Reviews for On Alcoholism
FrednGeorgeFanGirl chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
i liked this look at sirius. great work]

p.s. i LOVE your icon in your profile! lol
Sentinel Sparrow chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
My favourite character to see getting drunk.

Lovely interpretation.

The glass.
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 6/13/2007
This is brilliant., You described everything perfectly - well done!
Monday the 14th chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
Interesting...I won't get drunk! Ever!
Possum132 chapter 1 . 5/1/2007
Poor bloody Sirius. He's had a horrible life. No wonder he drinks.
Lady Wolfie chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
Sad, but beautifully done. It's not often that I come across a fanfic that's so well-written. Great job!
pinecone.girl chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
oh... i like i like. i really liked how for each 'stage' thingy there was one word that he described. i also really liked how the glass breaks in his memories and in the story. that was a really good touch... should i shut up now? i could say everything i liked about it... but i think it might take a long time and you wouldn't like to read it all. now look, i'm rambling! hahaha well anyways, good job. ;)
The Happy Eggplant chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
The word "blearily"...I've never given it much thought before, but now that I've read this, I sort of like it. Blearily...sort of roles off your tongue, no?

Anyway, that was a complete waste of space. This was very interesting. I feel you wrote Sirius's character very well, and even though he is not exactly one of my favorite characters, I enjoyed this very much.

(‘annoying little berk’...sounds like someone I know!)
homeric chapter 1 . 3/23/2007
Very powerful, and very truthful (is that even a word?)

Of all the characters in HP, Sirius seemed to be the one who would embrace/succumb to his vices, and you portrayed that very well. Oblivion comes at a price, and unfortunately that price is too high.

Well writen and touching without being trite - brava :)

h
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
Wow. This is really, really amazing. You've got the stream of conciousness thing going really, really well. And the character is perfect.

this is such a great story. The symbolism *squee!* and the ending is wonderful. The little bit of Remus that appears is good too, and Molly.

This is an amazing story. Well done! I can't think of any criticism at all.

(Dial-up is evil and should be destroyed. It took five minutes for this story to appear. Grr. Well worth the wait though)
InkandPaper chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Whoa, that is really good. I can't quite see Sirius actually going that far, but still, it was amazing... poor guy, just slowly going further and further until he literally couldn't stop. I was surprised at the end, when he tipped the rest of the alcohol into his mouth "even as every fiber and particle of his body screams in protest" (great line, by the way) but it was a well-calculated surprise, if you know what I mean - just takes it that little step further.

"The days slipped like water through his closed fist." Another great line, and one that is depressing me again!

Nice work :D
APpLeBun chapter 1 . 3/18/2007
Well, it's very good for your first "stream of consciousness", inner monologue type fic. I liked it a lot! It fits Sirius to a T, and it's exactly something I could picture him doing/thinking. Great job, you annoying little berk (kidding!), and keep turning out those great fics.