Reviews for The Power He Knows Not
Ink in Hand chapter 1 . 12/16/2016
Ha, ha! I found this again! And you! This was one of my favorite vanquished Voldemort HP fanfics I've ever read. (along with your veela story but I'll comment there once I've re-read it) It certainly made me reconsider the standard approach to the whole "good vs evil" conflict archetypes back when I first read it. Thank you. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
Very unique and clever. I love it!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2015
A very interesting idea and story.

I also agree with his view of Dumbledore. It seems like Dumbledore did (almost) his best to make sure that Harry's childhood as bad as Riddle's, yet for some reason expected or hoped for a different result. The "almost" because Harry was placed with his relatives, whether it was better or worse than an orphanage is the question. We can hope that an orphanage in 1981 was better than the one Riddle grew up, I certainly hope that they don't place the children in cupboards. And who knows whether the bullying would have been worse than Dudley's gang.

Regarding Snape and Draco, in the books they don't really show their Slytherin side. The most cunning Draco says is "When my father hears this", and the greatest ambition of Crabbe and Goyle is to speak two sentences in a row.

When Draco first met Harry at the clothes shop, he could have at least been polite to the boy who later turned out to be Harry. Even if he considers purebloods better it is not cunning to insult people. There may come a time when he would like their help and they may reject because of his childish behavior.
So imagine a polite (not even necessarily friendly) first meeting in the clothes shop. Then in the train Draco doesn't insult Ron (wrong people, Weasleys are poor) but treats him at least neutral. Ron on the other hand insults Draco (slimy snake). Harry would likely have ended up in Slytherin and maybe a friend of Draco.

As for Snape, he knew at least the first part of the prophecy. Either he believes that Voldemort will win, in that case he shouldn't work for Dumbledore. If he believes that Voldemort will loose, then he knows that Harry is prophesied to be the one to vanquish him, so it would just make sense to get on his good side. Snape is good enough at Occlumency to keep his emotions under control near Voldemort, he should manage the same near Harry. To behave the way he does is not cunning, it is stupid.

So if these Slytherins had any of their supposed cunning, Harry would probably have ended in Slytherin with Snape as a mentor and Dumbledore with a coronary.

Also, Harry was supposed to have enough cunning to go to Slytherin, but after being sorted into Gryffindore it seems all this cunning left him.
Saint Snape chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Unique premise of getting rid of Voldermort. Since I've never been a huge fan of Dumbledore I could see how Harry would abandon him. I never felt like he was much of a mentor anyway or the really cared about Harry. He gave lip service to the idea of love but I don't think he ever really knew what it was. I love the idea of Severus being his mentor. As a Slytherin he would seek out someone who could further his career and challenge him. And I think Harry would do that if only to challenge his sanity and patience. :)
kase519 chapter 1 . 9/25/2014
Nice...good premise...good execution
SpiderRealm chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Loved it!
I loved how Harry defeated Voldemort, very unique and original! If someone did take on this story, can you tell me too? I would love to read it as well! :D
Alie-yaoi chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
I like
sarahsezlove chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
I really like your unusual take on Harry's understanding of his similarities to poor ol' Tom.

The pen is indeed mightier than the sword.
StarDuchess chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
Cute little piece. Love the letter Harry wrote. I, too, felt that forgiveness could have been better handled in the storyline-forgiveness fueled by love is an incredible force-but JKR completely skipped over that.

There was another fanfic that zeroed in on the phrase "blood of the enemy forcibly taken" and how Harry regretted not willingly giving his blood as sacrifice, because if he had done so, then the ritual would not have succeeded. I like your second and alternate interpretation of that phrase, that if he wasn't the enemy anymore, the magic wouldn't hold. Nice job.

(P.S. on a grammar note: "sighing gustily" makes no sense to me and I shake my head and laugh every time I read it. Drop the adverb and just say "sighing" from now on, please.)
adafrog chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
Very good, thanks.
Sakihinata chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
Snape really stays Slytherin through everything.
And nobody would have him any other way ;)
Snarry4life chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
Awww I want more !
devoted2know chapter 1 . 11/15/2013
That. Was. Awesome! I hope you will update here if someone takes up your offer to write the sequel (or if you one day decide to do it after all). If I thought I had any writing talent I would take it up myself, because with the start you've given, it sounds like the journey could be phenomenal.
d1x1lady chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Really interesting story! So well done.
TheLeochGroupReunited chapter 1 . 8/8/2013