Reviews for Magnolia
Coleegirl chapter 13 . 6/2/2014
Ok I know you wrote this seven years ago by I just want to say that I adore your interactions between Mr Bennett and Nathan so BRAVO to you!
Milarca chapter 7 . 10/5/2010
I love the description of Claude (though to be perfectly honest at first I thought you were talking about Adam ;) and the 'nudging Sylar with her toe' bit ;) I like it.
Milarca chapter 2 . 8/18/2010
You know, I was surprised to see the lyrics to 'Magnolia' here :) That was actually the first thing I thought if when I saw the title.. But it is such a wonderful song _
brolly501 chapter 53 . 9/24/2008
great story
shinealightonme chapter 53 . 7/11/2008
Okay, so what does it say about me that I find a story where thousands of people die less depressing than one where a half-dozen people die? Not that the old ending was bad (I thought it was well-written, the last line was perfect, though it was a bit rushed), but THANK YOU so much for writing this one. I read your story and was was so horribly depressed by the end of it that I didn't notice there was still one more chapter XD so I was moping around for a while and decided, well, I should probably write a review, and that's when I noticed this! It was a great ending. But I've gotten ahead of myself.

The entire story was fantastic. Loved the way you portrayed Claire and Peter's relationship, and Nathan and Peter's - Linderman's assessment of them was right on the money, and I loved watching Nathan's struggle to be a better person, to not let down Peter, and to somehow fit Claire into his life. The characterizations all around were spot on, you had very good dialogue (with lots of excellent evil villain banter, yay!), and there were some interesting twists and turns I didn't see coming. I was very happy to see Hana Gitelman make an appearance, because she's awesome and the more of her, the better. Also, I think one of my favorite things was how Claire realized she was being protected all the time and decided to do something about it, and how by the end she had grown up and become someone even stronger than before. It was nice to see a little change from the "save the cheerleader" mentality, but also to see it happening as a progression of events.

Mostly, I just loved everything about this fic. I can only think of one thing I didn't like about the story, and that was Katie. I mean, I can see how she was kind of necessary, to teach Peter and to help him with his powers but...she kind of bugged me. She didn't seem quite real, somehow. But since I only have one bad thing to say, I consider this an excellent piece of fan fiction. Um...and now I've succeeded in rambling. Ah well.

-Shine
polythenepam128 chapter 20 . 1/5/2008
Your fanfic is great, so engrossing; I'm on chapter 20 and hooked. This writing is as good as what's on the actual show. Oh, and Linderman is totally right about the butter thing :)
mardijo chapter 53 . 11/27/2007
hi,, well you mentioned this fic in String Theory, so i gave it a go, and have spent the last i dont no how many hours reading it (but i will tell you i read it in one sitting, an achievement if i say so myself). and well this fic is amazing i loved it! though i must say that i prefer the second ending, it feels more thought out, and is well happier isnt it. if you kept up that quality throughout this whole fic, and can say i no that string theory will continue to be addictive (at least for us the readers!)
midnightdreamz chapter 22 . 9/13/2007
ok half way threw...and im really liking..great writing! ok now to read the rest :D
Elliesmeow chapter 4 . 5/16/2007
Just wanted to let you know I thought this was an awesome fic(I may have already reviewed but it was late when I finished the fic so..*shrug*).

Can't say I ever really got into Katie or Jonathan. Sorry. But I thought Candice was especially well written considering the lack of epis that are available to draw inspiration from. and Claude too.

And it's always a pleasure to read Claire and Peter being devoted to one another. Thanks for posting!

-Ellie
friar jerome chapter 53 . 5/10/2007
wow. i've been following this story since chapter 27 and i've loved it. i much prefer the second ending, but thats my personal preference.
CreationsofWirting chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
good good god
Locathah chapter 49 . 5/9/2007
So... why didn't Peter just heal Jonathon with Linderman's healing thing? He already proved that he's got it when he healed Katie.
Locathah chapter 44 . 5/9/2007
er... would the shield not stop the heat from getting through and burning him?

And he's ALREADY internalized Claire's ability. If he doesn't need her around to heal anymore than the shield shouldn't have mattered.. he should still have healed.

The idea of the shield stopping him from getting a person's abilities sounds plausible. The test however was very invalid and shouldn't have worked on both counts. (Though when they say it stops "brainwaves" that's a huge assumption. You've never had anything in the story to suggest that... not even them using the shield to stop the telepath or something.) In fact if it stops EVERYTHING having a tight shield all around him should immediately suffocate him. Though a large shield would include a bubble of air.
Noc and NC chapter 53 . 5/7/2007
YAY, alternate ending! I was very put-out by for first version, since, you know, it was horribly depressing. But this one I like much better. It was just so much... happier. And less rushed. That's always good. Splendid work! D

The latest Heroes episode was GOLD, wasn't it? Sylar was like, "I don't want to kill the -innocent- people..." and he wanted his mother to tell him he didn't have to be special, so he could stop being crazy... but that didn't work out. (. I was like, NO, SYLAR, YOU CAN BE A WONDERFUL WATCHMAKER! And he really APPRECIATED his work... but... *sniff*... can you tell I'm a Sylar fan? My mother dosn't understand that Sylar is a semi-good serial killer...

But enough about that. I love this new ending! Made me say, YAY! Though no Hiro/Matt/Ando to the end... ahh well. D
SkyRogue chapter 53 . 5/7/2007
Wow. Ok, now I'm in a pickle. I thought for sure I was going to like this ending better (i'm a sucker for happy endings), but I really can't decide between the two. They're both so good!

Although, I do agree that the original ending was very rushed. It kind of just jumped up and bit you, and I didn't realize how good it was until after the shock wore off. So now I kind of like the sad ending.

But I loved how you built the alternate one! Like with the hostage dealy... But then I loved Peter, Claire, and Katie running off again in the original...

Darn it! I can't decide. Everything you write is great.

So yeah. I loved this whole story, and I'm slightly sad to see it officially over. *Sniff* It was a good run, though, wasn't it?

On a happier note... HOLY CRAP Heroes tonight was flippin' awesome! Ha ha.

Toodles!