Reviews for Cowardice
notanalpaca chapter 1 . 1/15
CHILLS. "The world is gray" "...nothing compared to the disgust, loathing and hatred that I hold for myself."
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
I cannot believe you wrote this before Deathly Hallows! This is amazing, you did a wonderful job and Snape's emotions are spot on.
ink and blue jays chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
"I am the gray area. I am the blurred line."

Perfect, perfect, so perfect. I can't describe it. I'm lost for words. Great work.
ElizaJohnson chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
This is PERFECT. You've really captured what Snape was thinking and feeling. Characterisation is absolutely spot-on. Well done!
The Fantasy Spinner chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
I love this story :). I feel like you captured Snape's emotions perfectly here. I have always thought that Snape isn't really that romantic hero that many portray him to be. Throughout his life, many of his actions were selfish and some were cruel, but he changed throughout his life, constantly. This is the best story I've read that expresses that. Thank you!
RoseSnape chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
Oh yes! That was such as I view Snape myself and I feel that you captured him in all of his true essence quite well! Snape is NOT evil! You are so right my dear! Cheers!
melodxes chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Really philosophical. Love it!
Karen chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
This was exceptional. While I felt as if I had a thorough understanding of Severus Snape, this has increased my respect for this man. You did a wonderful job writing this!
fortheloveofgodineedanewone chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I am the gray area. I am the blurred line. With this one act, I have closed the gaping chasm between the two sides, but they will never see what I have truly done. They will see only what they choose to see. They will see an act of evil, an act of hatred, an act of cowardice. And so, they will never see.- and again, applause. I don't think Snape is evil, but I do hate the romantcisation of him, because really, it is disservice to the complex character he is than to imagine him in ways he was not. And that paragraph you have written is the best summation of Snape I have read. Good job.
riverrat chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Great work. I really enjoyed reading this.
Bewitchegal chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
This is so beautiful and I cried while I was reading it. I am sure you captured some of Severus' emotions and thoughts-a beautiful story
phoenix008 chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
OMG i dont think I have read a better Snape one-shot than this one. The words you used to show Snape's thoughts are spot on.

I might even quote you on the way you defined courage, doing what has to be done even when it is the farthest from what you want to do. Snape is the definition of courage. Reading this story brought me to the epilogue in the books where Harry tells his son that Snape was "one of the bravest men" that he knew. truer words could not be said.

For some odd reason, I always wanted to believe that Snape was inherently a good person, even when everyone seemed to believe that he wasn't. Reading the flashback scenes in DH and your story really lets me understand his character more than ever. But even more that, I know that it proves that Snape was a greater man than many, in his own way.
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
That's awesome! This story clearly defines Severus Snape's character and you have written it wonderfully! Don't ever give up writing, you're truly a great writer! :)
Ghibli chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
It shows a great side of Snape! Have u ever so wondered what would have happened if it was LilySnape?
xBBx chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Fantabulous!

Snape is such a complicated figure. He's one of my favourite's simply because what you see is NOT what you get.

Great, great work!