Reviews for A Rare Bird
This is a lovely lovely story. You showed a nice progression of their relationship and feelings. Thank you!
braye27 chapter 8 . 5/20
A friend recommended this fic, and I'm so happy she did. Your characters seemed very real to me, and I love the way you wrote the arc of their story. A brilliant story by anyone's measure!

Beth
lena1987 chapter 8 . 5/18
This is an absolutely brilliant story. Your use of tense is wonderfully done, and it all flows so seamlessly, so realistic, that it's just like reading reality. Well done.
happiness8000 chapter 8 . 4/30
I liked it. At first I found the style of writing abrupt and thought I wouldn't want to read the story but it seemed to reflect Hermione's sadness and I was sucked in almost straight away, I couldn't put it down.
BlueWater5 chapter 8 . 3/17
Sweet story of recovery.
deedeebug chapter 8 . 7/26/2015
Wow that was sad all the way through maybe melancholy is the right word. Thanks for a well written story.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
Because kicking her out of their lives was so incredibly "loving"... Hermione's parents are assholes; she's better off without them.
AwkwardIdeasLeadToThis chapter 8 . 5/3/2015
oh shit. man. MAN. sometimes you just. the crappiest stories have the best summaries sometimes (not this in the first respect) but sometimes the story fits the summary or well even exceeds it. I always get drawn into these stories. Where it's real life just... depression. I can't stop reading and I feel... odd at the end. Realizing that they went through a fucking war and not many people write about reality. Thank you for a wonderful story.
BlueDorid chapter 8 . 3/24/2015
I loved the realism in this story. The subtle progression of their romance, the vagaries of life. It was not overly emotional, which I think is what made it seem so authentic. I appreciate the well paced and restrained writing. I have a feeling this fic will stick with me for a long time. Thanks for sharing!
Guest chapter 8 . 1/23/2015
I applaud you!
pottohipamus chapter 8 . 1/18/2015
I loved this :)
I love the soft voice in which you spin your tale.
I love the realism with which you imbued the characters; the emotions and bouts of prickliness were just so.

What initially felt like a slow start turned out to simply be a period of adjustment for your gentle writing style, which I have come to appreciate.
Perry Downing chapter 8 . 1/13/2015
What a beautiful, spare story. I had a lovely afternoon enjoying your prose. Thank you.
jane.janedoe chapter 8 . 1/10/2015
This was absolutely lovely. Very realistic and quite quiet.
jane.janedoe chapter 3 . 1/10/2015
This is very beautiful, very poignant.
RhodaBush chapter 8 . 10/30/2014