Reviews for A Second Chance
kitanalao chapter 5 . 1/31/2013
aww... that's so sweet. i happy when i read hikaru could make the other patience felt happy, i couldn't help but smile. but honestly i have to stop reading due to my bussiness but i'll be back when i had a time.
kitanalao chapter 4 . 1/31/2013
it's work, it's work. i am glad hikaru has a passion. i only hope hikaru's parent will not mind. oh yeah... i am surprise when mitsuko call her father in law without honorific. that was unlike japanese would do. you should put -san behind the name for someone who had older. or since this is father in law, i guess otoo-san should be fine. other wise this is a good story. i like it
kitanalao chapter 3 . 1/31/2013
waw... i like sai plan to teach hikaru. he is still kid afterall. well... let see if sai plan had worked on him. i am eager to find out. good job for this chapter then..
kitanalao chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
aww... poor hikaru but honestly i really like hikaru here. he was so energetic and cheerefull person even more cheerefull than the true hikaru in true story. well friday is the last day student goes to school since saturday and sunday are off. which mean hikaru had a free time without worrying about being late for his school right? and good job for this chapter.
kitanalao chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
aww... hikaru was cute here. i could feel it. even though the main idea was similar but this story could be so refresing so i'll put this to my fav list..
saisensei chapter 4 . 12/11/2012
i don't really like when hikaru's mother calling hikaru's grandfather,
thats so rude, i dont ever think there someone who calling her father in law with their name, thats not properly and rude -
mikan-chan21 chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
SUPER ! vivement la suite
fatesmask chapter 15 . 10/24/2012
wow this is really a great story it is a shame you stopped updating there aren't that many good hikaru no go fanfictions
Junesun chapter 15 . 10/1/2012
You wrote in chapter 13:

"Wow, I'm sorry some of you were afraid that I was going to abandon this story. o.o Never fear! I have every intention of seeing this story through to the end, because I already know how I want to conclude this story, and it would be really a shame if I never got to write it…"

Would you please make good on that promise and write more chapters?

I love this story, and so do 600 others who signed up to be notified when you update...

I know you haven't written anything in years, but people would forgive you for that if you wrote something now.
wintersalad chapter 15 . 8/14/2012
...erm, what? I don't understand this chapter at all. No matter how nervous Hikaru is, I really don't think if he managed to beat Touya once, that he'd play so abysmally that Touya'd call the game disgraceful. In the first place, he'd already had his scare with Sai. The meaning of it was how he was playing things safe, having developed enough to see the frightening possibilities of both his own and his opponent's plays. Playing it safe inhibits his growth and more often than not, leads to his own defeat in the game itself. Having already faced this with Sai, it's really not comprehensible that Hikaru would face it again with Touya.

The most relatable thing would be where in the original series, Hikaru got all nervous around the "grizzly" adult during his insei exams, but that's a bit of a stretch. He's facing a kid he barely remembers and already beat, I really don't see where this nervousness come from and how it suddenly became that Hikaru is the one chasing Touya, when he managed to beat Touya once already. Regardless of whether Touya was serious in the beginning of their match or not, for Hikaru to beat Touya at all, that says a lot about his skills. Go is not so short or simple a game that the outcome would be based just on that, and Touya caught on pretty quickly, especially since it was noted to be a close game. Their skills must be evenly matched, with perhaps Touya being slightly better at that point.

There is a huge inconsistency in your story at this point. Hikaru being at the tournament and Go club as well is slightly questionable, though could be plausible, if not for the fact that you have him as third chair and certain comments from Kaga and others inferring that Hikaru is not as strong as them. Like I said in my first review, I also didn't see Hikaru being strong enough to beat Touya, but I also agreed that if you developed your character that way, it could be believed, since it is fanfiction where you've given Hikaru quite enough time to grow. Unfortunately, while it is noted that Hikaru does grow, the previously mentioned contradictions also occurred. So how strong is Hikaru exactly at this point?

I see great potential with this story and hope you clear up all the questions. It'll be sad to see this just running along the original storyline, with Hikaru chasing after Touya, etc. I mean, what was the point of your wonderful beginning and premises for this story then? All that changed would be that Sai is not a ghost and Hikaru is perhaps slightly more mature. I don't mean for Hikaru to win his match against Touya of course, by all means, he should probably lose, but I really don't think it's to the point of anyone needing to chase the other for your characters at this point. Unless, ofcourse, you decide to change the beginning. Or I don't know, you may do something altogether more wonderful than I can think of- just without the inconsistencies.

Phew! Long review:P Just goes to show how much I'm interested in this fic. Good luck! And thanks for sharing!
wintersalad chapter 11 . 8/14/2012
Hrmph. I don't know if you can tell, but I really don't particularly care for Touya Akira.

Anyhow, I didn't mention this earlier, but I loved how Ogata Seiji was the first pro to find Hikaru (other than Sai). I hope to see more interaction between the two. I've always found it sad that he never found that one special person to grow in Go with.
wintersalad chapter 10 . 8/14/2012
Lol. I find it hard to believe Hikaru actually won against Akira, but it's still extremely satisfying to see Akira lose and humbled. It just may be possible with your Hikaru and how Akira underestimated him. It always annoyed me how even though he appeared polite and all, underneath it all he was actually extremely arrogant and prideful. It's very true that you could see what type of person he was from how he gave up a game to Tetsuo.
JackFrost14 chapter 15 . 6/6/2012
love it
LuciaTakume chapter 15 . 4/23/2012
Tetsuo and Kimihiro... They are fighting like married couples... Bwa ha ha ha! I just found that so funny! XD

I hope that Sai and Meijin will have more time to play together this time round... (Please~~~?)
Chrysandra Luna chapter 15 . 3/28/2012
I know you haven't updated this story for a long time, but I do really hope you would come and finish this one day. I'll be waiting because I really like your story alot... :)
528 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »