Reviews for Stranger in the Night
GeorgeTobor chapter 6 . 4/30/2010
A good story, but sad, very sad. Could you write an alternate ending that is less sad, maybe even happy? You could post the other endings as chapters 7 and 8.
The One True Koneko chapter 6 . 8/29/2007
That was an awesome story, and you are and awesome writer. I only found a couple of errors, and I liked the storyline. Well done!

Rating: 8/10
CMBaggs chapter 2 . 8/26/2007
Okay... I only made it to chapter 2 because the random shifts in time made it feel like I was tripping. The conversation that Brenda and Alfred have about drow seems annoyingly contrived. I mean... these are commoners, right? Why are they talking with such knowledge about drow? It's not like they have the Monster Manual sitting on their dining table... or do they? o.0

On a positive note... I like the amount of detail that you put into describing the characters. That's nice. Maybe, I'll read the rest.
TrailWanderer chapter 5 . 4/3/2007
Hey Dreamsinger, good job with your story so far! Although I agree that Shen's plot runs partly parallel to Drizzt Do'urdens I don't think that wrecks the story, infact the story is well-written and interesting. As well, your drow character is showing some original characteristics such as being dependant on other characters (Alfred and Brenda). The suspense is killing me from the last part so get on the next chapter soon Haha! Keep up the great work and two thumbs up.

Trailwanderer

. If anyone is interested I have released the first chapter of a Dnd story called "The Strange Party" please check it out and review it as well! Thanks, and sorry don't mean to advertise...
oblivionknight7 chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
read all of it so far and i like! puttin it on my story alert.
Jazzerman chapter 5 . 4/3/2007
Yay updates! I love the fic, can't wait till the next chapter is up!
Icy Mike Molson chapter 4 . 3/22/2007
I want to say it's a decent story. I really, really do. However, the undrowlike qualities that you say Shen possesses (henceforth known as Drizzt-angst) have now become the norm of this once great, and now downright annoying, race. I know that's a bit harsh, but every time I turn around I find another drow renegade. Other than that, you have a decent grasp of writing, with only a few typos to worry about. It flows rather well, but you may want to consider separating scenes just so that we know where the changes in time and place(well, not so much place, as we're always on the farm) are.

So while I'm not a huge fan of drow creepiong to the surface(one wonders if my drow are the only ones left below the surface), I respect your writing ability.
Icy Mike Molson chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
I think they should kill the drow before she has a chance to show that she has purple eyes, two scimitars, and a chaotic good alignment.

Well, not much to go on right now. Technically it seems fairly done, bu again, there's only a couple of paragraphs to work with. So maybe I should reserve judgment until after chapter two...
Jazzerman chapter 4 . 3/16/2007
well done! Please continue your story soon!