Reviews for Sepia
MusicLover333 chapter 25 . 10/14/2011
You wrote a beautiful ending, overall a job very well done. (:
MusicLover333 chapter 6 . 10/13/2011
...I was right, it's amazing. You write very well.
MusicLover333 chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Terrific first chapter, I can already tell this is going to be amazing. (:
CatrienStardust chapter 7 . 1/23/2011
First of all. I LOVE Palex.

I hope this never changes. This is how it should always be.

a delicate hand coming up to trace that faint white scar that passed through Alex's bottom lip

terrible lime-green gauchos

The little details; the way you string your words together to prove such a point in such a small space really make this.
gschelt chapter 8 . 5/17/2010
just so you know, that chapter was fucking gorgeous.
Magnus121 chapter 25 . 3/28/2010
Amazing story. Very well written. In some of the diary chapters you wrote 'fuckin A' I wasn't sure if it was meant to be the basic Canadian word or something else. If it was meant to be typically Canadian then it should actually be written as 'fuckin eh'.

But seriously, great story, adds a lot to Alex's character that was missing from the show (they should have done a lot more about her.)
sarasunnyshine chapter 25 . 12/23/2009
This was beautiful. You are a wonderful writer. One of the best I've ever read.
Clom-a-lom chapter 25 . 6/10/2008
you make me wish I could actually write.

*squeeze hugs*
balaustine chapter 25 . 5/21/2008
This has got to be the best Palex fic I've ever read. I love how subtle and poetic your writing is, and how throughly each character's voice is developed. I wanted to send along some constructive criticism along with the heaps of praise, but I honestly can't think of anything that should be altered. And now I'm running off to read your other Palex fics.
Lillian Resolve chapter 25 . 12/29/2007
wow...this is like the best most poetic story ever...that might be the insomnia and my deperate need for a fucking mountian dew talking but dude..this is way fucking awesome
anaramaparaiso chapter 25 . 9/10/2007
Hello, Orange! It's me, Ana, who left you a review on 'Confidential' , now from my newly created account. I went ahead and signed up after all.

I have to admit that I was really flatered by your response. I'm glad you enjoyed the review. As I said, it's a rather small pay.

I actually read 'Sepia' before 'Confidential', but since I'm a rebel I reviewed them the other way around ;)

Well, I don't know all the writers in the site, although I must admit I'm coming close to knowing all the Palex stories! Still, I think you fit quite comfortably among those who provide best quality AND best entertainment. Besides, there's also the recommendations on your profile, which I think I should also thank you for, since they are indeed awesome writers.

On to the story, then. I can see how Sepia would be your baby. It really is one of the best Alex stories out there, I think. Personally, I've always loved these type of 'charachter-study' fics and in my humble opinion, you've really pulled it off. One of the things that I absolutely LOVED about it were the journal entries. It's one thing to write from a charachter POV, yet somehow removed from them or the moment, as if it were a memory they are retelling, and it's another thing entirely to really get inside their skin and make the words become them somehow, and that's exactly what I felt when reading those entries. What I mean is, it really read like something she would've writen. The akwardness and slight shame of the first one, finally giving up and then the next one, retaking the writing without stoping to explain or make any excuses for it... I loved it.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say (english is a second language for me) and that I'm not sounding too crazy!

I'm sorry to hear you're going through a Degrassi-block, but maybe it's just a little DTNG-break your brain felt the need to take without consulting first (the nerve!). And I understand what you mean by not being able to update 'Confidential', and if in the end it stays unfinished, that's ok. Better to work on what flows than to push what's not coming, right? And we will still have goten one amazing little chapter to enjoy! :)

This things don't have a lenght-limit? Now I feel a little self-conscious about how much I've writen! Sorry if I took too much of your time.
bohemianxx chapter 25 . 7/31/2007
The only thing I have to say is.. *checks 'Add story to my Favorite Stories List'* _
lamaitresse chapter 5 . 7/28/2007
I just stumbled across your work this evening and I have to say I'm really enjoying everything I've read so far. I think you have a real knack for find each character's voice. Plus you have good grammar which automatically makes me crave more, hahahaha.

For this chapter though, you might want to check the date. I'm pretty sure there's never been a thirtieth day in February, ever. ;)
Doesn'tMeanMuch chapter 25 . 7/23/2007
You go out with a bang don't you?

Ha, just go the joke I made without even knowing it...anyways, pretty sweet finish to a ridiculously perfect story. I'm sad to see it go really, this is probably the best piece of work I've ever laid eyes on.

Keep on writing like this orange, I'd have nothing if you stopped.
Doesn'tMeanMuch chapter 24 . 7/23/2007
That...

That one kept me quiet for a long time. You're making me think about shit I have never ever wanted to bring back from the back of my mind.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't had cable for probably three years now, and haven't seen an episode of Degrassi since then, only read what people like you write. So the Alex in my head are probably completely not like the character in the show. I paint it with my own life, and apparently you do too, because what I've read that you've written matches probably every aspect of her character I've ever thought of.

It's kinds freaking me out.