Reviews for A Moment of Weakness
Taryn Streambattle chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Wonderful insight into his character! I'm glad you noticed that- People tend to forget Faramir is well-read and well versed in Elvish. But i blame the movies for that. :)
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/3/2010
A great story. Very well written.
Larner chapter 1 . 3/20/2007
Good reasoning here. I think he might have had some small realization that spiders must have some part to play with the naming of the place.
Flynne chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
Yay, Faramir! Poor guy's reputation was tarnished so badly by the movie, even if the movie as a whole was actually really good. :P "Unusually large spiders"...*snerk* :D I liked the nod to "The Hobbit", mentioning the elves and spiders (at least, that's where I think you were going)...and I think your reasoning is sound that Faramir might have a loose grasp of Sindarin.
LOTRlover1066 chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
Very good. You were right, Tolkien did kind of leave this thought process up to our imagination. Keep at it. I'm enjoying these new stories, but am still waiting for an update on the other story.
bean chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
I really liked this a lot! It does seem like Faramir must have struggled over his decision and this showed it wonderfully! Very good job! I love Faramir. :) Now, in your profile you never mentioned what you believe or if you believe anything about what will happen to you after you die and such things as that, and I'm concerned. Do you know what will happen to you? Being a good person won't get you to heaven unfortunately. The Bible tells us "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." I'll tell you right now that I've sinned, and so has everyone in the world. The Bible says "For the wages of sin is death..." Our sin keeps us from heaven. But that's not the end of the verse. It goes on "...but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." God will forgive your sins and take you to heaven when you die if you'll just turn to Him! Jesus, God's perfect Son, came down to earth and died on the cross. He was dying so that anyone could have their sins forgiven and go to heaven if they would turn to him. Three days after his death Jesus rose from the grave and returned to heaven. You can go to heaven when you die if you believe that Jesus is God's perfect Son who died for you, realize you've sinned and ask Him to forgive you, and ask Jesus to save you and take you to heaven when you die. If you do these things and mean it Jesus will come into your life and never leave you! It's an amazing feeling and this is the most important decision you'll ever make, so please consider this! God bless!
BM originally chapter 1 . 3/16/2007
You've an excellent job with penning Faramir's thoughts! It seems that you have a solid grasp of Faramir's character and have fleshed him out, made him real. Thanks for sharing this!
Deandra chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Likely I need to go read the passage as Tolkien wrote it, but this version makes perfect sense to me - his speculating on what the terror of Cirith Ungol might be.

Nice introspective piece - don't we all, at one time or another, wonder about the ramifications of some of our actions. And Faramir had even greater reason to do - the fate of the world hinged on his being right.

Well done!