Reviews for Prelude to a Curse
Acorn chapter 4 . 4/28/2007
Mad props for the Jack the Ripper alliteration. Good story...eerie.
perforated sphere chapter 4 . 3/27/2007
I like how you write the Devil. In so many other things - not necessarily fanfics, but movies, TV, whatever - I've seen the Devil portrayed as classy, for lack of a better word, and who acts like he really sees himself as the "good guy". So having your Devil be really evil is nice. :)
Tis a Tale Worth Telling chapter 4 . 3/27/2007
Admittedly, I have not read Diabo, but I like your writing very much and so I decided to read this anyway.

I'm quite glad that I did. It's wonderfully written, fascinating, and just plain good. The descriptions are so amazing that I'm almost jealous. (Then again, Angry Kids isn't the type of story that warrants such descriptions, so I can't, but still.) So vivid.

That imp... Were you implying Jack the Ripper?

Cheers!
kryscrossed chapter 4 . 3/25/2007
(Man, that was so annoying! Finally let me review! Yay!)

Holy crap, that was Jack the Ripper, wasn't it? Wasn't it? Tell me it was, and I'm not just insane. But, seriously, that was a great chapter. I'd be thouroughly depressed right now, (and as it is, it's still very sad) but I know Jack has hope. I can't wait for the next chapter of Diabo, seriously.

You did such a great job on this, from the symptoms of the poison, to the descriptions of the demon (JACK THE RIPPER! Tell me it was Jack the Ripper.) Seriously, you're such a great writer. Way to be, Stress. Way. To. Be.

With Love,

Rogue
Queen Kez the Wicked chapter 4 . 3/25/2007
Jack the Ripper? Yeah?

Ok, why does the Devil want Kloppy in on this? Wouldn't he only help, in theory? Unless Klopp isn't actually good, in which case I would seriously cry.

Well, I'm so glad we got to see this whole story within a story. Thank you! Now I just need to catch up on Diabo, but that won't be for a few hours.. I need my tea and my couch, after all.

With love,

Lady Sorciere chapter 4 . 3/25/2007
Very nice. Poor Jack. The thing about the souls was interesting; I've never heard anything like it. And the imp . . . nice. I think you should do more shorts, it would be cool to see how the other Daite girls intersct with Jack. But, you're the author, so whatever. Update Diabo soon.

Seize the Day!
ChibiDawn23 chapter 4 . 3/24/2007
Oh, shivers! I loved it! This was a wonderful backgrounder. Good job, stress!
Harmony Remarc chapter 4 . 3/24/2007
Stress, once more you astound me. I haven't had much of a chance to read new fics, but because this was a spin off of one I was already loving, I finally took the time. This is good. Really good. I hope that you do make more shorts regarding The Story.

Your portrayals here were excellent. I'd never really thought about why Jack's mother was dead- or his father in prison. The Devil was written in an eerie manner, and I was shivering as I read it.
Lady Sorciere chapter 3 . 3/22/2007
I like this story. It's interesting, and nice to know what Jack did to get under the curse. Poor Jack. I don't think it's very smart to make a deal with the Devil. But it makes for an intrigueing (did I spell that right?) story. And the chapter titles are cool. Update soon!

Seize the Day!
Queen Kez the Wicked chapter 3 . 3/21/2007
umm thanks. thanks a lot. i thought i was DONE with catching up on stories for the day (i seriously read like 7) but now here's this. and i totally can't like "save" it for another day, either. i gotta KNOW! you are an updating machine. and i love it.

"at least he was still alive." oh, HOW IRONIC. you fox. woo! the devil is hot stuff! he is smokin. clearly.

His answer was nothing more than a whisper; the heavy rain drowned out his small voice. “I know.”

that is simply and purely heartbreaking.

jack.. jack YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO HEAR HIS IMPOSSIBLE TERMS! JACK WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOO

i like how even though i'm in the middle of Diabo, there's still that little part of me that's like "oh! wait! maybe this will end differently!" no.. no, kez, no it won't.

bah.

baah.

i am really looking forward to the conclusion, though i have a hunch that it is going to be equally heartbreaking. great.

with love,

kryscrossed chapter 3 . 3/21/2007
Stress. So much that I like about this chapter! Seriously, it's brilliant. I loved that bit about the rain not touching his suit, except that one drop, that was great. And the Devil forming his fingers into a steeple, I do so love the irony.

And, then there's the last line. A perfect last line, really. I know because I'm horrible with last lines, but you my dear, are a genius with them. I'm so much more excited about not only the next chapter of this fic, but about Diabo itself. :-) I can't wait to read more, and as I type this, I'm literally on the edge of my seat. I think I'm going to move back now, though, because it's actually a tad painful, and my rear is going numb.

Update soon!

~Rogue
kryscrossed chapter 2 . 3/18/2007
Um, I just want to say that I totally reviewed this last night when you first posted it. Stupid ff dot net. (Won't let me write that any other way)

Anyways, I adored this chapter just like I adore everything you write. Love the pensiveness, and that little bit about Kloppman, the Jacobs (and ocassionally Race.) Very nicely done! I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Love,

Rogue
Queen Kez the Wicked chapter 2 . 3/18/2007
oh, jack, jack, jack, jack, jaack. you are a mess. and i love you. diabo day tomorrow, right? haha. well, like i said before, this was a really good idea, and it's good stuff. :) i'm really intrigued about the next chapter, the confrontation, of course, but also as to what will make up the last chapter.. will you include Kloppy's whole thing? i know it was referenced in Diabo.. hmm..

perforated sphere chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
I would just like to say that I think the title of this story is one of the most fantastic things ever.
Saranne chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
This is cool. I was wondering if there were extra details regarding his death. Love the original story, by the way. Can't wait to see more!