Reviews for Finding Her Way Home
jman975 chapter 70 . 4/29
did it have to end :(
wullywart chapter 70 . 9/16/2012
Oh my goodness! This was so good! I'm sad its over... You are very talented!
Guest chapter 70 . 7/2/2012
I really liked this. Faith/Dawn was strange, but it kinda worked. Half expected Faith/Tara, but -shrugs-.

Any sequels to this?
MMWillow13 chapter 70 . 4/13/2011
wish you had a sequel! EXCELLENT COUNCIL BASHING!
TheRedPoet chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
It's a good story so far. The problems are that you don't separate the different PoV's and some other layout troubles.

Plus, the lesbian quota seems to be getting a bit out of control. It's about 10%, unless the gay bomb has finally been fixed
Kasanra chapter 34 . 9/20/2010
I LOVE all this feral/alpha stuff
bitten2 chapter 70 . 7/3/2010
really good story! is there gonna be a sequel?
daysofinspiration chapter 40 . 4/25/2010
This is kind of for the last two chapters, because the scenes spanned over both of them.

Wow. Faith retelling her past was well written. You could just see the anger, fear, and self-loathing rolling off of her. I’m trying to elaborate, but you’ve kind of left me speechless. It wasn’t just a sob story, it was filled with emotion. You stayed very true to Faith’s character in my opinion. Brava.

Willow and Buffy are taking metal trips to Never Never land? Jeez, they are so off their game. I thought the good night’s sleep was supposed to help them figure things out. But then again, slayer dreams probably account for not so good night sleeps.

I’m really enjoying Anya. Her comical lines dropped in the drama keep it from becoming depressing. She was so great, I miss her. You better not kill her.

Also, Willow should know not to read ancient runes out loud. Silly, silly witch.

daysofinspiration chapter 34 . 4/19/2010
So, why did Dawn pass out exactly? Was it because she was somehow denying the bond between her and Faith by kissing Kennedy? I think I kind of missed that part.

And again, Kennedy’s coming onto someone leads to the slayers coming out to play. I’m not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Poor girl. And where were Jennifer and Kirstan during this whole exchange? I’m expecting them to have some sort of comment on how Buffy and Faith don’t seem to have any control when the slayers decide to get nasty.

The pack idea was a really creative way to explain it. I never would have thought of it like that, but it is a really good analogy. Buffy being the leader isn’t just who she is, it’s a part of her and her slayer. And again, the descriptions you provided were detailed enough to give the information the reader needs, but not too lengthy that it become boring. The way you wrote the interaction between the two slayers, the dominance and submissive verbal AND body language, was amazing. Especially the body language, that was really cool. “Faith flinched, arms wrapping around herself. Buffy thought fleetingly that Faith looked like a puppy expecting to be kicked. She was curled in on herself, accepting of the blow, but protecting vital organs.” You said so much about Faith with just a few lines. Well done.

I sympathize with Faith. She’s been treated like something lower than what she is her whole life, so it’s hard to see that Dawn is who she should be with. It makes complete sense with her character to think that Dawn deserves someone better. Buffy and her Slayer kind of forcing the issue was a little mean. I mean, yes, Faith just needs to open her eyes, but having some ancient magic creature tell her to either mate or die? Kinda harsh. But hopefully the point was made and Faith will stop doubting hersef.

And its interesting you made Faith younger than Buffy. I usually go by the Go Ask Malice storyline, which suggests Faith is actually a month older than Buffy. (I don’t think it’s completely considered cannon, but the show never gave enough detail about Faith’s past in my opinion.) Though, I see why you did it; to further prove that Buffy is the leader. Buffy is older, has been slaying longer, and has been the leader longer; which makes it harder to Faith to try to fill in as leader when Buffy and Willow are off in the Cabin ‘o Love.

Also, I’m wondering if Willow is the only one going though a magical growth spurt. Seriously, Dawnie was showing off some pretty advanced sister’s-ass-kicking skills. I think she may need a few lessons from Tara on keeping an inner calm and lessons from Willow on control.

Bubbles ]

Sorry that was so long, I tend to get carried away when reviewing. And this is an already finished story. Imagine how long and rant-filled it would be if this was a story you were still working on.
daysofinspiration chapter 27 . 4/17/2010
I’m embarrassed to say how long it took for me to realize that was a dream.

But once I figured it out, it made sense. It was cryptic and jumped topics, just like a Slayer dream would, but it wasn't too hard to follow. Now to figure out what it all means!

daysofinspiration chapter 22 . 4/16/2010
So, we get to meet the Green-Eyed Buffy. Only in this case the jealousy is yellow-eyed. I must say, initially that threw me off. But when I thought about it, it does make sense. This isn’t just some girl flirting with Angel, this is primeval slayer power we’re dealing with; of course Buffy is going to be territorial about the woman she’s bonded with.

