Reviews for She's In Black
WITHERED chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
Haha. Love Jack~ Can't wait for more.
Fairy Friend chapter 1 . 4/23/2007
Nice job! I really got a nice feel for the characters. Jack's that kind of guy you love to hate, and those kinds of characters make the most interesting stories. I'm really interested to see whether or not Mary's going to fall for him. I loved Mary's thoughts too... it's like the other side of her that nobody would ever think about. I'm looking forward to an update!
The Scarlet Sky chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
OMG! I love Gray, haha. I always enjoy reading a jerk-rendition of Jack, too. They're so rare. It looked like you had fun writing this. Well, I had fun reading it! Good work! :)
StarrNight chapter 1 . 3/30/2007
0_0 Jack's so pushy and awful. Now, see, Jary is one of my favorite pairings ever. I absolutely despise Grary. But maybe you can persuade me otherwise.

You're doing a good job of keeping the characters intact while adding your own twist to them. Good job. Yay.
kelley28 chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
I agree with one of the other posters. It's nice to see a jerk Jack fic. He doesn't always have to be nice. I'm rooting for Gray in this one.
neko-kathy chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
im glad to see a farmer mary fic for once, but wowie you completly changed jack into a meanie xD Gray (my fav guy) was his usual cool, nice and cold self x3 and i loved how shy and polite mary was but instead was thinking that jack should shut up. i liked this a lot and looking forward to more chapters, i hope jack turns into a nicer guy later though but hey its your story so do whatever
Atavaka chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
Hate Jack, but love this chapter. And Gray is actually both a jerk and a really cool guy for once. It can be so hard to root for the cold, antisocial character, but he's very likable here. Mary is, as always, one of my favorite characters. I love seeing her a the romantic interest in stories.

I wonder if the author wants us to hate Jack. Confidence is a good thing, but he's a bit too cocky. I hope Gray shoves his face in the dirt (which I personally think would be within his character *hint* *hint*).

Um, no critique. I hate to leave useless reviews, but I don't see anything wrong, or anything I can give advice on. Can't wait to read more!
Poncho D chapter 1 . 3/19/2007
No, I don't like Jack, I think he is being an ass. It's guys like him that give nice guys like me a bad name.

I do like your story, though. Mary and Gray are my second favorite BTN couple (tops is Ann and Cliff).

Keep writing,

Poncho D
Ekoaleko chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Hehe, this rocks! Mary plays as hard to get, hm? And Jack takes a turn to mister I think I can do everything. Olala.

I love the story! Hope you update!
starfruit06 chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
My, my, my, this rendition of Jack is a J-E-R-K. He's someone I wouldn't mind taking a hammer or a hoe to. But it's good to see these kinds of Jacks pop up in the fandom. He can't be perfect all the time, neh? And I do love Gray, I'm looking forward to seeing him as a leading chara throughout the story. Mary's stoic, knight in shining armor, thwarting Jack's diabolical schemes with his trusty hammer...well, that's me being overly imaginative and romantic _
Chicken Yuki chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Interesting. I haven't seen "Jack da Playa" in ages...

If Farmer Mitchel from my Alternate Mineral Town story were around, he'd conspire with Gray to keep him out of the picture, but this is your story.

And from what I see, I like it. Tensions between Mr. Riley and Gray have immediately formed, and I have a feeling a long and dangerous struggle lies ahead between the both of them. And poor Mary is going to have to deal with the aftermath.

I'm betting she already likes Gray, but I don't know if that's bound to change. But I guess there is something to those dastardly players, huh? Gah, he sounds JUST like the kind of guy Rick would hate. Maybe you could finally give "Chicken Boy" a protagonistic role here?

Heh, "Jack Riley." That sounds like the perfect name for him.
Mystere's Bromide chapter 1 . 3/17/2007
Hmm, looks like this'll be funtimes. Jack's an obnoxious wankmeister so far (I'll figure it was intentional considering you have no problem writing likeable characters), kind of like... I dunno, I've known people like that before.

Looks good so far - dunno how it'll turn out, but we'll see!