Reviews for Remembrance
TexasDreamer01 chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Interesting.

brittney
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 10/10/2007
drabbles are my specialty, though I define them as being exactly 100 words, and I generally write humorous ones. This one is sad, but poignant.
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 6/9/2007
I am finding all these old email alerts that somehow got buried. It’s like digging up buried treasure especially finding something like this. I really liked this drabble. I think this post-Otsu Bakumatsu era is a rather under explored time in Kenshin’s life. He is so caught in between, no longer the cold, ruthless killer, sworn to stop killing eventually but having to go doing it for years. I love the image of Tomoe watching while Kenshin wishes to be able to catch her once again.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
you truly make blood rain.
Night-Mare-Chan chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
This is nice. I really like how you captured the mood and how he catches her out of the corner of his eye. How she waits. And the end... "The rain falls." It paints a very nice picture :)

However, having said that, I would really like to see more to it, more detail and depth. It is, of course, your discretion and it's wonderful either way. _
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
nice
Jelley chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
I like it! It's kinda scary but really good _
Niiicko chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
I like it! Good job. I LOVE the first line. That really grabbed me. *hugs hugs* You rock, dear! .
superlazygirl chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
You've fit so much into just a few words. Beautiful and tragic imagery, very powerful. A perfect image of Kenshin during his days in the Bakumatsu. I love it!
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
Hi, Nekotsuki!

I liked this very much. The imagery was so strong I could easily picture the scene as it played through. The idea that Kenshin felt that Tomoe was watching him after her death is such an affecting one.

I understand all too well how difficult it is to write when the muse refuses to cooperate. I'm sorry I haven't been reading and reviewing as much as I used to, but lately it's been difficult to even read fan fiction, much less respond in an intelligent fashion. Take it easy and don't worry about writing. I'm sure you'll find that when the time is right, the words will just flow for you.

Thanks for an interesting little piece, I really enjoyed it!

Terry
emptyword chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
Oh my goodness. That is beautiful and painful and perfectly reminiscent of the scarred Kenshin from the Bakumatsu. "The ghostly imprint he can forever see..." Gorgeous imagery. I expected no less from your first drabble.
xZig-zagx chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
And it's a wonderful drabble! Muses might be starting to come back little but little! I liked the line where you mentioned he wished he could catch her again - loved it!
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
Great drabble! Truly evocative of the madness Kenshin had to endure during the Bakumatsu. I loved the detail about how he didn't have time to deal with the cut because he was so busy killing.

Best part of all was when he turned to look for Tomoe even though he knew she wasn't there. I just had a conversation with a widow who told me she still calls out for her husband when she comes home sometimes, so Kenshin's longing for the past really rang true. The fact that he wanted to catch her again was utterly heartbreaking. Awesome work! I hope whatever muse popped the first line into your head comes back and inspires you some more, because this was good!
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
So sad. Those four years between Tomoe's death and the end of the war must have been a bleak stretch for our redhead.
Hitokiri-san chapter 1 . 3/14/2007
Aw, beta! The undead Hitokiri-san salutes. Beautiful Kenshin/ Tomoe drabble you have here. Great use of understatement and short sentence structure. You convey emotions through the images, instead of describing them in tedious details.

My favourite line?

"But she only watches. His killing is not yet done. She waits."

This strikes me as extremely dark and beautiful. I'm stuck with an image of Tomoe standing beneath the rain, watching impassively as Kenshin kills.

I'll be back sometime in May. Really, the impending exam is getting me real nervous. See you then, beta.