Reviews for Magical Relations
tvandel chapter 2 . 8/31/2011
I still love the 'italics in his name'
DoubleCaramel chapter 41 . 8/30/2011
I. AM. IN. LOVE. The story you created here is amazing.

I can proudly say that I've spent the entire day reading it, since I found it. It's a lovely twist on the Slytherin-Harry cliché, by bringing Dudley along. Everything is also so close to the canon - the feel, the magic, the characters personalities. I really feel as if I'm reading an alternative version of Harry Potter that stays genuine to the story's true charm.

Dudley is fantastic. I love him so much here. He grew up and changed a lot and, right now, he's quite frankly adorable in his teenage like way. I never thought I would type that.I hope he manages to settle stuff out with his Mum eventually. I hope Aunt Petunia comes to terms or that, at least, Dudley gets more closure. He deserves it.

I also appreciate how you twisted Uncle Vernon and made him actually warm up to Harry and learn to understand Dudley. I also quite like him here.

AND YOU did not forget Hagrid! He's such an ignored character in fanfiction - specially Harry-centric fanfiction when he's one of Harry's best friends in canon. I won't say that I miss him here, because I'm not a fanon!Hagrid fangirl, but it was nice that you included him.

I also think it was very clever how you brought the gang (Harry, Ron, Blaise, Pansy, Draco, Hermione, Neville) together. I LOVE THEM! So many laughs.

Draco is also great. I'm not sure what path you're going to take with his character, but I hope that eventually he makes peace with Harry.

(And Blaise is yummy. Yeah, yeah, he's still fourteen, but he will be the charmer when he finally grows up. I love Blaise and you write him oh, so well).

PANSY! Pansy, Pansy, Pansy - I, like, totally, utterly and completely adore her here. You write her sooo well! Her introduction, with the plotting to shove Harry off the tower was fabulous (and made me start to ship Harry/Pansy here. *blushes*). Everything else she said since then was equally fantastic. I really, really, really enjoy her. She is, in every sense, canon - with the witty, yet smart remarks. She's just lovely.

Actually, Pansy is one of my favourite minor characters in canon and she's right on top of the list regarding fanon!females. I always felt she was regarded with injustice on Rowlings part. I know she was created to fit the bitchy, rude, vain female archetype, but I always felt sympathy towards her because of Harry and his friends dislike towards her based on her appearance. Well, their reasons to dislike her were legit (she wasn't very nice to them), but I hate using ones appearance as an insult - you can't help it. I think Pansy is unjustly described as a troll in most fanfiction. Please. AND NOW I RANTED! Sorry. I just have an unhealthy devotion towards Pansy.

Back to my reviewing of your story. So, yes, I appreciate how you don't slightly alter the canon events, but completely twist them to serve your story. Time periods swap and the way the characters come to conclusions and resolve the issues keep the tale refreshing. I was actually a little disappointed Harry wasn't chosen as a champion. I'm curious to see how you'll solve things and if Harry will even make it to the graveyard.

(One of the other reasons I really hope Draco and Harry rekindle their friendship, is because they were great friends. I love their first year and how they go and fetch the philosopher stone).

I also like how you've managed to keep the alternate reality 'less dark' than canon. Though, I would not mind this taking a darker turn in the future.

I don't know what else to say. *scratches head embarrassed* Snape is pretty epic also? _~ Okay, I would not say epic, but I like how he doesn't hate Harry here. They work well together.

I also should say that I enjoy the fact Harry teaches Parseltongue. Nice detail/sub-plot.

Yup, that is all. If this review lacks diversity when it comes to adjectives, I blame it on English not being my first language. u_u (What? Me using a thesaurus more often? Tsk. Brilliant is just a brilliant adjective, so it should be used in vast quantities).

And this story is brilliant. To me it is. If you didn't catch my love in the review, yet.

Oooh, and like the perverse little fangirl I am, I totally have ships in this AU. I know this is gen, but you must drop in a little itsy bit of romance. Even if Harry remains forever annoyed that his friends decided to let their hormones control them.

I'm rooting for Pansy/Harry quite a lot. I know she's more of his friend - but it /could/ work. Though, Pansy/Ron would also make my day. Hehe. I'd love Hermione with any of the guys. I think she'd be a great other-half to every single male she interacts with. No, that does not include Snape. ;)

I do adore the idea of Dudley/Hermione, more because of him. Draco/Harry is also in the back of my mind (hey! You were the one who mentioned Harry wasn't very good with girls in your author note. . . It is because he's better with boys u_u), but I don't see it happening here at all. To me they're just really, really good friends.

