Reviews for A Serpent's Sacrifice
A 29yr old doc chapter 45 . 1/4/2020
29 yrs old and for some reason the name Gabilian came to my mind a few days ago. Randomly, from some deep part of my brain. A memory from almost 12 yrs ago...a memory of a wonderful book that I read in anticipation of the last and final book in the Harry Potter series.
To give respect to that beautiful memory, and to rediscover why your book left such a profound impression in my brain, I decided to read it again. 12 yrs later. A lot has happened since then - 12 yrs of education, a lot of life experiences and hopefully some measure of maturity. However one thing did not change - how wonderfully written I found your book to be. Wherever you are, I hope you have done well Gabilian. I hope you have had success in the field of your choosing. If it is in literature, I would love to find out more and if it isn't in literature, then know this much - you will be remembered by several of us who had the pleasure of reading your book.
datbenik513 chapter 45 . 11/29/2019
I have been returning to this story several times since the first read, and every time I find myself rereading all 45 chapters in one go. Every time I find something unique that hadn't been written to death in this fandom. Every time I enjoy the flawless, impeccable writing and the powerful characterizations.
I would really love to read more stories from your pen.
odonnellzoo99 chapter 45 . 11/28/2019
I consider this a far better 7th year story than DH. I look forward to reading The Bottom of the Lake next to see if you went 2 for 2 in that respect.
Besides the story being creative and well thought out, the quality of the writing is also well done.
Since I see a US flag in your profile, I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving today.
Thank you for the story.
ConRom1210 chapter 45 . 10/25/2019
Thanks for writing this!

This is a very enjoyable read, although the angst is a bit overwhelming at times :) I think I prefer bottom of the lake if I'm honest, a bit more light-hearted. Plus I'm not a fan of the Ginny storyline at all here.

The Dumbledore storyline was great, and I loved your journey with the horcruxes, very inventive and engaging.

Ron was done quite well I thought. The breakdown certainly is controversial, but there is a large part of me that says it's more realistic. This his sister, and I know for all intents and purposes that Harry is his brother, but grief is stifling and his need to leave is most understandable. Maybe in a few years when he is less cloudy, more able to face it, he will come back and reignite his friendships.

It feels like more of a Harry/Ginny story than a Harry/Hermione story given that a large portion of the fic is dedicated to that but nonetheless it is a highly enjoyable read and thank you for writing it :) You're a very good writer and the detail and extensive planning in your plot is incredibly impressive.

Both your fics should absolutely have more reviews! I hope everything is going well for you, and someday the need to write HP fics might strike you again if we're lucky :)

CR.
peruvianprincess chapter 45 . 10/23/2019
I've just re-read both of your stories. I can't say which of them I liked best, because they are both based on different concepts. I love finding such original stories, and yours are also written so well that they are doubly enjoyable. I've recently retired, which gives me extra time to go back and read again all the great stories on my personal list. Thanks for the time and effort you put into your work.
Aurora B chapter 45 . 10/19/2019
Really enjoyed reading your fic! Cried a few times reading it because I felt so involved. Thanks for writing it!
vampdreams chapter 45 . 9/30/2019
Oh my God!
I absolutely loved this!
I regret the character's fate, that she met at the muggle flat (I'm trying my best to avoid spoiling something for future readers :P)
But everything just slotted into place
I haven't read a better fic in quite a while, and trust me, I read a lot of fanfic!

Thanks for sharing _
TR-78 chapter 1 . 9/24/2019
Hi! I read this back in 2006-7! Wow, has it really been that long? I'm Sarah, who's totally blind, I was trying to get Stephen Fry to read this, if you remember! Still as good as it was then! :)
Hetc chapter 45 . 9/12/2019
Thanks for this. This was a good portrayal of survivor's guilt. Interesting to have 'muggle' Dumbledore.
sunandkp chapter 45 . 9/9/2019
One of the best story I have read on this site. Bravo!
Chalayne chapter 45 . 7/6/2019
Really great story with fresh ideas!
suziq968 chapter 45 . 2/11/2019
This was so intense. I actually had to take breaks and there were so many times I thought Harry wasn't going to make it. I loved how you handled Dumbledore, so many of us dreamed of something like that after HBP. There were tears and I think my laughter at the giant cake incident may have been a little hysterical, but it was perfect timing. Really great job.
suziq968 chapter 12 . 2/7/2019
As much as I loved Alan Rickman, I think Snape was ultimately, at the best, self serving. He wasn't brave as much as he was trapped and he was so ridiculously petty about Harry that he couldn't see the truth to save his life. I think he died hoping to see Lily (especially with the eyes) but that if he did, she kicked his arse all of the afterlife. He made Harry's life worse in every way he could get away with and I think he would have cheered as Harry died in that first quidditch match if not for the life debt. So, I approve of your Snape.
Corwyn chapter 45 . 2/7/2019
Wow, I loved this story. Thank you ever so much for sharing it with us.
kelwin chapter 1 . 1/22/2019
hi read your fics years ago and i am returning to them. i have found that the fics i read in my early days of fic reading are by far the best and this is yours too. if you are still around can you suggest any fics you have found to be good. thanks
649 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »