. Another great one quiller!
JulesDPM chapter 5 . 4/23/2007
Great story - great cast!
LMCofTIC chapter 5 . 4/21/2007
Thank you SO much, Quiller. You are a dear for this and of course I absolutely LOVE it! Bless Virgil and his voice (thank you David Holliday) and bless his kind and gentle nature, as you have so beautifully portrayed. You are a gem and this is a wonderful tribute to both David AND Virgil. *sigh* Thank you.
mcj chapter 5 . 4/16/2007
Virgil - Always so selfless ... always so calm.

Quiller in so few words you can divulge the inside workings of Virgil's character right from the inner being.

I don't think I need to say anything more than those who have reviewed this chapter already.

It's sweet ... it's simple ... and in the interim it's reflective ... and it portrays our Virgil completely to a "T"

mcj
Kimmy.Tosh chapter 5 . 4/15/2007
Oh, Pen, I absolutely adored this little Virgil piece. It brought back memories of my time with an amateur dramatics group; no matter how many times I performed the nerves still got me, especially with the leads. Course, I was usually the villain - that explains a few things, eh?

I liked the subtle nod to the future too, with Virgil 'rescuing' Alison from her nerves. He's showing a lot of characteristics here that will come out later in his life with IR; he's so thoughtful and caring ... (swoon!)

On a final note, lucky Serena being the centre of Virgil's adulation and I can *totally* empathise with her 'gang' of friends(!). Ha ha!
straywriting chapter 5 . 4/14/2007
Virgil is so sweet! Out of all your chapters this is the one I would like to see more of. -nudges- Loved the chapter, will there be anymore now that all the boys have had their "promises" told?
Ms Hobgoblin chapter 5 . 4/14/2007
So you show us a sneaky Virgil, but his heart is in the right place. Another nicely written chapter, and very cleverly done.

Hob x
cathrl chapter 5 . 4/14/2007
Brilliant! I never saw that coming at all!

I have this vision of her giving it back - and then after that him feeling totally differently about it - and maybe still having it in his pocket now... (Now you're going to tell me it's canon that he has a lucky quarter, aren't you...)
mcj chapter 4 . 4/8/2007
Quiller,

I reviewed this wonderful story in Chapter One and have sent several personal messages on the contents of chapters 2 and 3. What I haven't done is reviewed with all sincerity the brilliance of your Chapter 4.

Quiller, this chapter is just great.. It portrays Mr. Scott Carpenter Tracy as a perfectly normal person and it does so absolutely brilliantly. (gasp ... you can't use two adverbs together mcj! tsk tsk - what the hell are you thinking?)

Anyway; irrespective, it is so refreshing to see Scott in this light as well as give us a fun slant what might be the day to day life on Tracy Island.

Brilliant Quiller. I stand in awe of your talent. Look forward to Virgil's Promise!

mcj
BoomerCat chapter 4 . 4/1/2007
Oh, I think I like this one the best. Very Scott. LOVED the tag. Good job, Pen!
Dickonfan chapter 4 . 3/31/2007
Interesting how Scott's brothers' promises all had to do with growth and improvement, and Scott's had to do with chocolate cake.

I supposed this is your way of saying that Scott is as good as he'll ever be so the only thing left to improve upon is his self-discipline when it comes to food. Not that I can lay claim to the first part of that, but I sure can lay claim to the second.

What is a portion, anyway, and why would anyone stop at just one when confronted with a delicacy beyond compare?

straywriting chapter 4 . 3/31/2007
-dies of laughter- This was priceless! Especially the ending. I love the endings to all the chapters, they're great. Where did you get the idea for this? It's just so... priceless (I know I said that before, but it is). P
JulesDPM chapter 4 . 3/31/2007
Oh yes, a man after my own heart. Scott Tracy, the perfect guy, and yet chocolate cake is his weak point (well, any food I guess!). I could really relate to this story. I have been there myself. I loved the bit also about Virgil smuggling the cake in his trousers!