BUT ANYWAY, I know this story isn't about romance and it doesn't need it at all. It's a brilliant (See? I'm using it again. My reviews could be drinking games.) tale on its own.

I'm just an hopeless case.

Now that I've disturbed you enough I shall leave. I really, really had a fantastic time reading this. It was a pleasure. I have not been so wrapped in fanfiction in a long time. Thank you. Your world is amazing and you have a fantastic storyteller voice. Please never give up on this tale. It's already a favourite.

*adds to favourites*

P. on graduating!
Phoenixx Rising chapter 41 . 8/29/2011
I've been reading this story and absolutely love it! Please update soon.
AquaRibbon chapter 41 . 8/27/2011
I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a fanfiction as much as I am enjoying this! OMG. I love, love love, LOVE your Harry; he's so much more interesting, intelligent, charming, funny, and yes, even sexy (Mothers, hang on to your daughters! XD).

All the changes from cannon are so believable and well thought out, it's a true pleasure to read. And your writing has a charm very reminiscent to Rowling's, it's amazing!

I'll be looking forward to reading more! :D
Elspeth chapter 41 . 8/25/2011
Happy to see a new chapter and a good one too! I really like the way Harry interacts with his friends in this story, he feels just a bit smarter and more mature than in the books and it makes all the difference.
Phalanx chapter 41 . 8/24/2011
I thought this story had a promising beginning, got a bit bland in during the chamber of secrets arc, then suddenly took a turn and has been steadily getting better and better with every chapter after that.

But it wasn't until the "Mothers, hang on to your daughters, Harry Potter is on the prowl" line when I finally lost it though. That may be one of the funniest lines I've read in a HP fanfic ever!
Shadowface chapter 41 . 8/23/2011
sweet update, you've probably been told this already, but fourth years were always allowed to go to the ball, that's why Molly buys ron dress robes during the summer.
Ookii Mamoru chapter 41 . 8/22/2011
Don't really see how you got the impression that the 4th years got to go because of Harry. The robes where purchased during the summer...
iwannabeX chapter 41 . 8/22/2011
it's been a while, so i had to reread the whole thing, and found it quite enjoyable again, so i wasn't wrong in favouriting it in the first place :) the latest chapter seems fine. i'm curious about where you're taking things with this pliakoff character (all the foreshadowing makes me think he's a rapist or something), and i'm hoping you'll have draco pull his head out of his backside soon, because i really liked your version of draco.
Idhren chapter 41 . 8/21/2011
What a pleasure to reread this fic! You're a good ten chapters further along than the last time I read it, and the quality just keeps getting better. I especially love your portrayal of Snape (the cobra!), and that scene where he offers to tutor Harry provided a beautiful illustration of just how different Harry has grown ("Harry stared, his mind racing at the possibilities. But first.

Snape obviously had something to gain from offering Harry this."). You say so much with just a few words-it's a delight to read the work of an author who trusts that the reader actually has a brain.

Thank you so much for the update, and for sharing this gift of a fic in general.
Karla Manatee chapter 41 . 8/21/2011
It's true, 14 year olds are not Rico Suave. usually. Unless they are my cousin, in which cas they apparently are. But that's a nother story, and my cousin is too dumb to be a wizard in any event.

Thank you, and good luck!

cheers,

-Kat
jesi ki kage chapter 41 . 8/21/2011
awesome! love how harry totally figured out hermiones date but didn't tell the guys! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK AND UPDATE AGAIN REALLY SOON!
PsychoLeopard chapter 41 . 8/21/2011
Hm...finally gave this a try and I'm loving it. It's amazing what you've done with the characters, changing them believably to work with the new plot. Your writing style and the pace of the story are both easy to read.

I was kind of surprised at first that Harry wasn't entered into the Tournament, and it's making me wonder about Moody. I was able to grasp all the changes for previous years, based on Harry's Slytherin tendencies and friends who don't let him endanger himself, but this one is throwing me for a loop.

Anyway, excellent work. I'm looking forward to more.
fraewyn chapter 41 . 8/20/2011
Caught up!

Loving it!

Cant wait for more!
Ebenezer Edelman chapter 41 . 8/20/2011
"so things should be picking up"

Yippeeeee! *does a little dance* Uh... in a dignified and manly way, of course...

I've just reread this story and fallen in love with it again. Looking forward to next update!
5,721 | « Prev Page 1 .. 220 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 240 .. Last Next »