Poor Kennedy. I do feel bad though, she didn’t know Willow wasn’t single. And I’m glad you incorporated her and the other Potentials (I’m guessing they’re going to have a larger part later on). I know Kennedy was disliked because she was seen as the replacement for Tara, but I didn’t mind her. Though, if Will was going to fall for that type of character, why not just pair her with Faith? p

Anyway, I liked the jealous Slayer scene. It was a little sudden, the glowing eyes and all, but I’m guessing we’ll see more and get more of an explanation as to the whats and hows.

*sigh* Poor Giles. He comes with answers, but it seems our couple is too impatient to let him rest a bit before haggling him about a) what’s going on with the prophecy/The First and b) the bonding thing and why he didn’t know about it/tell them.

Just as a side note, I think you’ve written Faith really well so far. A lot of authors tend to over-do her speech patterns or the way she uses nicknames; it gets annoying really fast when every other word of hers is slang. Thank you for not killing my brain. D

Auqa Bubbles
daysofinspiration chapter 18 . 4/14/2010
No power, flashing lights, sparking electronics, visions of Joyce…is it The First? I think its The First. Which is, you know, lovely. On top of Willow’s magical growth spurt they now have to deal with The First. Does the prophecy have to deal with said First Evil? I thinketh is does.

And I’m assuming you altered the Angel storyline just a tad to get Faith here. Which is fine, I never really liked Evil Cordelia anyway. I did like hearing from her earlier in the story. Will we get to see more of the AI gang? Fred and Wesley and Gunn? Please? - Oh. Buffy and Willow. Angel. That won’t be good. They’ll have to tell him. Okay, maybe not seeing the AI gang then.

Is Faith flirting with Dawnie? I think she is. Interesting choice of sub-pairing. I’m excited about the Buffy/Willow, but if this is a sub-pairing, I’m intrigued to see how it all plays out. (Can Buffy not punch Faith when she finds out though?)

I also really liked the interaction between Tara and Dawn. You could tell on the show that Dawn always looked up to Tara, and I think that came out really well in this chapter. Not only with Dawn babbles about how happy she is to see Tara, but also trusting her with the magic. We never really saw Dawn dip into the magics on the show, but you made it believable that she would have done some meditation and simple spells with Tara. You can tell Dawn’s still learning, but I bet Tara makes for a great teacher.

And while Tara, Faith and Dawn are having the crap scared out of them, Willow and Buffy relaxing in the guest house. How fair is that? Though I do think you wrote that scene really well. It was relaxed but emotional; you conveyed really well how much they care for each other. Very good job.
daysofinspiration chapter 12 . 4/12/2010
You said Willow is the oldest of the triplets, who comes next, Drew or Dorian? Just curious.

So, Giles is on his way back, which would explain why he can’t be reached. But why is his number disconnected? Is foul play involved? I’m hoping he gets to Sunnydale soon, because I’d really like them all to sit down and figure out what’s going on. We’ve got two sets of information and they need to get their facts together. Because prophecy, uncontrolled magic, big bad...the list very well could go on. And end badly.

And as for Willow losing control when Buffy showed up, totally called that. Let’s hope Willow or Jennifer can stop Willow’s attack before the Slayer gets slayed.

daysofinspiration chapter 6 . 4/10/2010
“Part of a very ancient prophecy.” One of the few phrases in the Slayer life that can never be good. I’d like to think that it is a good prophecy and that only good things will happen to Willow...but that won’t be the case will it?

The way you described the whole training session was done really well. A lot of authors don’t spend a lot of time on conveying their idea of the magic their character is using, but I think you did a great job. The metaphor of her magic being like water overflowing a dam made it easier to picture exactly how Willow was trying to gain control. Its not just some ‘thing’ she uses, but it’s connected and apart of her.

Great job on this chapter,

Bubbles
daysofinspiration chapter 2 . 4/8/2010
Your idea of continuing the original author’s chapter is such a great idea. They started quite a few things you’ll have to expand on, but seeing as how I’m only on chapter 2 of 70 (!) I’m sure you did a fantastic job.

I really like the direction you’ve taken Willow’s magic addiction; tying it to her emotions. It actually explains really well what happened on the show, but still allows you to play with it. And on that note, I’m guessing that when Willow sees Buffy next, some sort of emotional-related magic is going to be set loose.

Aqua Bubbles