Reviews for The Purple Potion
hermionesuper chapter 3 . 8/11
mckertis 第3章。2016年8月7日
无法阅读任何更多的,太恶心了。

I know why you felt disgusting now. Warning for readers: Harry fucked the other woman when he thought he loves Hermione. I hope the writer's lover will fuck others when he loves her.
Opscommando chapter 12 . 7/9
Great story and wonderful writing. I came here looking for a Harry x Hermione romance though, and while I'm expecting it to happen at some point in the story, this Draco x Hermione romance is just painful to read!

However, Im still going to keep reading!
Chronic-Insomnia chapter 69 . 5/6
Very interesting plot and good writing, but, holy hell, the ANGST. Trying to follow Hermione's meandering thoughts was so grating, I barely made it.

I had hoped for a more satisfying conclusion. None of the villains really suffered. The potion ultimately didn't matter. Couldn't really appreciate the romance since Hermione wasn't even participating for most of it. It all just abruptly came to an end and all that nervous tension sputtered out.

Still, what a ride. Lots of twists and turns.
Well you're going to have to explain to me how Hermione and Draco dating makes any kind of sense in any world let alone Cannon no no that's just you should have went with a different character on that as far as I'm concerned but it's just my opinion and you are more than welcome to ignore it
VioletBuckbeak chapter 10 . 3/7
Ok just a guess but i think Umbridge is behind this and Greasy is her Squib brother.
HomiesOverHos chapter 33 . 1/29
This story is incredible from the quidditch innuendos to the baseball and now the end of this chapter made me tear up! I would have never considered he killed himself, even with him being introduced as a ghost. I'm wow... plus you wrote Ginny into a very likeable character (although I'm a Draco fan so I hate how she hates him). I'm in awe and have read this particular chapter 5 times now and wow. I'm rambling but amazing job.
Ashley chapter 70 . 11/19/2016
I just read this again after a year and a half. It was just as good the second time. *slow clap*
mckertis chapter 3 . 8/6/2016
Cant read any more, too disgusting.
BlackThunder6666 chapter 70 . 7/13/2016
Wonderful story! Enjoyed every moment of it. Thank you for sharing this masterpiece. 3
Buffy66 chapter 70 . 1/12/2016
Thanks for the wonderful story.
s-david-m chapter 70 . 12/7/2015
This was a good story, and fairly well written, with some very good plot twists. Kudos! Now for the nitpicks and suggestions.

Your Hermione feels a bit off. Her personality isn't as forceful and direct as I would expect. You could chalk it up to the central emotional trauma, or perhaps maturity, but I'm not sure that's enough to change such an ingrained personality trait. As a result, the angst felt a little manufactured at times. I don't think she would react this way to the events that set this story in motion. This eventually necessitated the ghostly intervention to bring them together, which just made everything more unnecessarily complicated.

The story structure is poor at the beginning. The time jumps and in-chapter review of past events makes for confusing reading (but still better than most fics). The story would have been much more compelling if written in a linear fashion. I understand you were kind of winging it as you wrote, so there's not much you can do about that unless you already have a detailed outline of the story.

Also we don't have any idea where this AU branched with respect to canon. It seems HBP, but I don't think you ever explicitly said it, and we have no idea where the characters we know about ended up, or how the final battle went. The full details aren't pertinent to this story, but the character arcs are. For instance, knowing Neville didn't rise to hero status is important here. These details are important because otherwise readers can't understand and judge how clearly the characters are thinking. Introducing it piecemeal as the story goes makes this more challenging.

As for the writing, it was quite decent overall. Some sporadic typos, some incorrect words here and there, but not frequent enough to be distracting. The main distraction was an inappropriate lack of commas on some sentences (or a misplaced comma sometimes). The meaning of some sentences came out a little jumbled without them, and those took a few readings to clarify.

Thanks for a very enjoyable mystery overall!
s-david-m chapter 67 . 12/6/2015
I disagree entirely with Hermione's reasoning that nothing good can come from evil that someone else perpetrated. A perfect analogue to the scenario in this chapter are the abhorrent medical experiments the Nazis conducted on their prisoners. It yielded medical knowledge that has since been used to save many lives. While that end doesn't justify the experiments in the first place, it would be absurd to simply throw out that knowledge.
s-david-m chapter 50 . 12/5/2015
I expected Ron or Hermione to ask Ron how he found out about Harry being Roy, particularly when he again mentioned knowing. But, given this whole story has taken place over what seems less than 24 hours so far, perhaps they're not at their best. Interesting that Ron didn't recognise Floyd's description though.
s-david-m chapter 48 . 12/5/2015
I think Andy's personality changed a bit too much in this chapter.
s-david-m chapter 42 . 12/5/2015
Hermione's objection doesn't entirely make sense. If the final conversation with Harry is too painful for her, she can always have it obliviated. Harry would have said his piece, and she could have her separation if that's what she still wanted. Perhaps a little drastic, but clearly her current strategies aren't working.