Reviews for Voldie's Book Club
emme-hime chapter 9 . 3/31
I love the story to death, but i got to ask are you danish because in the part about harry getting the book you wrote gratis and as far as i know that is a danish wrote.
i am sorry if i am wrong and just wasting your time, since i am only on my thrid year of english

love emme-hime
Val chapter 9 . 12/14/2014
Among the most beautiful stories here on this one is without doubt the sickest one. And I mean every word. Beautiful as hell (oh Merlin that language!). Sick as heaven (oh Morgana that plot!). Go figure.
Siriusly, we have here a must-read amongst all HPLV fics. Many thanks to the author for indeed the sickest pleasure I've ever had!
insouciantmouse chapter 2 . 11/9/2014
Why is Voldie able to say his 'L's if they knocked his teeth out? The 'L' sound distinctly has me hitting my front teeth with my tongue... But then again, if you took out the 'L's his voice would be incomprehensible.
LeMasque31 chapter 9 . 5/4/2014
Brilliantly written. I had tears in my eyes a couple of times. I personally love that you leave so many things open to interpretation. It made me think about the story long after I had finished reading it.
DeepBlueJoy chapter 1 . 4/29/2014
"I suggest you avoid sodomising your schoolwork, Mr Potter..."

Now, that is absolutely, utterly, brilliantly, *priceless*! You're a seriously insane, seriously great writer. Please let me know where I can purchase your books!

Blue
oregonbird chapter 9 . 3/30/2014
I shall go completely mad if all these wonderful stories are unfinished.
sun chapter 9 . 2/5/2014
it's a rather good story with a very peculiar ending. i am only wondering is the figure of Little Tom whole or still amputated?
Anaelyssa chapter 9 . 1/11/2014
Hmm. I think I need to find a Dumbledore-bashing story to self-medicate after this.

It was a good, well-written story, thank you. Though Voldemort's speech was a little annoying, but then, there was good reason for it.
Gaijinmononoke chapter 9 . 1/9/2014
Okay, just hit send by accident- hopefully there weren't to many glaring typos or ill-advised tangents.

I was just going to say in conclusion that I had completely forgotten about that line from OotP, but when I read it again, I remembered disliking it as vehemently as I LIKED Dumbledore's character overall. Not because I felt it was out of character or anything, but just because I was sad that he couldn't be quite prodigiously wise and compassionate enough to empathize even with the people he has to PROTECT people from- because he's one of the few actors in canon with enough power and in a position that they can AFFORD to... sympathize with the devil, so to speak (though now that you've got me doubting everyone's motives left and right, I suppose he could have been saying that just to intimidate Voldemort- almost a kind of flyting?). And Harry's epiphany (whether completely wrong or not), just resonates beautifully (ha, though how evil of me to think so) the way only one of those "long spear" setups can.

Also- inane question that you in no way have to answer, but- did you learn the word "quidnunc" when you tried looking up "quidditch" in the dictionary? Because I did (both for quidnunc and quiddity), and I was therefore unduly amused to see it pop up in such a memorable fashion in a Harry Potter fic.
Gaijinmononoke chapter 9 . 1/8/2014
Torturing us with our own imaginations! So cruel!

Seriously though, now I have to go back and figure out exactly when Voldemort ASKED for the book Gaslight (which was, incidentally, exactly the word that popped into my head the first time Dumbledore suggested that Harry's nightmares might be fabricated, so- go you! That was some brilliant authoring you did there), just in case there is some kind of hint.

Also, in retrospect (as I see you wrote this a bit before DH came out) what a strange and wonderful coincidence that you should write this "hero-visits-conquered-villan-in prison" story right BEFORE the whole Grindewald situation in canon came to light. That doesn't even rank 10th on the most awesome things I could say about this story, but somehow it changed the tone to something almost oracular for me- and come to think of it, if I were to start mentally retconning with details from book seven...there's nothing to say that Voldemort didn't kill Grindewald in this AU as well.

Not that I'm 100% convinced Dumbledore was the torturer, here. But holy crap, you do pick out the subtlest, most damning lines from CANON to remind Harry that his mentors aren't saints. I'd com
KatzeIason69 chapter 9 . 9/8/2013
wow this story was really great. but it had a very weird ending. really hope there is more to it cause it really needs one.
kater994 chapter 9 . 2/3/2013
This is great! I especially love this Voldie, he can even be so different, even cute and I never thought that it is unlikely for Voldermort to behave the way he was. Everything just seems right.
So was it all one unbelievable, twisted Voldemort's manipulation to get free (and so Dumbldore was not the torturer and was actually right, and for example that night when Voldie got a nightmare he just was checking whether he could make Harry to run to help him or not, or something like that). Or was it real? I want to believe it's the latter, and that not only Harry lohes Voldie, but Voldie at least a little bit "lohes" Harry (and didn't use him for what, 50 weeks?) Or maybe it's a bit of both (is that possible at all?)
Jeez, the ending is just so confusing! (or maybe it's Jeez, I'm so stupid! lol) But it is much better than Voldie's execution, which I dreaded.
I can't be sure about anything in this fic, but I am sure I will re-read. Not once.
P.S. Okeeey, now I want to read those books. And I don't think it'll be easy with my vocabulary...
Polygraphic chapter 9 . 12/18/2012
This was a truly exceptional story. One of the best reads I've had in a long time, fan-fiction or otherwise. Please keep writing, you're wonderful at it.
Hasegawa chapter 9 . 11/1/2012
This is probably the most intriguing story I have read for HP Voldy-I mean, with the list of readings every chapter, I feel like I am back in my politic class and need to read the readings before understanding what my teacher was saying.

Well done, well written and well thought. I imagine this must be somehow a suspense as well? I laughed on some part (like when I found out Malfoy is with Ron out of all people, and Ginny getting preg by a girl? Poor Harry), which makes me feel guilty, but anyway it was really well done.
myst-of-twilyte chapter 9 . 3/19/2012
So Ive spent quite a bit of time just rereading those last few paragraphs trying to figure out what just happened... Im guessing it was your intent to be rather vague about volds actual feelings for harry. im also left wondering how much of everything was an act on his part, how much of the torturing he let through on purpose - how much basically was he manipulating harry in order to get revenge and freedom. Based on that last remark - good people are so much harder to fight than bad people - my mind kinda went batshit crazy with possible implications. good people, is pretty obviously dumbles - but does it refer to his mask of a good person the rest of the world sees or were you implying that dumbles was actually a good guy and everything was a set up by vold. i dont think the latter is the case -where would he have got the deagin potion afterall - but it really sent by head spinning for a bit. And the reason why harry felt so stupid.. was that referring to the title and that he had been tricked by vold who had just told him hed only shagged him to get at dumbles? and then he says hes wasted all that time - what time? the time hed spent visiting azkaban? but i didnt think this was right because he didnt go there to get anything from volds though it might be because he realized it was hopeless to expect him to have changed? or did he mean the time he put into helping him escape? or something else entirely? Im seriously gonna have to reread this. gah your making me use my brain! sorry for the general lack of proper punctuation my shift and apostrophe and various other keys are unreliable - lol im also just lazy.

Anyways i hope you continue how i learned to stop worrying and love lord v, at some point. in now off to check out your other stories..