Reviews for A Berrisford Goodbye
Amy chapter 2 . 7/22/2008
Aww. *sniffs* This was beautiful. Alec has so much more to him and I think Max knew that deep down. It took her a while to own up to it, but she picked a great time. He really needed someone. I always wondered how it would have went down if he'd accepted it when she reached out to him in that epi. You did a great job filling in the blanks of what might have happened.
Whirlwind421 chapter 2 . 7/22/2007
I love it! You really are an awesome writer!
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
Angsty chapter! It's great!
purplebunnywabbit chapter 2 . 3/16/2007
This was really sweet. I like that they were civil enough to be there for each other, and to comfort each other in ways that other people couldn't. I liked that you included Josh's metaphorical painting for Alec, and allowed Max to see it, to let him know that she felt that way.

This would've been a waay better part than what the writer's of DA put in the Berrisford Agenda.

Also I must say great song choice, I'm not one for country music but that song fit very well.
christique chapter 2 . 3/14/2007
Oh, so cute... I love Max/Alec banter, and you always write it so well! I liked their stories, and I like that Max got to comfort Alec for a change! Nicely done, Dooski! Thanks for sharing!

-Christique
Swanseajill chapter 2 . 3/14/2007
I liked this a lot. I though the first chapter was very nicely in character, and the way you wrote the 2nd chapter made me believe it could happen that way, even though it isn't canon. I liked Alec's frog story - as someone else said, it could have been cheesy, but the way you wrote it with the banter, and the way Alec stops abruptly before the end made it work for me.
djonie chapter 2 . 3/13/2007
aaww that was so sweet! a great ending!
Stand In Girl chapter 2 . 3/12/2007
Aww, I love this missing scene! The first chapter was definitely more Max/Alec on the show, and the second part managed to blend the actions so that, despite the fact that they were never that close on DA, they didn't seem out of character, either. Did that sentence make sense? Uh, anyway. Point is: I really like this!

I gotta admit though, when I first read the Alec story-time thing, I thought, Oh man, cheesefest. But actually, with the bickering (which was BRILLIANT - "Could he play the guitar, too?")and Alec ending his story abruptly, I thought it flowed well.

Good job!
rodney215 chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
Really, really good...
christique chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
Aww, that was sweet. You had Max exactly right in my humble opinion! I love how the last line was her softening enough to ask him to tell her about "her," not needing to name her because they both know why he's really upset. This was lovely! I look forward to the continuation!
happycabbage75 chapter 1 . 3/9/2007
That was a lovely bit of angst! Just lovely!
purplebunnywabbit chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Screw the other stuff this is great! LOL totally kidding. All your work is lovely. But I do have to say this has sparked some interest for me!
Stand In Girl chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Oh, I think the Alec-angst bug is going around! I've felt a need to both write and read a lot of it lately... it's like e-crack.

Aha, anyway, I loved this. My first comment would be: Max is a pain in the ass! But actually, I love that. Most writers tend to try and make her see the light about Alec and stop thinking of him as an arrogant idiot. I love that approach, but it's refreshing to read a fic that captures almost exactly how she viewed him on the show, while at the same time giving us a little extra Alec/Max interaction. Dunno how you did it, but brilliant!

I'd love to read more! Update soon!
vballfanatic chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
oh! i like it! a lot of angst but that's a good thing! also like the fact that it's alec who's confused for once and not max!