Reviews for The Faith of the Five
Guest chapter 15 . 1/6/2014
It's not so much "coincidence" as it is repeated, consistent "coincidence" that I don't believe in. This chapter is the third or fourth time Terra has been mentioned. Considering the Titans have had two-three seasons to heal from her, I come to two conclusions:
1. Terra hurt them way more than I thought.
2. (More likely). Terra will play a role in the story later.
But #2. is only going to happen if you update! ;)
Seriously, 97% of the fanfics I read are of the "lesser" quality. So it's a real shame to find one, that I enjoy, that's unfinished and not likely to be finished anytime ever. If you ever read this…know that the story has a solid foundation and could go several places. I'd love to come back to the site one day to see an update.
lokobookworm95 chapter 15 . 8/20/2011
This is really interesting! I hope that you are going to continue this! I, for one, am definitely interested in reading it!
RantoJax chapter 15 . 7/18/2010
Dude this is an awesome fic, you gotta continue with it... :D

~wolfenstien
kobez2.0 chapter 15 . 3/3/2010
! where is the rest? I must know how it turns out!

Peace,

-Kobez-
chessvain chapter 14 . 10/27/2009
i was also going to ask and then forgot to include it in my second review (ny first being deleted) if ravens influence was limited to mental powers or do they study the mystical arts? or do you consider both of these to be the same?
chessvain chapter 15 . 10/27/2009
This is fascinating I am well and truly hooked which is something of a problem sense you haven’t updated in so long. Still I am truly glad I found this story it’s stimulated my imagination as only a excellently written story can I have read this so many times to day I feel like I could almost quote it from memory. Still I’d love to have some thing expounded on more. Such as the role the five have in shaping the culture they have apparently created and how the common person in the commonwealth feels like each member of the five is watching over them. Traditionally in such cases each would be over a single aspect of their lives.

Ravens influence is obviously fleshed out the most and I am absolutely ecstatic that you apparently gave her such a big influence over something, which appears to be a genuinely good legacy. What with her constant fear that she’s inherently bad or doomed to destroy the world it’s heart warming to experience her interacting with that legacy even if she is too cynical to really believe it’s genuinely good it still must give her hope that her determination is going to pay off. Loved seeing the sibyl and her taking after raven in both manor of dress and having mental powers. it also seems like she’s the most often messenger of warning which given her back ground of being mystically inclined compared to the others it makes sense she would appear the most after being dead. Assuming she really is and the five are really genuine. There are a lot of theories about what could really be happening that still could end up being true until you prove them false such as an imposter pretending to be raven for some reason (no idea why some other person would pretend to be raven to some one else who probably had never seen or heard of raven before), raven being dead or alive thanks to her demon blood and impersonating the other five to carry on their legacy after being dead though I must admit my favorite theory that I’d love to see come true is that every thing is exactly like the sibyl said it was.

Robin and the captain of preparedness title not only fit’s him but it leaves all sorts of possibilities for him to be involved in the daily lives of the common wealth. Loved the school, which is named after him I would really like to learn more about what types of classes are taught there and weither or not the average common wealth commoner goes about their lives with a attitude of constantly being prepared thanks to him.

Cyborg and beast boy both seem to be some what neglected though not as much as starfire, cyborg has the stank ball influence but who does his title of the master deviser fit in with a society that seems to be trapped below the microchip age? Is his influence felt in other types of research advancement such as the arts or maybe some type of replacement for the microchip that’s let them advance scientifically in a different direction? Beast boy has stank ball and tofu that was obviously modeled after him but that just makes me wonder why does the lord of mischief seem to be in such high favor? Does he some how watch over the people in ways that wouldn’t be obvious from his title of lord of mischief/ I could so see him as the driving influence behind some type of secret service force that protected every and relied on calling on his luck to add them in remaining hidden catching the bad guys and such.

Starfire is completely unfleshed out and I’d like to hear more about her place in being a respected member of the five.

Any ways sorry if my review is overly large or misspelled it’s partly because I am a bad speller and partly because the stupid review function already erased one of my reviews which made me less patient in searching for spelling/grammar errors when I wasn’t sure if the same thing would happen again or not. Any ways let me just say again how much I really love the idea you have here.
Canath chapter 12 . 4/3/2009
I originaly started to read this fic because i thought it was a rob/rea fic but after reading your notes i can say with all honesty that the fic is very good and the romantic connection not happining between robin and raven dosent matter because it is a very well writin fic.
Somewhere In Time chapter 15 . 1/21/2009
Nice, it's been too long since your last update.:D

I've been busy over the holidays too, so I don't blame you. But hopefully, the next update will be sooner? This story is getting increasingly interesting.
Somewhere In Time chapter 14 . 12/11/2008
Cliffhanger? Just tell me you will update SOONER this time...much sooner.:)

Efim must have blabbed or something...at least Raven has the phonograph. Loved the chapter, had me on tiptoe the whole time.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 14 . 12/10/2008
Attack of STAR Labs!

...Right?
AlsoSprachOdin chapter 14 . 12/10/2008
I have some good ideas, and really think things through. Last chapter with the time-travelling musings were almost perfect echoes of what I had been thinking seconds before, although I would think Warp's timetravel tech and what is going on here would be two different things, because the past didn't include the return of the timetraveller in "How Long Is Forever", while here it does. At least, that's the simplest explanation. I'm partial to ockham's Razor.

Nice to have some fair portrayal (or at least good balance beyond positive and realistic/canon) of the Titans, what with BB not being a complete doffus and Raven not a complete bastard (whatever she may or may not literally be a half-demon bastard).

One thing: I Always figured superheroes shouldn't be able to be taken out as easily as in the end of this chapter or they be dead long ago. I mean - sniper on the rooftop and BAM! No more Batman. If they go without any casualties until next chapter it will be luck (lucky that the robot intruders are just programmed not to kill or that their makers didn't order them to... still luck), and you can't rely on luck for any lasting superhero career. At least not as much as they do in the show, so I guess that makes this what they call "Original Flavour" on tvtropes.
alienphantom chapter 14 . 12/10/2008
Biggest...cliffhanger...EVER!
lost prince chapter 14 . 12/10/2008
A great actoin filled chapter.

Nice work, update soon.
Kirbilius Clausius chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
In 'ascended' religions there is rarely a 'devil' figure. 'Devil's are the once on the path of right then fallen away. Ascended religions (Buhhdism, Greek to an extent with Hercules etc.) have their gods taking a unique path.

Their holy book should be nearly the seasons of the show-each on their own path. Beast Boy and Terra, Slade and Robin, etc. etc. But with the passage of time, veneration of divinity, etcetera the Titans should not welcome those recollections. Robin may object to Slade being reduced to comic incompetency in the face of his supposed 'preparations' and Raven may actually laugh at stories of her father succumbing to her charms (gods are notoriously incestuous and she's known for holy beauty) but Beast Boy will blow up if Markov is the common usage for swindler or bitch.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 13 . 10/10/2008
They use shekels? Did Israel take over the world? 'Cause that would be awsome.

God I hate time-travel paradoxes!