Reviews for Magical Relations
justwalkingdown chapter 31 . 5/30/2009
great story! This is definatly one of the best Slytherin Harry stories I've ever read! And the Dudley twist is really cool! I'm adding it to my fav. list. Please update soon!

- Fairy )

Ps: I think Harry will choose for Snape to teach him how to do Nonverbal spells, cause that would be really useful in the future, especially in the fourth book, though Harry doesn't know that yet...
Angelfirenze chapter 23 . 5/29/2009
I'm really glad you explored not only Harry's reaction to the Dementors, but Neville's and Draco's, as well. I imagine Dudley's was perfectly crappy, as well. Everything in their pasts that the Dementors would bring up seems to involve their parents in some way. *saddened*
Angelfirenze chapter 20 . 5/29/2009
Now, see, given what happened in canon, this was just deceitful as all hell. It's not like the basilisk was BAD, after all. *sighs* Obviously, I have mixed feelings but I'll get over them.

Poor thing. Yeah, done.
Angelfirenze chapter 16 . 5/29/2009
I think I have a very good guess as to what's going on with Draco. Hopefully, Lucius will be in Azkaban by the end of the year, not just sacked as a school governor.

I thought you might put Ginny in Slytherin, but it also makes sense to go with canon, I suppose. It's interesting that he's not close to the Weasleys at all here. Ginny doesn't even know him personally so she has no reason to suppose that she'll be engaged to him by the end of her time at Hogwarts or any silly declarations like that.

I like Ginny enough, but I couldn't find anything at all plausible about how she and Harry wound up married in canon. That was just appalling. *refrains from harping on about Ron/Hermione again*
Angelfirenze chapter 15 . 5/29/2009
I realized what Dudley's writing in and my mouth FELL OPEN. *it's done so again and I'm having trouble typing this so really, I'll just go back to the story*

I...think I had a question that'll need answering soon, but what I've realized made me completely forget it.

Whatever. *glued in*
Angelfirenze chapter 14 . 5/29/2009
Okay, this was a really hard chapter to get through. Watching Dudley and Vernon's pain at Petunia's abrupt, blame-ridden departure was just...heartbreaking.

And I'm patently frightened of Lucius and whatever he's going to do this year that has Draco involved. I loved Blaise explaining to Hermione that her indignation about the house elves was well-meant, but more insulting than anything. It certainly looks like their training in racism is coming undone, which is fantastic.
Angelfirenze chapter 13 . 5/29/2009
Holy crap. You've painted Vernon Dursley as positively...forgiving! I think this is the first story I've seen where I didn't loathe him immensely. He's...trying, I suppose. I hope that eventually Vernon will treat Harry completely properly even if Petunia never will.

I'm wondering how Dobby's going to figure into this, as well as Ginny since her first year is coming. ...*ponders*...
Angelfirenze chapter 12 . 5/29/2009
I can't really think of anything to say beyond my elated mood and the fact that I'm pretty sure I'll still be reading this one at midnight, if not later. It's currently nine.

I think I've been reading this for about seven hours. Huh.
Angelfirenze chapter 11 . 5/29/2009
I found it just...astonishing...that all of this happened so quickly and suddenly and the Stone was simply kept in their dormitory, however, since the teachers are currently convinced of their own superiority, I suppose it's not terribly far-fetched.

I wasn't upset, just simply incredulous. I mean, it's like finding out a murdered lives in the house behind you. Who'd think of it?

That said, I'm particularly happy you have Harry and Dudley maintaining their friendship in the coming years. Something tells me Dudley'll continue to need all the help he can from Harry and everyone else he knows.
Angelfirenze chapter 10 . 5/29/2009
Harry is just bound and determined not to trust Snape, isn't he? Snape hasn't even been torturing him like he did in the books, so what gives?

I did especially like that neither Blaise nor Draco was overtly hostile toward Hermione, which was very nice to see.
Angelfirenze chapter 7 . 5/29/2009
"He opened the door a crack and peered around it. He stared for a few moments. Then he closed the door very, very carefully, locked it securely, and made his way back to the Slytherin common room. He was done for the night anyway."

The single most brilliant nudge I have yet to read. Once I'd realized what had happened, I was very pleased. The technique you used causes the reader to do a double-take and that's always great. Bravo, once again.
Angelfirenze chapter 6 . 5/29/2009
I have to say, I'm pretty fond of your interpretation of Anthony Goldstein. *nods with satisfaction* Did you base your view of him on anyone?
Angelfirenze chapter 5 . 5/29/2009
Snape's being...awfully fair to Harry, considering his past with James Potter. I still can't figure out why the hell Lily ever married him. What change did we ever get to see?

As it is, I'll be interested in how Snape's relationship with Harry differs in this story than in canon.

This line, though, of Dudley's, which was actually from the last chapter, made me roll my eyes: "But everyone expects me to do it here."

Gee, genius, you think? Really, now?
Angelfirenze chapter 4 . 5/29/2009
And, voila, you answered all my prospective questions. I'll be happy if Blaise and Draco are divested of their elitist leanings, but since they've been under their father and mother all this time, I can let it go for now.

I also like your reasoning for Dudley being in Gryffindor, though I put him in Ravenclaw for one of my stories. Trust me, I had reason, though Harry was absolutely beyond shocked when Dudley removed the Sorting Hat. *snort*
Angelfirenze chapter 3 . 5/29/2009
I don't think I have words to convey the sheer sense of EXCITEMENT this story is bringing out for me. It's so...*exhales*...perfect. The characterization and portrayals, the flow, the lack of grammatical errors.

And it's a longer one - it's much easier to find well-written oners than it is to find stories of greater breadth done the same way.

This is definitely one I'll be saving on my hard drive. And recommending at my LJ post for Harry Potter personal-canon-replacement stories. Bravo!

I really can't say that enough. Not to mention, you answered all my questions in the very next chapter. I'm tempted to ask whether Harry will find out about his inheritance, but I'll most likely find out very soon.
4,978 | « Prev Page 1 .. 232 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 252 .. Last Next »