Reviews for Refuge
SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
That was nice. Good brotherly dialogue and I like Dean really not wanting Sam to warm him up by 'snuggling'! LOL! Liked Sam taking care of his brother though and felt sorry for Dean having everything catch up with him like that while his defenses were down. And the wolf story/analogy at the end was a nice touch - very enjoyable :)
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Oh, I love these community things on fanfic - I see so many great stories like this one that I would otherwise have missed!

The first paragraph did throw me a bit - I expected the story to be told from one of the boys' persepectives the way the story began. But you caught your groove by the time Dean hit the water and you had me at 'cold cold cold'.

This was a great h/c story - showcasing Dean's stubbornness and Sam's intelligence, letting us see Dean's fear of being alone through the sound of the wolf, and giving us a brother moment never before seen on TV.

Nice job. :)
EagleGirl6 chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
That was really fun to read. I liked the dialog throughout - I thought you kept it realistic. And you even made Dean in tears seem right:) Nice job... I'll be on the lookout for more from you!

Thanks for the story,

pandora jazz chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
I liked how you wrote the brothers, keeping them in character. Dean was definitely being Dean, as he took the lead in chasing the Yeti. When he was thrown in the water, his only concern would be getting back to Sam and protecting him.

Sam did a great job of taking care of Dean as he suffered from the hypothermia, even as Dean argued with him. But in the end I liked how Dean decided that he was 'helping' Sam if he listened to his brother.

Wonderful ending as the brothers listened to the wolfs. 'The pack, responding at last, calling for their absent brother. Son. Father.'

Dean remembering he is not alone as Sam is not going anywhere and will always answer his call.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Take care.
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Aw...that was a sweet story, I still think that there's way more to tell here. You've got some angsty issues to deal with, plus you could make the house haunted or give Dean pneumonia from his icy swim. Come on, keep going, is am amazingly well written story but it needs more.

I'll send cookies if you continue :)
stealthyone chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Nothing like a little hypothermia to lead to some nice, brotherly moments. :) Good job on the h/c, and the wolf analogy at the end was well done.

Favorite lines:

“It’s okay,” Sam said in the same tone he would use on a spooked horse or a wailing child. “I got you.” He reached out to steady Dean.

I so love Sam when he’s all soothing. *pets him*

In fact, he talked so much about such inconsequential things that sometimes Sam suspected him of doing nothing more than practicing his English.

*g* Too funny!

The little patches of snow nestled in the lee of rocks and under shady stretches of pines and in the cleft of hills were the only features that stood out with any real clarity. The lake appeared still and glassy, and the treetops surrounding it swayed back and forth, black against a dark gray sky. The wind, which had been had been gusting all day, sounded great and terrible and unstoppable, a huge whoosh that went on and on.

Great description. Makes me feel like I’m right there in the scene.

He remembered Sammy’s chubby soft arms and contented sigh, his complete trust that somehow Dean would save him from everything that was wrong in his world.

Aww, too sweet!
geminigrl11 chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Excellent tale. I really like how you pulled all the elements together - the hunt itself, Dean's condition, Sam's reaction, the emotions it unveils. And this: “He’s not alone, Dean. Trust me on this. He’s not.” Aww, Sam. Trying so hard to make him believe. "Yeah." Aww, Dean. Believing.

Well done!