Reviews for The Horses of the Riddermark
ShiiGan77 chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Good job! Your really understand how the people of Rohan must offelt about their horses. I hope you keep it up. Your quite good.
Emily chapter 1 . 11/28/2009
Very nice; it rhymed and all. : ) I am not familiar with the tune, but after reading your poem, I just might become familiar with it... : )

You got a sense of Rohan from this; how important their horses are to them, and how proud and strong they are as warriors. Hooray for Rohan! : )
katHeiman Didn't log in chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
I started reading this as a poem, but by the end I had noticed that it fit with 'The Rising of the Moon'. It was only when I read the intro again that I noticed it *was* set to that tune! Hoorah! Someone besides me turns Irish Nationalisim songs into lyrics that fit Middle Earth cultures (especially Rohirrim, in my case!). I've done one to the tune of 'Legion of the Rearguard' and a few others I can't remember right now. Keep it up, you're quite good!

Kat
Arwen Imladviel chapter 1 . 4/10/2002
I once mistook you for an elf, but you must have the blood of the rohirrim too, else how could you sing like one of their bards?
Kayla Anasazi chapter 1 . 2/11/2002
Wow this is the best poetry ever! I read all your poems and I love them, esp the ones about Rohan. Maybe you can write some about Gondor or some romance like Aragorn/Arwen or Eowyn/Faramir.
fisksa chapter 1 . 9/28/2001
Me again. I love this one! Horses are so beautiful, yet so strong, so proud... this poem gave me a mental image of the Riders galloping in a thundering herd against some Orcs, horns uplifted, in the morning sun over the green Wold... awesome. The tone here reminds me of the Rohirrim poem in TTT. Kudos!
Tsona chapter 1 . 7/17/2001
Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are the aonly person I have found on-line who likes horses and describe them well. It was a perfect description of what horses really are. ) I'm all happy now.
hmego chapter 1 . 7/16/2001
That was beautiful, a soaring poem of horses and rises riding off... yes, of course I liked it! )
Salacassera chapter 1 . 7/7/2001
I'm adding this to my favorites' list.