Reviews for Dad
Believe In Something Bigger chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
I loved this! The ending was perfect.

"I haven't touched a hunting rifle since he died. After all, I had promised him." -Brilliant ending.
SmileCauseItsWorthIt chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
That was really sweet. I can picture that actually happening. It was a nice father-son moment for Ponyboy and his dad too.
PEACE.LOVE.MUSIC chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
I loved the ending, very well written.

I imagine that Ponyboy would have trouble after shooting the deer, being the more sensitive character.

I liked the idea that Pony and Sodapop would practice loading the gun, but Darry wouldn't. Only because he's always been the more responsible brother.

Great story!
Elsie girl chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Wow. I don't know what you mean is missing. I totally felt what he felt and thought the moments with his dad was sweet. There was that father/son "I won't let him down" complex. The end was one of my favorites ever! Congrats on an awesome story! Sorry that I can't offer advice.
Greaser4life chapter 1 . 3/12/2007
i love that last sentance, but maybe you could make it longer like another paragraph or something, but keep the last sentence.
EchoDeltaNine chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
Aw! What a sweet, one sentenced ending! I really like it. Bitter sweet, this story was; very well written
TreesAreSnazzy chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
That was wicked good, really it was.
MBP chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
Ah, I'm sorry I didn't review earlier, but I'm glad you saw that I added this as a favorite. I really think it is so insightful into the way fathers and sons interact, and it's definitely true to Pony's character. It's very easy to imagine something like this happening prior to the car accident. I thought you did a great job with it.
bread and coal chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
this is really cool- very original idea, and nicely written.
oblivious2theworld chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
I liked it. It makes sense that Pony wouldn't like to kill the deer.
qqqqqqqqqqq chapter 1 . 3/10/2007
omg...that's wicked sad...but, it's good but the last little bit ...idk, its a very nice little, touching piece you got there.

I can't wait to see more. :)