Reviews for A Lyrical Persuasion
Born in 20th Century chapter 56 . 10/11/2014
Born in 20th Century chapter 52 . 10/11/2014
Born in 20th Century chapter 11 . 10/11/2014
taswmom chapter 76 . 5/21/2011
Thank you for writing this story. I truly love Jane Austen's writing and characters, and found that they do mix well with POTO. I am wondering if you are thinking of doing the sequel to this story any time soon. I love the allusion to Lizzy/Darcy/Wickam. I know this is years late, but, thank you.
taswmom chapter 46 . 5/20/2011
I haven't sent a review because this is already a complete work, but if you are still writing, I wanted you to know that I am enjoying this story immensely. I've never actually read POTO, only seen the play. This is making me want to read it soon. I have really liked each of the characters as you have them written, but am also enjoying your answers to your reviewers, and I don't usually bother reading them in other stories. Maybe because of my ignorance on POTO, and they help give me insight. Some of them sound like they must have been interesting, given your responses. Anyway, I do hope you are writing more. Thank you!
Quiet Mindreader chapter 76 . 3/7/2011
"The captain seemed to be tip-toeing around his significant other rather than wooing her." - :)

I love Mary. She just has so much personality.

"So, you see what a puffed up toad he is." - LOL

Would Meg take the role of Elizabeth in the sequel?

So Darcy-Blakeney is a half-brother to Raoul? But he is not blood-related to Anne? I was thinking that Raoul was her step-cousin and that Philip would be his full brother, the child of Anne's aunt-by-marriage and her previous spouse. Was she married twice before? Or am I just all confused? This is the same Philip that was to receive half of the estate Raoul was inheriting, right?

I loved the glimpse of them in their married life, and the way he paused during his piano piece to go back and ask what was bothering her. And I meant to mention this before, but I like how you reversed their roles somewhat from POTO, with him calling her "my angel" rather than him being her "angel of music."

You have done an amazing job with this story! I greatly enjoyed it!
Quiet Mindreader chapter 75 . 3/7/2011
I enjoyed this conversation!

"She touched his face, and gently brought his eyes back to hers." - Is this the first time she's touched his face? This is a very special moment, especially considering that he kept his face covered when she first fell in love with him.

This next comment doesn't really pertain to this chapter, but I'm still not clear on how Jacob got Carlotta to drink the foot treatment. I'm assuming he transferred it to another cup. But why would she have kept drinking after the first sip? Was it yummy?
Quiet Mindreader chapter 74 . 3/5/2011
So I read all of 74 last night after all, but I'm just now reviewing.

Wonderful chapter! I loved the part at the end. :) I think it was a nice touch having them on stage. I wonder if her family noticed, or Raoul.
Quiet Mindreader chapter 73 . 3/4/2011
I loved this chapter. I had a feeling about that mug. I assume it was Carlotta? I was only going to read 3 chapters tonight, but now I must keep walking. I may not make it to the end of 74 tonight, though...I need to save some for tomorrow. :)
Quiet Mindreader chapter 72 . 3/4/2011
"Anne was barely able to contain the look of deep revulsion that threatened to manifest itself. " - I just liked that sentence.

I think Mr. Charming is selling Elliot's valuables and pocketing most of the profit.
Quiet Mindreader chapter 71 . 3/4/2011
Yeah, I wondered briefly if you'd make it an email, but I knew you wouldn't. ;)

I loved the letter he left her. :) On to the next chapter!
Quiet Mindreader chapter 70 . 3/3/2011
He didn't walk on by! I greatly enjoyed the conversation between Frederik and Anne...or should I say Erik and Christine? That is so much like real life, trying to have an important conversation with oblivious people interrupting you with frivolous things.

I want to read more but I got a late start tonight and now I must get some sleep. Might I get to "see" Ivan tomorrow morning? :D
Quiet Mindreader chapter 69 . 3/2/2011
I wasn't quite expecting Frederik in this chapter. That was intentional, wasn't it?

"I already met him once on the bridge. That was quite enough for me." - LOL

"I'm sure Harville would attend a coffee if his wife's family invited him" - I enjoyed their little argument. :)

So Frederik is drawing near to Anne, and her heart is beating faster. You're not going to let him just walk right by her, are you?
Quiet Mindreader chapter 68 . 3/2/2011
You have "dudgeon" in this story too! And this time I already knew what it meant! :)

"she prefers the quite and solitude" - typo: "quite" should be "quiet"

"I should very much like to see the Musgroves. - missing end quote

It sounds like Elizabeth is finally beginning to come to grips with the reality of their financial situation.

I'm sure that would be a very interesting conversation if Walter Elliot were to ask Raoul for money!

I enjoyed the return of Mary. I've missed her! Are the children at home with the new nanny?