Reviews for A Rare Bird
deedeebug chapter 8 . 7/26
Wow that was sad all the way through maybe melancholy is the right word. Thanks for a well written story.
Because kicking her out of their lives was so incredibly "loving"... Hermione's parents are assholes; she's better off without them.
AwkwardIdeasLeadToThis chapter 8 . 5/3
oh shit. man. MAN. sometimes you just. the crappiest stories have the best summaries sometimes (not this in the first respect) but sometimes the story fits the summary or well even exceeds it. I always get drawn into these stories. Where it's real life just... depression. I can't stop reading and I feel... odd at the end. Realizing that they went through a fucking war and not many people write about reality. Thank you for a wonderful story.
BlueDorid chapter 8 . 3/24
I loved the realism in this story. The subtle progression of their romance, the vagaries of life. It was not overly emotional, which I think is what made it seem so authentic. I appreciate the well paced and restrained writing. I have a feeling this fic will stick with me for a long time. Thanks for sharing!
I applaud you!
pottohipamus chapter 8 . 1/18
I loved this :)
I love the soft voice in which you spin your tale.
I love the realism with which you imbued the characters; the emotions and bouts of prickliness were just so.

What initially felt like a slow start turned out to simply be a period of adjustment for your gentle writing style, which I have come to appreciate.
Perry Downing chapter 8 . 1/13
What a beautiful, spare story. I had a lovely afternoon enjoying your prose. Thank you.
jane.janedoe chapter 8 . 1/10
This was absolutely lovely. Very realistic and quite quiet.
jane.janedoe chapter 3 . 1/10
This is very beautiful, very poignant.
RhodaBush chapter 8 . 10/30/2014
More please!
DreamsAreCrimson chapter 8 . 8/22/2014
That was awesome! It was also very realistic! ]
celinae chapter 8 . 7/13/2014
So, so, lovely. This story was stark and perfect and an amazing reimagining of the end of HP. I wish there was a little more of a sense of happiness and steadiness, but I guess it's realistic and happy in its own bittersweet way, and both characters have reached good points in their lives.
Anony mouse chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
This story is so beautiful. Thank you.
Muggles chapter 8 . 10/29/2013
I just reread this again. I sob through it every time. It is such a poignant story. The heartache of the life that should have been.

Thank you for writing it.
Dimac99 chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
I feel like this might be one of the most important pieces of fanfiction I ever read. Regardless of the story, the description of Hermione's depression is the most incredible and vivid I've seen and I feel like I want to run up to people and wave this story in their faces and shout "This! This is what it is! This is what depression means! It's not just 'being a bit sad'!"