Reviews for In the Shadows I Wait
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 1 . 12/20/2013
I adore this story; I love the idea of the sword wanting to belong to Estel and this story is now part of my head!canon along with the idea that Aragorn treasures it the rest of his life and eventually gifts it to Eldarion.
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
I love Elrond's "they are welcome to try" comment... I just love that swords personality, too, and how damned possessive it is! There isn't a single fangirl more certain of her right to Aragorn's hand than that sword!
alexiana75 chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
absolutely amazing! No wonder it received an award! Thank you for a wonderfull time!
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 3/16/2010
Neat story! I loved the symmetry of Elros' sword coming to Estel.
Rowana Renee chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
Lol, all of your little Argo stories are great! This one was SO funny!

"Spill your enemies' guts onto the floor!" AHAHHA! That was the best part! ?
Emily chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
Awesome! : )
baby green eyes chapter 1 . 3/30/2009
Fantastic, lovely, sweet, touching, brave, beautiful, cute to the extreme. Awesome read. You put many wonderful factors into one story.

I love the perspective, how loving and loyal the sword is to its rightful owner. I love the relationship that Estel has with his family. I love his adolescence, his innocence, his reality. The humor, the courage, the familial love, the pride of his first sword, the history and Elros.

BGE ;)
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
Unusual. When you said 'fariytale' i worried but this is definitely not what i expected, thankfully. I cant quite remember (its been awhile since i read silmarillion) but didnt Tolkien have Turin's sword seemingly have a personality? I liked how the sword seemed to sing and call for him and call him 'mine'. Something about that is too funny. Plus how it wouldnt let others hold it or place it back on the wall. Also this bit:The sword wanted him. Do not look at me like that! You did not have it nearly take your head off, when I simply wanted to hang it back on the wall!""

is funny, i can just imagine Glorfindel's face. Again good work on interaction and the characters, and tying Elros in even if Estel is unaware of the significance of that just yet :P
Neko-Cat-Sama chapter 1 . 4/18/2007
Aw I have never read such a story about a sword and it's master. That was good and dare I say it, cute.
Drylith chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Absolutely wonderful! Nice slant, a sentient sword. Almost puts me in mind of some of Mercedes Lackey's stories. Hope you have more in a similar vein.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
A deserving winner,this is moving and beautifully written. I like the characterisation of both Estel and the sword. You should try this at HASA.
Thorongirl chapter 1 . 3/25/2007
What an incredibly wonderful story and about as unique as one could ask for. I was enthralled from beginning to end and it did indeed come across as some classic fairytale of old. I loved the tie-in with Elros and the bit of whimsy there at the end with Glorfindel and Erestor. Absolutely brilliant writing, as we have all come to expect from you.
Princess Nat chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
Very nice. Wow, that sword sure was determined, and I'm glad it was. We don't usually get to learn much about Elros, and it's fascinating to learn what he was like-one who chose to be Mortal. Thanks for sharing! :-)
Alma's Muse chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Brillant. Absolutely, positively brillant.

Alma's Muse
Lamiel chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
This is a delightful story, and very original in voice and perspective. I enjoy seeing the cast of Imladris come together to deal with this rather mundane, and yet very important, task: choosing a boy's First Sword. All of their characters come through beautifully, particularly Elrond and Estel's, and I laughed out loud at Glorfindel's line about the Balrog killing him before politesse did. Very nicely done.