Reviews for A Rare Bird
I applaud you!
pottohipamus chapter 8 . 1/18
I loved this :)
I love the soft voice in which you spin your tale.
I love the realism with which you imbued the characters; the emotions and bouts of prickliness were just so.

What initially felt like a slow start turned out to simply be a period of adjustment for your gentle writing style, which I have come to appreciate.
Perry Downing chapter 8 . 1/13
What a beautiful, spare story. I had a lovely afternoon enjoying your prose. Thank you.
jeanjeanvaljean chapter 8 . 1/10
This was absolutely lovely. Very realistic and quite quiet.
jeanjeanvaljean chapter 3 . 1/10
This is very beautiful, very poignant.
RhodaBush chapter 8 . 10/30/2014
More please!
DreamsAreCrimson chapter 8 . 8/22/2014
That was awesome! It was also very realistic! ]
celinae chapter 8 . 7/13/2014
So, so, lovely. This story was stark and perfect and an amazing reimagining of the end of HP. I wish there was a little more of a sense of happiness and steadiness, but I guess it's realistic and happy in its own bittersweet way, and both characters have reached good points in their lives.
Anony mouse chapter 8 . 1/1/2014
This story is so beautiful. Thank you.
Muggles chapter 8 . 10/29/2013
I just reread this again. I sob through it every time. It is such a poignant story. The heartache of the life that should have been.

Thank you for writing it.
Dimac99 chapter 8 . 9/30/2013
I feel like this might be one of the most important pieces of fanfiction I ever read. Regardless of the story, the description of Hermione's depression is the most incredible and vivid I've seen and I feel like I want to run up to people and wave this story in their faces and shout "This! This is what it is! This is what depression means! It's not just 'being a bit sad'!"
Petite Mule chapter 8 . 8/22/2013
You write really well and your stories are realistic, believable, especially about humans relationships. Thank you.
Oregonbird chapter 8 . 8/16/2013
You handle relationships so beautifully. Complexity of emotion presented in simple, real moments and actions; such a classy and understated approach to the physical side of love. I've enjoyed your work immensely.
Mafer Potter chapter 8 . 5/7/2013
This is the sort of stories that I both love and hate. They make me melancholic and bring a sour taste to my tongue. Yet, I keep reading them until the end. And even though I don't particularly enjoy them (since their tragic and so depressing) I do kinda enjoy the ride. If that even makes any sense at all.

Thank you for sharing. This is an interesting story. I enjoyed the style, as well. So... Cheers!
Alexis.Danaan chapter 8 . 3/28/2013
This was lovely, especially the epilogue. I'm a big fan of fluff and I am terribly guilty of writing what often seems like unrealistic endings of happiness simply because when I read and when I write I like to forget that the world is imperfect and often cruel. You hit a beautiful balance between optimism and realism and I love it. Thank you for sharing this story.