Reviews for My City of Ruins
sparklepop777 chapter 11 . 6/21/2007
This chapter conveyed so much emotion...it was amazing.
Mony19 chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
Great Chapter

Really deep. I figured it would come down to the whole those who experienced the terror and lived and those who were worrying about their family. Derek wants to understand but it won't be easy for him, just like Addie won't understand how it was for them but they should try and have a middle ground.

Maybe therapy would help but I doubt they want to tell a stranger, they should deal with it themselves. Hopefully Addie meets the guy who saved her again, he might help her or she might just want to tell him thank you. Talking to him might make her open up to Derek too.

ud soon
distantmuse chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
Aw, I feel so bad for Derek, wanting some sense of normalcy that he can't get.

I also felt bad for Mark, for thinking that war would be over in less than a year.
naughty-nun chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
Wow, again this chapter is so good!

You're so talented, you should really be proud of yourself )
cold winds chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
Wow. I felt like I was at the game with them. You are so good at capturing the atmosphere in a way that makes it feel completely tangible. Eagerly awaiting the next chapter, of course.
acciosilverdoe chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
Great chapter, as usual.

I know it's gonna be really hard for them, but I hope they make it.

Please update soon! Pretty please!

Beth
Cowboys-and-coffee chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
Every time I read a chapter, I want to find some sort of constructive comment I can make, but again ... there's nothing. You're doing a really great job. I love all the little details of how things were back then. Derek's perspective is interesting, how he wants it all to go away and be normal, because I remember realizing in that week or so afterward how nothing was ever going to be "normal" again, how things were always going to be different. But I totally see where he's coming from, especially in trying to deal with Addison. I think he and Addie are both in a bit of denial. I kept waiting for her to have a breakdown or something, but I have a feeling it might be coming.

Keep up the good work. This is my favorite fic at the moment!
Ladyforga72 chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
So GOOD! HURRY AND UPDATE!
SnowQueenofArendelle chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
Wow! I'm speechless!

This chapter was so good, I have no words.

Amazing, simply amazing.

You write beautifully; I can't wait for more.

Excellent ;D
goldentail chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
It's gonna be a tough road ahead, hope they make it.

Great chapter!
Lizzie9 chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
Wow. This story, with the undercurrents of New York life and mentality and 9/11 is so poetically perfect and amazing, we

almost forget that it' Addek...anyway, just love it.
carsonfiles chapter 12 . 6/20/2007
I am really enjoying this fic. I think you are handling the subject well, and the characters are very in character. In general (because I don't think I commented on the in-hospital chapters), I wish you hadn't taken it AU, but had let the relationships play out with what would happen a few years later (the adultery, move to Seattle, Meredith the intern at Seattle Grace). Maybe someone will write that fic. (Hey, maybe I could!) And the other thing, from this chapter-the first few weeks after 9/11, no one was saying that it was about the oil, because no one was saying Iraq. It was Afghanistan. And while people were joining up & the newspapers were calling for war, I remember a rumble of dissatisfaction that nothing was happening soon enough. That we weren't going in and flattening the country responsible quickly enough. So Derek & Mark's conversation has a bit of anachronism to it.

Those are very small details (and one is only a preference!), I really am enjoying the fic. But I know that I like people to point out things to me that don't ring true. . .so it's actually a compliment. I think.
Lizzie9 chapter 11 . 6/18/2007
um, i cried. i also went to the roof of my building and looked out at the skyline. and cried a little more. amazing. especially what they said at the end. wow.
snowy84 chapter 11 . 6/18/2007
My favourite chapter so far. You managed to demonstrate the city's solidarity and patriotism in a very natural, realistic manner without going overboard. Congratulations. Thankyou for a decent sized update, cannot wait for more.
Mony19 chapter 11 . 6/18/2007
That was really deep. I like that Addison isn't pushing Derek away. It is hard for both of them and will take a while to at least try and move on. Maybe Addie should go to some counselling, or her family should come down to her,family is always such a great help

Can't wait for more