Reviews for Running with wolves
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
Not bad. I can definitely see a few advantages to being a wolf in a largely untamed country. Not really enough for me to stay that way permanently, but Link? A loner with no familial and a few weak social ties? I can easily see him staying like that.
C W Sherman chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
This is pretty great, and spawned of a rather interesting thought process. Really enjoyed reading this, although one idea with Link here throws me off: he states that animals don't need names, and he seems to have trouble with Ilia's name, but then with Epona's name he has no trouble whatsoever, in fact that's how he identifies 'the horse' the whole time.
Mask chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
English isn't your first language!? Wow just wow, very well done I loved this story and found myself playing as wolf Link far to often and only really changing back when I had to or wanted to interact with charters :] when roaming around and I found the shadow things (completely forgot what they are called :/) I always fought them in wolf form and I find it relaxing just messing around in Hyrule as a wolf :D
Queen Victorius chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
I thought that this was a good story, to signify Link's fight between being able to be a wolf and human. I suppose that you would feel out of place when you can turn into a beast. Anyway, good story.
Byeke chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
This fanfic is one of the few gems that I've found in LOZ fanfiction.
I rarely read one-shots, but the writing was spectacular and the idea of Link basically being addicted to being a wolf was interesting!
pikachucat chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
SamuraiSal1 chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Very good story! I loved the characterization, and the moment is fully charged with energy and passion-everything that a good story needs.
You Can Call Me Nora chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
That was so sad!

I never thought Link would willingly stay in his wolf form for that long, but you really bring out the whole 'bonding with animals' thing and his cowboy/rancher through this.

You're also really awesome as getting his wolf instincts down. Bravo!

Captiosus chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
Has great potential to become a fully fledged story. I like it alot.

And if you need help beating the game, ive already crushed it 5 times, and know EVERY secret
NinjaFoodLover chapter 1 . 2/9/2009
Wow. That was amazing. I never thought of the game that way. I have the game but it broke on me about 3 months ago. But seriously that was some expert writing. I give it 3 thumbs up. Not that my opinion matters anyway.
CerberAsta chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
This was definitely an interesting lil one-shot. Now, I'll admit, the paragraphs about the mind and form fit, they just didn't... work. It was of the appropriate theme, but they almost felt tacked on.

Other than that, it was great.
Kishoto chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
Awesome, well written oneshot! You're going places!
The Old Red One chapter 1 . 5/11/2007
"There and NOT back again".

Interesting question: What comes first, what comes last, what will prevail what will remain? Beast or man?

Being at times one or the other, one has to have a reason to stop thinking and to start just biting blindly and there should be reasoning why not to change back again.

Though your story is slick and lean like a running wolf, gripping like his teeth when biting, I miss the telling why.

It almost seems as if the mere power to be able to kill - which with wolves is normally nothing bad - becomes an evil and uncontrollable force when acted by the former human who turned wolf, even having done this for a good cause.

So what is it you are trying to say: “Thou shouldst not kill” (even for a good cause). Or is it:

Eventually man turns beast anyway, neither will feel love himself or shall be freed by the love of another human beeing?

I will sharpen my sword and keep staying on my toes while watching for these wolves and more story telling of yours.
Super Hyper Mario 128 III chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Wow... Just wow... This is a great one-shot! How DARE it only get five reviews! Oh well, now it'll have six.

At any rate, this fic is awesome. Personally, I think Link would rather stay a Hylian rather than a wolf and he wouldn't really have any choice anyway (in the SPOILERS! Final battle, Minda isn't with you and you can't change into a wolf... Put two and two together END SPOILERS!). Reguardless, this is still an excellent "What if?" kind of story.

You also managed to do what I previously thought was impossible: you gave Link a personality. Since our green-clad (um... Fur-covered?) hero never talks, I always imagined that finding a personality that fit him would be very hard. After all, the only personality he was ever given was... shutter... the one in the cartoons ("Well, excuse me, Princess!"), and no one in their right mind would ever want to use THAT one. You, however, crafted an incredible persona for our legendary hero, especially one who was struggling with primal instincts.

Which brings me to my next point: While I am most certianly NOT a furry (I'd perfer my significant other to be human, thank you very much), I still find the concept of anthros most fasinating. If you haven't noticed in my fanfic (the "self-insert" one), I constantly address the oddities of such creatures. Some of these are more for comedic purposes ("Lizards don't have boobs!"... PUNCH!), but others are more serious. You happen to bring up one that I was already thinking about: Would an anthro have more human traits, or more animal ones? Whould a person who turned into a furry slowly lose his human persona until he was a complete animal? Once he reaches that point, could he even be considered human at all?

Yes, these are the things that keep me up at night.

Anyway, this is a great story that deserves WAY more than five measly reviews. It needs, like, a hundred or something. Maybe, just maybe, since I'll DEFINATELY be putting this one on my favorites list, it will get a little more publicity and the respect it deserves! Great job, and here's hopin'!

P.S. English isn't your first language? You coulda fooled me! This is written better than some stories that are by people who have English as their FIRST language!
Chibi Tsuki chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
I was wondering something of the sort too when I was playing it. Except I was thinking what the characters would think of Link if they knew that the 'monster' was actually their friend. Overall I really enjoyed the fic, very interesting and beautifully described.