Reviews for To Market, To Market
Twinchy chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
Very interesting story, vividly told and full of thrill and humour.

I liked your characterization as it was true to the show and highly appreciated the friendship you portrayed so well.

Nice touch to have the Procurers not punished because there was no jurisdiction they fell under, especially since the Lanteans have problems with accepting that, for the obvious reason.

Great read and funny banter!
Haleykim chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
This was a great read! Well-written, whumpy and lovely banter and friendship between Rodney and Sheppard. Loved it!

X Tristen
Sholio chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
Oh, that was really neat! I really loved the descriptions of everyday life on "Mall World" and the idea of Atlantis and the Athosians having a trading booth there; I hope that you revisit this location in the future! And, of course, lovely whumping and friendship. Brave Rodney, standing up to torture and not wanting to leave Sheppard. *happy sigh*
LilRicki chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
I really enjoyed that, just like I enjoyed the first story. The Procurers are great bad guys! But honestly, I expected them to self-destruc at the end, or something. Oh well, I guess that just means that they're still out there, and you'll have to write another story (or stories) about them in the future . . .

:-) Thanks for the great read!

- LilRicki
Titan5 chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Awesome! Love the McKay/Sheppard banter, loved Rodney tormenting John with his candy, loved Rodney knocking John's wheelchair over. Loved John doing tricks in his wheelchair (talk about "in character"). The shakes are a bit gross sounding and having to live off that stuff would suck big time - literally.
Jedi40 chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Boy you sure gave Rodney and John at of whumping this time ga. I love it!
memyselfandi89 chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
You broke Sheppard's jaw? Oh wow you are a cruel one. I mean have you ever been on a mash diet yourself? Gets old really quick and I was only on it for a couple of days! Woulda been worse for McKay though. Okay I have decided that the Procurers are really really awesome bad guys! Loved it when Ronon was moping about not being able to shoot something. Poor him, he didn't get to play with his precious big gun. That was an awesome story! Lotsa fun (not from their perspective), angst and (best of all) whumping!
Frisco chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
What a great story! You voiced the characters very well. I enjoyed it.
kittytrypsin chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
I suspected we hadn't heard the last from those Proculators the way the previous story ended with John's ominous thoughts, and this was great - lots of lovely whump and of course the snark-fest that is Shep and McKay. I hope you appreciate that it's now 3am and I just had to finish this but thanks for a great read.

Silverthreads chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
This was fun. :)
Linnzi chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Another great story with lots of owies in it! Just what I like. I felt Sheppard's pain, and loved his dialogue when he was being interrogated! I loved the end scene, and could picture Sheppard in his wheelchair causing mayhem! Thanks for sharing! I look forward to more from you!
Jules47 chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
I enjoyed reading the story very much. Loved all the Shep and Mckay banter and of course the lovely h/c.
Tipper chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Oh, this was tense and wonderful! I hate torture normally (weak constitution, what can I say?) but I loved the market and all the cleverness of the team (all of them, including Caldwell) as they worked to get our boys back. And McKay's, I love the guy. I sincerely do. Isaac Asimov!

Great, fun story!
krysalys chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Oh... BARF!

A high school friend of mine had his jaw broken and wired to correct a major underbite. My best friend and I made this delicious ginger orange chicken stir-fry, and we stuck some of it in a blender for metal-mouth. Heh. He said it was actually pretty tasty, but could we please strain it next time? Since there was all kinds of pulp and strings and stuff...

O, bruised kidneys. Bet Rodney's been cursing a blue streak every time he pees, poor man. I forget how many days it takes before there's no more blood in the urine.

I wonder if Elizabeth's gonna pass along to Ladon how he's been dealing with Wraith-worshippers, and that there's Procurers in his people's midst even now.

Or maybe Ladon already knows this?

Eagerly looking forward to seeing what else in the Procurer universe you come up with, hon.

tracy chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Great job. You have the character's voices down perfectly, and the story flowed well. I look forward to your next one!