Reviews for A Leaf Amidst the Sand
Shadow Owner chapter 18 . 12/13/2013
Hey,

I know this was written a while back, but thought I ought to leave a review, regardless. Thanks for seeing this fic through to the end!

The pace was just right, with proper progression. Some stuff that bothered me were: (i) rationale behind the party seeing Shikamaru off since it didn't seem to fulfill any particular purpose plot-wise besides being amusing; (ii) the strange manner of Asuma's being addressed as 'Asuma-san' rather than 'sensei' by Team Ten, and Asuma's appearances which seemed a little like he was distant from his team; (iii) the missing nin right at the beginning when Shikamaru entered Suna - he struck me as weak and it was strange that within Suna no one would swiftly aid or be alerted to a fight in the first place; (iv) the carelessness of the exchange at the Kazekage Tower - given the pair's cautious and private nature, this seemed out of character, all else considered; (v) the arrangement at the end since arguably Konoha stands to lose out for the initial reasons listed, though of course this is relative to Suna's gain.

Still, don't get me wrong; I can hardly protest since I'm all in favour of arrangements involving Shikamaru and Temari which work out. Nice work with this! :)

Shadow
Syren chapter 6 . 6/26/2013
Ha! I LOVE THIS! Really, i don't know what it is but ShikaTema fics that get me every time! Mostly it has to do with the way two people who originally didn't like each other suddenly trip over themselves as they fall for each other! I think its hilarious! You people make me want to come up with fics of my own! Make more!

Lots of love,
Syren
xoxoxoxoxox
Ka-tay's mind chapter 18 . 1/17/2013
Aww.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 17 . 1/17/2013
So...Shika belongs to Suna?
Ka-tay's mind chapter 16 . 1/17/2013
Let me guess, Temari goes to Konoha for the exchange.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 15 . 1/17/2013
Interesting indeed.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 14 . 1/17/2013
Poor Shika, hope he recovers soon enough.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 13 . 1/17/2013
notgoodnotgoodnotgood. RUN SHIKA, RUNNNNN!
Ka-tay's mind chapter 12 . 1/17/2013
Awwww that's so cuteee.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 11 . 1/17/2013
Shikamaru's in for it, alright.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 10 . 1/17/2013
And the tension breaks.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 9 . 1/17/2013
Weeeeeeee
Ka-tay's mind chapter 8 . 1/17/2013
Document delivery, wow, dangerous. She could be ambushed by enemy ninja! :P
Ka-tay's mind chapter 7 . 1/17/2013
I really have nothing much to say then just leaving a review.
Ka-tay's mind chapter 6 . 1/17/2013
Shikamaru's a dead man if Gaara and Kankuro find out.