Reviews for Encounter At Dawn
Russ chapter 35 . 10/2/2019
The story line is well thought out and I enjoyed reading it. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
JOHN0713 chapter 1 . 2/15/2019
I read the whole story and it’s very good.
camp1500 chapter 35 . 2/2/2019
Very good ... I look foward to the sequel.
JOHN0713 chapter 35 . 9/15/2018
I enjoyed it very much..
Robert Cope chapter 35 . 9/6/2018
Thanks for your efforts in writing this apart from a few spelling errors for which I had to sometimes think what you were trying to say. I greatly enjoyed this story.
Goooood chapter 35 . 9/2/2018
Read it.
In 5 hours.
It was good.
bruceleeroythelastdragon chapter 35 . 5/16/2018
Don't know who complained but I thought it was awesome! Can't wait for more!
Hideout Writer chapter 35 . 3/9/2018
Overall, I’d rate this story in the neighborhood of about a 6.5 out of 10, due entirely to contextual spelling errors.

It was like driving fast on a road filled with potholes; a very ruff (or is it rough) ride indeed. And “ruff/rough” confusion wasn’t the only one.

Otherwise, I more or less liked the premise, the plot, and the execution thereof. My biggest piece of advice is to get a beta if you intend to keep writing. They should be able to iron out the contextual errors.

Oh, and for the idiots posting nasty crap about how you’re doing it wrong...well...FRACK THEM!

(but seriously, Wraith vessels with shields? Of everything you did, that one actually spun me around.
KS chapter 35 . 2/12/2018
I JUST found this story - what, 11 years after you posted? Enjoyed it tremendously. Handling all the different personalities, plot twists, battle scenes - this is a great work. Thank you for your efforts!
TKB17 chapter 4 . 8/25/2017
I think the premise is interesting, but I've already got a few major issues with what I'm reading.

First, the cylons and colonials have a near obsessive hate for one another. There would be no talking, not this easy at least.

Second, the SGA functions under UN rules including the Geneva Convention. Torture is absolutely abhorrent to the 'Atlantians', and when something similar happened with Sheppad and the Genii, Atlantis went to war. Again, there would need to be a much longer cool-down period before talks started.

It feels like way too many details are being left out, and that things are progressing much too fast.
OldMasterMage chapter 35 . 5/28/2017
Really enjoyed this story. Only discovered it yesterday. Thank you for posting.
Dayin chapter 35 . 5/23/2017
Wow, you seem to attract some really garbage reviews. I just can't understand the mindset of someone who barges in and argues details of the specs of fictional ships and weaponry, especially when the Stargate series itself is already pretty inconsistent with the capabilities of their technology. (Asgard technology is better than ancient technology, as shown by Asgard upgraded ships destroying wraith ships easily, but Ori ships based on similar principles handily beat the Asgard?)

Just like in Stargate, you write the capabilities of the ships in line with the rules of drama and not against some arbitrary metric for how powerful a fictional ship must be. It's frustrating to see otherwise good writing and pacing reviewed by the comment section from a Death Battle Youtube video. Anyways, good job and I enjoyed this one a lot.
Darth Gumby chapter 28 . 5/12/2017
Even with shields...an O'neill class ship should CRUSH a hive in less than 5 shots. With a ZPM... a BC-304 is basically invincible next to a hive.
Darth Gubby chapter 18 . 5/11/2017
2 things...no way the Asgard named a ship after McKay...he hasn't done anything to deserve it. Also...yes they do have a brig.
EvilTheLast chapter 34 . 7/5/2016
I just found this story a few days ago. It was a good read.