Reviews for The New Guys
Mklaihai chapter 5 . 7/24
okay... wow. this is probably one of my fav SGA fics. I've never read a story that covers anything close to this - new recruits, how Sheppard gains their respect and devotion, etc - but it definitely makes sense, since he is head of all military operations on Atlantis. he is such a well written and complex character already, but this story only added to that; ten-fold. aaaand since I'm a Shep whumper, the h/c was very much appreciated. ;D honestly, I really love this. your writing is precise and clear; not showy but descriptive and your grasp of the characters is absolutely perfect. this is definitely a new favorite story. ;) xx
Estel Kenobi chapter 5 . 5/8
I love love LOVE the use of Satedan cussing and offensive gestures. It really drives home the fact that, like a lot of things in this galaxy, Ronan is inherently DIFFERENT, and even the show lost a bit of that awareness sometimes.
Aurelia99 chapter 5 . 11/11/2015
This is one of my favorite SGA stories so far :-)
"Is it true that Sheppard...?" LOL that is the epitome of impressed guy.

Great job!
mkoepp63026 chapter 5 . 3/26/2015
Loved it. Excellent view of everyday stuff, lol, really liked the satedan cursing lessons.
nacimynom chapter 5 . 3/29/2014
I just reread your story. You have written so many wonderful John Sheppard character studies and this is one of my favorites.
Spidey-phd chapter 5 . 3/11/2014
Great story
linda.ljc chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
i love military themes and i'd love to read this but i can't sit at someone's computer and read your story and i can't download it anymore. i'd love to read it but has gone crazy denying access to copying stories.
Harmne chapter 4 . 4/3/2013
I already reviewed once for the last chapter so had to back up one to add this in... I loved the touches of "Sheppard humor" in this - the droll 'new intel' that some Wraith did carry knives, LOL. Especially loved the "Is it true..." questions when the briefing goes a little off track - would LOVE to have heard some more of the stories they newbies had heard but couldn't believe! Love this story and your knack for writing the characters in such wonderful fashion! Thanks!
sheppardlover928 chapter 5 . 10/25/2012
Third tiem reading-still excellent!
Harmne chapter 5 . 8/21/2012
I loved this! I can't even imagine what a shock it would be to a regular Marine to find himself in Pegasus under the strange command of Sheppard... Oh, and I loved the Satedan cursing! Especially that John has been learning it but STILL manages to mangle it in his own humorous fashion!
Astrollama chapter 5 . 3/14/2012
Dang! Every time i read this story I'm blown away by just how good it is. Keep on reading that book and then practice it some more on SGA. Purely for homework benefits you understand. Not for us at all...
sheppardlover928 chapter 4 . 10/21/2011
This is the second time I've read this story , but I didnt review the first time...What a terrific story! I love how you portray John in all his stoic altruistic glory! I love how all his men are in awe of his legendary feats and the respect they show him. I love how his team respect and care for him also! This so whumpoliscious iwth lots of accolades for my hero! If only everyone was so selfless in real life! Thanks!
history chapter 5 . 6/6/2011
I love it!
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
What a terrific ficlet! I especially loved your Elizabeth.
clerical medical chapter 5 . 12/21/2010
Exquisite whump, and a great glimpse into the 'commander of significant military base' side of Sheppard that we don't often see. Thank you.