Reviews for The Ninety–nine Percent Rule
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Liked this.
FallenHope-Angel chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Well that was interesting. But I did love Ed he's so sweet in an I'm supposed to be cold blooded way.
imafuckingusername.dealwithit chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Its great. And I am all reviewed-out today, so forgive me if this is half-assed, but I enjoyed it nontheless.

thankyou,
December-the-6th chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Amazing story! It should have more reviews. I would've liked to know the whole deal between White and the Gate though. You had me curious. :)
Varia no Shizue chapter 1 . 3/15/2011
Very nice story, also quite original :)
The Things We All Hold Dear chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
Absolutely loved it! It sticks to the characters so well!
Orange Singer chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
This is absolutely incredible. I am speechless.
mystermix chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
No! This is fantasy, damn it; you can't subject Ed to the horrors of CRUTCHES!

*sigh* Welcome to the club, Ed.

The story was a fun read... it felt like one of the adventures the Elrics always seem to find themselves on. The gate-people felt a little bit too human, though, and the gate world was just a little too mundane. Just my opinion, though.
Estrella85 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Very creative and well written one-shot _
Par chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
I'm surprised that you don't have a hundred more reviews for this story; I absolutely love it. There just aren't enough stories out there that realistically portray the characters as you do here, espcially using one of Ed's missions as a setting point. I also find it intriguing how you show Ed as having doubted the Gate's existence, when everyone else seems to take for granted that it's there and Ed's known all about it since the attempt at bringing his mother back.

I almost wish that you would've included a meeting between Ed and some of the villagers he'd saved, but you've done such a wonderful job with rounding off the story that I think it would've been too much. Keep up the good writing.
Ivellios chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
Awesome oneshot. You did a greatly job in nailing Ed's character and personality.
Asj Johnson chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
You do realize this should have been several chapters long, don't you...? Like, a new chapter every scene, even?

It was like an episode. _

I liked it a lot, even though it seemed such slow reading. (Not that detail is bad, though. I just hate only being able to read an average novel page in two minutes. As far as I know, reading speed can't change... at least, I don't know how I can learn to read any faster.)

Anyhow, when I was seeing that Ed was losing parts of himself during the fight, I started getting a little excited, because it sounded like something interesting might happen. In a way, I wish that Ed's mind had be supressed and he was used as a doll, having to watch everything but not being able to do anything about it... but, the gate thing probably made more sense and it was interesting. I don't really picture the eyes and hands having voices, but I guess it would make sense... even though it makes the gate less mysterious.

Nice story. _
Gyatso15 chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Ah. I love the Ed!abuse! _

Other than that...this was very good. White was...grr. Such a good character, and the way he was creating soulless puppets was interesting. I loved the whole Ed-at-the-Gate scene.

'Al shot Ed a worried look, and Ed barely managed a shaky “Damn it…” before he pushed himself unsteadily to his feet...'

I can so see this. So, SO much like Ed.

'“Is there a doctor here?” Al asked, his voice high from panic. “Please, my brother needs help!”'

This is one of the few stories where I can actually hear Al saying this. Really, really nice!

And the part when Ed woke up in the hospital was great too. I love how you characterize Ed. Terrific!

'“Yo, Edward! How's the invalid? I brought you some new pictures of Elysia to cheer you up!”'

Hahaha. I love Hughes!

Plus, the "ninety-nine percent rule" theme throughout the story was really nice.

Overall, terrific story!
Sapphirepaw chapter 1 . 11/2/2007
I really liked it :)...umm,I don't really have anything consructice to say exept that I enjoyed reading it...hehe *sweatdrop*
Tears of Eternal Darkness chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
phew. it was a bit of a treck but i managed to read all of it in less than an hour! *tumble weed*... yeah... anyway, i really liked the plot and the idea of an alchemist stealing souls and also how it sort of ties in with series (the gate ect.) also, the way you wrote the characters was brilliant and it was really believable! you deserve a cookie or two. *holds out fma cookie jar* take as many as you like!