Reviews for Counterpoint
Kermitty chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
So bloody cute, it makes the actual scene even cuter when you remember this story while watching it. Great job!

Love,

Kermitty
Trinitas chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
I've meant to review this fic for ages-I've certainly read it enough times-so I'm doing it now.

There aren't that many stories I keep coming back to, but this is one. In fact, this is the story that piqued my interest in House and Chase's relationship to start with: I'd seen the same paternal implications you show here, but never found a fic that portrayed them so perfectly until I stumbled onto yours.

Most of my fic since has focused on that relationship, so thank you for the inspiration.

Now: the writing. You use the second person to marvelous effect, and I love House's internal, half-denied-even-to-himself parenthetical remarks: for me, they make the story, because that's exactly how House thinks, and how he'd approach the idea of caring about someone.

That last line about Chase's honest love as a counterpoint melody brought tears to my eyes the first time I read it, and has stuck in my head ever since. It says everything about the character in so few words, and so beautifully.

Again, thank you.
SlaveToLiterature chapter 1 . 7/21/2010
I can't remember if I reviewed this before, so I'll do it (again) now, just to be sure, because a story this amazing deserves to be reviewed.

Usually I really hate second person perspective, but after two paragraphs, your story had me in its grasp and I didn't even notice anymore. It's very true and very sweet. I enjoyed reading it tremendously.

Great job,

Greetings
Calico17 chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
This is incredible. I love it and I love the details and the way you wrote this from Houses POV. There was so much going on in that little moment, it's a good thing someone wrote it down! Brillant, brilliant job.
Paisley Skies chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
I love this story. All of the emotion that you captured inside of it explodes, and I could see it playing out in front of me. It made me cry. Those sorts of stories are brilliant because they're more than just text; they're emotion, as well.

Excellent job writing this!
Natalia GAG chapter 1 . 11/25/2009
This was beautiful! Own, poor Chase...
Luna-Lunak chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
You're House fic (especially the one with Chase and House in that parental relationship) are an absolute candy for a reader. Keep them coming!
Hoperise chapter 1 . 11/14/2008
Aww, that was so sweet, as well as being perfecty in character. I think you did an amazing job at second-person - most people are too intimidated by the task to even give it a second thought, but you made a go at it, and it turned out beautifully. Great, GREAT work!
rassafraggin chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Hurrah for great House fic! I'm such a fan of yours.
Califaction chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
I love this. Your parentheses are just right-so wonderful and characteristic of the inner House, the powerful emotions behind his analytical mind. One of my favorite scenes is the one in the beginning, in which House easily uses his powers of observation to come up with the scene in 'The dingy, seldom-used men's room...Teeth biting down on a fist...' Your turn of phrase is gorgeous-House's reflection on being 'Pain's bitch, her dancing monkey on a leash' comes to mind. Also, little lines like 'He's preparing for the time when he thinks you'll be gone from his life' had such an impact on me-possibly because of House's frank narration. Sometimes second-person POV is dicey, and turns out to be a mistake-not here. I also think it's great that you worked in House's reaction to the parallels between what he did to Chase in 'Finding Judas' and what his own father did to him. Talking of parallels, it's nice that you managed to begin and end with music. It also fits that House would see the irony of Chase's honesty in the moment of his own deception, and somehow come up with a way for us to realize that he's not just a jerk (although really, House has always been more complicated)-that moment that says, 'I'm good for something beyond my intellect,' when he thinks that 'suddenly, it's vitally important that he never thinks you've been laughing at him.'

There are so many great moments in this fic-I adore it to pieces, especially the ending, with House /taking/ like he always does, self-aware or self-loathing enough to know that 'You don't deserve this,' but appreciating Chase's 'honest love' anyway. This is one time when the satisfaction of 'all anomalies explained,' and even the pressing medical problem of the moment, 'you can't stop staring,' must yield to 'the sense of wonder.'

This is so great. It's House. It's Chase. It's little snippets of Foreman and Cameron and Wilson, seen through your skillful narration, which I can't stop raving about, and am almost rendered incoherent by.

Thanks for writing and posting!
dzio chapter 1 . 6/27/2008
That was great! After Half-Wit I wondered for a long time what was going through House's head when he saw his Ducklings scrambling to help him, and especially what he felt after Chase hugged him. I even wrote my own post-Half-Wit fic (yes, I know, I'm shameless), because I couldn't understand how they could all just go back to acting normal (or at least what passes for normal at PPTH) in the next episode. I felt there had to be something MORE and wished the show told up what it was. I think your answer is spot on. :) Thanks for your work. :)
Lady Chekov chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Wow.

You are a fantastic writer.

I really love your artistic use of the parentheses. Just beautiful...
MorganD chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
One of best fics about House and Chase's relationship I've ever read. I was so upset when I saw the brain cancer episode, I got the strong feeling the writers meant the hug scene as a mocking joke on Chase - "see, the guy is such a sissy, he's crying! now he's embarrassed because House saw him crying! what a baby!" I've also seen quite a number of reviews describing the scene as "comic relief". Maybe I was supposed to cheapen Chase's feelings too, as House seemed so eager to do, but it was impossible for me to find any reason to, especially after the punch in "Finding Judas".

Your fic gives me exactly what I wanted so badly to see in the scene. Thank you so much.
Mirrordance chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
You have a very, very keen eye that I find enviable; the story is such a strong character-piece. For me, there is no higher praise that can be said of a story found on this site, especially since our characters are 'borrowed;' this means that a story's readers already have expectations that (1) muat be met and at the same time, (2) expanded, and enriched. I think you did both things overwhelmingly well. Great job! This was entertaining, and very, very insightful. One of my favorites in any given fan-dom :)
immovinout chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
This was really sweet. It really exspresses what I was trying to explain to my mum the other day. About how the Ducklings are sort of like Houses kids. Thats why he can't date Cameron, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I really, really liked this. EmotionallyCrippled!Chase is always sort of fun. :D
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »