Reviews for She Likes a Prizefight
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/10
Out of curiosity- and i know this is off-topic- but would you ever consider writing a Damages storyline ? Cause your mentor/mentoree pieces totally rock.
ioanz chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Well, how favourite Mirandy writer here.I didn't know there was a Mirandy story of yours outside of archiveofourown. Could you make us a really big favour and post the other stories here,too ?

Though my favourite one is and always will be Truth and measure (cliched again), i really like more the stories where our dear ladies start a relationship after the movies (though my favourite character is definitely and absolutely Miranda) that's the reason i admire Andrea,the fact that she had the guts to walk away from Miranda giving her the message - I don't to be you/end up being that smile that Miranda gives inside her car - she seems to admire and respect Andy's choice although she disagrees with her perspective."One nod is good, two nods is very good..." and so second smile is actually for Andrea - she is pleased with her,right ?

I totally love the kinda reminds me of Almodovar films.

Though i wish it would be longer (you know the custody issues and such things) :P I cannot get enough... Your Miranda never acts OOC (even when she gets softer) and that's what i like about your you seem to give her exactly the harsh-yet-soft touch that most people has complexity and depth and those fears she has the right to the inner struggle when she is trying to break her walls and communicate/express emotions and feelings.

Thank you for just being out there and for your good keep going !

Excuse my possible mistakes-not a native.
YaoiHellian chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Very detail story plot, couldnt turn away for long. A bit confusing with the time switches but still an amazing story. Loved the article at the end too.
Auhndreya chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
i looooveeeee this.
Jay chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
Wow... just wow. I would never have expected to even come across a fic like this, let alone get so caught up in it. Your take on everything was so fantastic and yet... real. It felt authentic. I had to stop at several points during my first read through, and yes it merited several, to just squee in delight. Thank you so much for writing this. I can't remember the last time I've read something quite this satisfying.
jehc chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Love Andy's last words!
Trudy Rulez chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
I reread your stories regularly. I even read some of the newer stories in ficverses I don't know (the Closer, never saw it in this country on tv) and the Bond stories (I love Dame Dench, but James? Really?). I adore your M but she could and deserves to have a harem!.

I think you're probably the most talented writer in any ficverse. And I've read an awefull lot of fanfiction the last 15 years. The thing that sets your stories apart is your wit in writing plots and writing dialogues. Even not writing dialogues is an artform in you stories. Dialogues others would have written, you skipped and with those white spots you fill your stories with our imagination. I hate/love that. (still think you should have written the dialogue between Miranda and Helena in T&M). Anyway, you write about great women with an overdose of confidence and a biting tongue. Your women talk a language that is smart, funny and sexy.

I think it is amazing that you don't write commercially, I would buy your books. I would also hope that there wouldn't be a James in it, but even that wouldn't stop me from buying that book.

So I thought I should write you a review for a story that is awesome, this one. I also love the Miranda perspective with the Carmen theme, but this one makes Andy a normal smart person, Miranda a normal divinity and the way you write them coming together is so brilliant. I'm quite sure some have copied that scene for their Mirandy stories but none get the tensions that you can create. My guess is that you just know when to stop explaining.

Your cutting dialogues are a joy to read and I hope that you stay inspired by beautiful older women and their younger fe(male)-really?)) lovers.

For me, I'm burning small candles in a church nearby that you might get inspired to write some ficlets in the Mirandy-verse because in that ficverse you are the master and I'm a reading underling.

Happy writing and thank you for sharing.
Aj chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Cute
bored0random chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
well done. thanks for sharing.
spikedpillows chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. I love everything about this fic - you should consider writing more for this fandom! (And yes I've read your other stuff for DWP) :)
Everlasting Dawn of Eternity chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
Ahahaha, beautiful! :)
DarkndAngel9 chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
Hello! I loved this story a lot a lot a lot! I was supposed to write for Camp Nano, but I read the first section and couldn't stop. Camp Nano can wait. But yeah this review will be all over the place because mostly I just copies lines I liked and wrote around that. Haha hope it's still decent and not totally fangirlish.

"I was having a dream about porcupines." LOL! What even Andy? And Miranda leaves it at that too. I don't even.

Ugh! Now I'm crying because Miranda walked out on Andy and Andy's crying then Miranda calls being all La Priestly and djagkldja. No this was not how it was supposed to be at all!

Man these trips between past and present are really screwing up my mind! I'm like ok it's the present now. They are both happy, but then the past shows up and I'm like BE HAPPY GUYS! Nooo! Sigggh. Especially since in the present they are having phone sex while Miranda is at work. (And my God that was hot. Especially since Miranda ended it with "Go to hell" it definitely affected

her. Daaamn)

"A well-fucked shark with a blouse button missing, anyway." Yes. Please.

"I believe the technical term is 'muffdiving,' Andrea." OMG SHE DID NOT JUST SAY THAT! She. Miranda just said muffdiving. I am dead. Yes I am dead.

'In fact, after listening to her beg (Don't stop please oh don't)" DAMN! I am just. Damn. Andy is one lucky girl because wow. Just wow.

"If anyone is rude to you, Andrea," Miranda says, trying to be comforting, "let me know and I will ruin their lives." This time, her smile isn't the happy one, but one of thousands of variations on the scary one." JAKLFJDLSAFSAGSA I love this Miranda so much. OMG She would too. Miranda!

OMG THAT ENDING! THANK GOD FOR THE EPILOGUE BECAUSE OMG YOU CAN'T JUST END IT LIKE THAT! NOT COOL! I mean they are about to face the world (and oh I truly feel sorry for Emily, but sorry Mirandy are meant for each other) and then BAM FIN! I almost had a heart attack then I saw the epilogue. Phew!

I love the interview style of this epilogue. It's fun! LOL She lets her ride in elevators with her. Yup that's gotta be the big thing. But yaaay I loved this story! Thank you for writing it!
Modulus chapter 1 . 1/18/2012
Simply fabulous! Glad I came across this fic. The characterization of Miranda is quite spot on!
Cissa-Lycoris-Black chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Absolutely loved it!
Yunak chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
Wow I don't really read one shots but this is really good I could completely imagine this happening in the movie.