Reviews for Electrum
Extraintrovert chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
"She is not needed.

She is a waste."

Superbly crafted, stunningly emotional, highly involving, excellently structured, and possessing a twist on the standard tale to something near-unrecognizable, yet remaining familiar. The passion alone was enough to make this potent, the back story and the resoundingly ancient views and philosophies they held making it all the more potent. It doesn't hurt either that I've got some of my music playing in the background; listening to Swan Lake as I read this was quite an intense experience.

Nevertheless, there were down points, mostly from the complete lack of resolution, the continuing ambiguity and the, in my opinion, shock at being thrust into this new setting so quickly. But however inconclusive and mysterious it was for my tastes, it never detracted from the story, and I suppose that is the nature of oneshots.

I knew you were an expert manipulator of emotions, but… this is something else.
Mon3lisa chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
Again, you astounded me with your amazing writing abilities. You brought back my old YamixYugi fangirl! -

grr, I wish I knew where you got your beautiful ideas from! I loved the irony of her getting her puberty right when she finds out her brothers have a relationship. Usually, I end up hating the ones who hurt the main character but here I saw how she hated them for making her forgive them for innocently loving each other so much. The use of repitition were perfect too, it's hard (for me, at least D) to repeat important phrases without sounding like an idiot who needs to be told twice.

I love Ancient Civilizations (yes, with capitals xD) and the Egyptians continue to fascinate me. Especially how incest was common, I would've loved to live in such a world! X]
lavalieres chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
Gah. Just... Gah. Absolutely gorgeous. Of course, I could sit and nit-pick about historical inaccuracies, but why bother when the true tone and feeling of the story overwhelms all that?

I love how you depicted Anzu in this. Intelligent, graceful, and beautiful as she is and yet overshadowed as well. Even in the series, her beauty is overshadowed in favor of Yami no Yuugi and Yuugi's partnership. And she watches from the sidelines, always present as she has been. Very well done.

Atemu, the smarmy bastard, is as cunning and intelligent as he should be. His character is also spot on.

It's Yuugi that I'm a little more... unsure about. True, he is smart and playful, but he is also shy, self-conscience and just about the biggest martyr of the series. I love how he is written for the sake of the story, but I have a little bit of a hard time seeing him as cunning as he is portrayed.

Other than that one bit of critique, I must share my love for this fic again. Keep up the good work!
unseenwaters chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
wow good story! :) i luv puzzleshipping but i still feel for anzu!
Chicho1 chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
Amazing! I love your work so much...
origamistarshape chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
ya know, i freakin hate yugioh, i just do, always have, but this was awesome as all get out, you sugarplum, are a master of your craft
Rogue0fVoid chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
excellent fic! I loved it! _
Lechan chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
I LOVE oh so much! I Must say I love the way you had them converse, it flowed so well. And as always the descriptions are marvelous! -

Lotsa love

Lessa

P.S. I'll write y ou a longer review when I have more time... My teacher is giving me a hard time with this paper... *Sigh*
Shiny Pichu-chan chapter 1 . 3/13/2007
Ah, so very sad T_T But beautifully written. You have a wonderful desciptive talent _ Excellent job!
24 | « Prev Page 1 2