Reviews for The New Guys
mkoepp63026 chapter 5 . 3/26
Loved it. Excellent view of everyday stuff, lol, really liked the satedan cursing lessons.
nacimynom chapter 5 . 3/29/2014
I just reread your story. You have written so many wonderful John Sheppard character studies and this is one of my favorites.
Spidey-phd chapter 5 . 3/11/2014
Great story
linda.ljc chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
i love military themes and i'd love to read this but i can't sit at someone's computer and read your story and i can't download it anymore. i'd love to read it but has gone crazy denying access to copying stories.
Harmne chapter 4 . 4/3/2013
I already reviewed once for the last chapter so had to back up one to add this in... I loved the touches of "Sheppard humor" in this - the droll 'new intel' that some Wraith did carry knives, LOL. Especially loved the "Is it true..." questions when the briefing goes a little off track - would LOVE to have heard some more of the stories they newbies had heard but couldn't believe! Love this story and your knack for writing the characters in such wonderful fashion! Thanks!
sheppardlover928 chapter 5 . 10/25/2012
Third tiem reading-still excellent!
Harmne chapter 5 . 8/21/2012
I loved this! I can't even imagine what a shock it would be to a regular Marine to find himself in Pegasus under the strange command of Sheppard... Oh, and I loved the Satedan cursing! Especially that John has been learning it but STILL manages to mangle it in his own humorous fashion!
Astrollama chapter 5 . 3/14/2012
Dang! Every time i read this story I'm blown away by just how good it is. Keep on reading that book and then practice it some more on SGA. Purely for homework benefits you understand. Not for us at all...
sheppardlover928 chapter 4 . 10/21/2011
This is the second time I've read this story , but I didnt review the first time...What a terrific story! I love how you portray John in all his stoic altruistic glory! I love how all his men are in awe of his legendary feats and the respect they show him. I love how his team respect and care for him also! This so whumpoliscious iwth lots of accolades for my hero! If only everyone was so selfless in real life! Thanks!
history chapter 5 . 6/6/2011
I love it!
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
What a terrific ficlet! I especially loved your Elizabeth.
clerical medical chapter 5 . 12/21/2010
Exquisite whump, and a great glimpse into the 'commander of significant military base' side of Sheppard that we don't often see. Thank you.
erinlouise chapter 5 . 11/8/2010
Great Story! Really well done :)
Kariesue chapter 5 . 10/19/2010
Went back for a re-read and realized I never reviewed. Shame on me. Especially when your stories always give me so much pleasure. This was a great look at how the new guys see Sheppard and even though Miller may not have changed too much, I still think he will have a whole new way of seeing Sheppard and I think his respect for the man will definitely increase. You really have everyone so in character, always. And the interaction between all the main characters is fantastic. You do military just as well as you do action and angst. Thanks so much for sharing with all of us. Hope you're working on something new for us soon.
daechil chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I've read this story so many times and each time it gets better. Any chance we could convice you to write another version of Sheppard and team training a new batch of newbies?

They changed so much since Elizabeth was captured by the Replicators. I'd love to see your take on how those changes have impacted the command style.

Thanks again for this perfect gem of a story.