Reviews for Magical Relations
Spoit0 chapter 41 . 8/17/2011
Yeah I'm pretty sure that it was open to 4th years too, because all of harrys classmates were also at the dance without being champions. And that dance class led mby mcgonagal
Angelfirenze chapter 41 . 8/17/2011
You have no idea how shocked I was to get an update for this story in my email this morning. I was so very gleeful. Unfortunately, events conspired that I couldn't get around to reading it until now, but WOW, has it been worth the wait.

This was amazing and I can't wait to get whatever updates you have brewing in that mind of yours. Hm. Ron being the quintessential Gryffindor...*disagrees, but can still see why you'd come to that conclusion*

Anyway, BRAVO! There, that really needed to be said. And knowing you plan to finish this story makes me all the more glad.
Hulkishpower chapter 41 . 8/17/2011
thank you for updating! I love how Harry is subtle yet observant and clearminded and not brash or stupidly bold. You've created a Harry that is unique and special yet still adhering to the same important qualities of the real Harry Potter in J.K. Rowling's book. Even if this is fanfiction and we can technically do whatever we want, I always appreciate authors sticking to the original intent of Rowling. Harry may not be the Gryffindorish person in this fic, but he's still the same Harry, with all his goodness and friendliness and helpfulness and dry wit. Love it! Continue on, and I hope you find a home soon! Update soo! (All of us readers will be expecting it, especially with you oh so boldly stating that you don't have writer's block at the moment...hehe) Thanks for the chapter.
Jiraiya's Disciple chapter 41 . 8/17/2011
Polkioff is turning out to be quite an interesting character. I always like it when authors can make something new, without making it unrealistic.
phoenixmaiden13 chapter 41 . 8/17/2011
Yay you're back! I'm so happy! Hope you update soon!

phoenix

P.S. The butterbeer you made was good! I want some more. ;)
bakapervert chapter 41 . 8/17/2011
Thanks for the update.
jheaton chapter 41 . 8/17/2011
I think you made the right decision on the Yule Ball question. Per chapter 10 of GoF, dress robes were on the school list that year; that suggests that the Yule Ball was going to be open to fourth years whether Harry was a champion or not. Otherwise why put dress robes on the list?

Beyond that point, I really enjoyed this chapter. Blaise and Pansy's reaction to the Witch Weekly article was very funny, as was Harry's comment about Ron, Neville, and Dudley being the only boys Hermione knew.
graynavarre chapter 41 . 8/17/2011
WooHoo - you updated Magical Relations! Still grinning from ear to ear. Looks good and it is following cannon. I wonder who Dudley is going to bring.
Fork chapter 36 . 8/15/2011
Hiya! I need to tell you, after reading 36 chapters nearly in one go, that I still can't stop reading. It's just that good. I love how the characters are so alive! (especially when they're joking around, among other times).

Anyway, I don't want to sound like a prat but I'd like to bring your attention to a tiny mistake in your story:

"Harry still wasn't entirely sure of her name, though he remembered her being among the Weasleys he'd gone to Diagon Alley with before second year."

I know it's nothing big, but I'd like to point out that it was before third year and not second (second year was with Draco).

I shall of course read the rest as soon as I get some time, cause I really need to stop right now, I've been at the computer for too long and I can't focus on the words well anymore (that's just how long I've been here!). Keep up the good work!
Tawnyfur chapter 40 . 8/12/2011
GAH, finished.

I raced through this story in two days after I found it in a fanfic archive on . I couldn't resist a story that showed the alternate universe in which Dudley goes to Hogwarts! And the recommender didn't lie; this story is very well done, indeed. It warms my heart to see Harry making friends wherever he goes, even with Filch and Anthony Goldstein. I love all of the little intricate relationships that have formed in this universe, especially the knot of kids who defeated the Basilisk together.

Honestly, I was a little worried that you didn't like Ron or something for a while when you hardly mentioned him at all; I was reassured by your inclusion of him in the Basilisk-slaying group, though, especially when he controlled the rooster. I know you said that this isn't going to be Harry/Ginny - considering Harry's almost non-existent relationship with the Weasleys in this story, I can understand that - but are you going to totally skew the canon pairings? For example, is this going to Ron/Hermione? (Don't tell me who Harry ends up with, I want it to be a surprise.)

Just as a matter of interest, which is the first chapter here that you posted after reading Deathly Hallows?

I'm so glad that Harry FINALLY got to spend some time in Sirius' house, like they always wanted. About the walls, though - is it just glass for the outer walls? And what about the bathrooms? I adored the scene with Remus and Mr. Weasley's Ford; it was cute to see sensible Professor Lupin flounder to understand how the car worked.

EXCELLENT characterization, fascinating story, and I can't wait for more!
shiftyless chapter 9 . 7/31/2011
:) like it
shiftyless chapter 8 . 7/31/2011
good this here chapter is
moonprincess97524 chapter 40 . 7/31/2011
This is such a wonderful story. I love all the changes that you have made and yet kept so many things the same. I really really love that Harry has so many friends and in other houses in this story unlike in the books/movies where Harry really only branches out to Luna from a different house. I so hope that you are able to update this again soon, I am eagerly awaiting the next installment to this wonderful story.
Hulkishpower chapter 40 . 7/30/2011
This fic is a great find and a greater read! I'm so happy with how Harry is such a Slytherin but still so very much "harry". I wish he was the one to find rita skeeter as an animagus, trap her in a bottle, then threaten and blackmail her with all his slytherinness. Please update soon!
Jake chapter 36 . 7/28/2011
Love it, when lupin's near exeter I think honiton where I live, it's a small town near ottery st mary or catchpole ;)
5,500 | « Prev Page 1 .. 208 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 228 .. Last Next »