Reviews for Fire
sheppardlover928 chapter 4 . 3/9/2014
Just found this! Wonderful story! Every aspect of this story was fantastic, from the whump detailing to the TLC of recovery. You hit on every aspect of why I just love this team and John
Sheppard in particular! And then there is Carson, who is really the fifth member of the team! I just love how you got his character so true! Hope there's a sequel to this story! If not, there should be!, I'd love to know if John and his Dad make amends...and love to see how their trip goes!
Shelly chapter 4 . 9/24/2009
Wow, great story! Really loved the team togetherness in this. The pkot isn't always that important when you have great team interaction like this, I think that's something TV writers sometimes forget when they work too hard on plot. I thought the perils the team faced were quite inventive, who would have thought to burn a forest to drive them out. I like Ronon and Teyla being the ones who had to save the team this time and that Ronon wasn't a superman for once. Liked the whump in it as well I have to say. Loved the line in it from carson about Rodney's little man! LOL The end was very sweet too. Thanks for shraing this fic, I enjoyed it.
donttouch chapter 3 . 2/19/2008
Oh NOEZ! JOHN!
donttouch chapter 2 . 2/19/2008
aw... poor John!
donttouch chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
nice work :D
mangst chapter 4 . 11/27/2007
I missed this one somehow, but I'm glad I found it now. This was really well done. It's hard to do introspection and keep it interesting, but you mixed it up with lots of action and kept it relevent, so it was a lot of fun to read.
angw chapter 4 . 3/27/2007
Nice Sheppard introspective piece. You've got the characters down pat and great to see Mawani.

Ouch! I don't think I ever want to have broken ribs OR a compound fracture.
NenyaVilyaNenya chapter 4 . 3/21/2007
Maybe the set up seems a little run-of-the-mill, but it's really not about the villager aspect (as you've pointed out) and the use of the Wraith worshipers instead of "Rodney pissed-off the locals" or "John made a pass at the chief's daughter" thing.

I love the ending- something I didn't see coming, but maybe I should have.
Jordan McKenzie chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
What a great story! Your style is gorgeous and your understanding of characters is, well, it's a bit like you've been hanging out with them yourself! Which leads me to ask... have you? And next time you do, may I come?

Seriously, you've done beautiful work here. Thanks!
Laura-trekkie chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
Lovely ending. Let's hope John's dad is as open to fixing things as John seems to be. I loved how the team was there with him, giving him moral support.

It was the same during his recovery, always one of them, Carson or Mawani there when he woke. I particularly liked Mawani's talk with him, how her differing viewpoint and uncomplicated outlook on life gave John something to think about and realise that yes, he may well willing give everything for his team, but that he also is worthy of that same dedication and selflessness from his friends.

Another great story to add to your collection.
Laura-trekkie chapter 3 . 3/18/2007
*Eep* John! Evil, evil cliffie!

More great insight into John and what makes him tick, how he accepted his own mortality long ago, but has never accepted that he could be the cause of someone elses death, his team's death and how that was enough to get him praying.

Was it down to John's prayer that Ronon took the correct path and that the rescue team was right there, or was it simply good luck? Whichever it was, I hope it hangs around for just a while longer.
Laura-trekkie chapter 2 . 3/18/2007
Another great chapter.

I liked the italic section at the start; John's outlook on life/background. I meant to say that about the first chapter too, but think I forgot. It's such a great way to get in John's head and see what motivates him.

As for the peril portion of the story...very tense and worrying. It was bad enough that John broke his leg, but it had to be the worst kind of break! And Rodney, coughing up blood. That can't be good, even if it wasn't very much. Still, he was able to bitch and snark, so hopefully that's a good sign. Plus, they're out of the fires now, at least, though not out of the woods as it were.
Frisco chapter 4 . 3/17/2007
Very well done. You captured the tone of the characters very well. You mentioned not having a plot, but I found that John discovering life's purpose and meaning to be the plot. A wonderful character study.
Pocus chapter 4 . 3/15/2007
Fantastic end to a fantastic story. This was a very emotional time for him. Well done on that note. Very in-character for all involved.
ditraveler chapter 4 . 3/15/2007
Poor Rodney without a splin! thanks for the story!