Reviews for Magical Relations
I miss this. A lot...

Hope you update soon!

]
The Lauderdale chapter 31 . 4/21/2010
"Well, it's the difference between a wizard eating steak or a live bull, isn't it? Which would you choose? Someone else has done all the work of preparing the steak. All you have to do is eat it, it's not going to be able to stop you. But if you try to take a bite out of a bull, it's going to be very cross with you. It's unlikely you'll walk away feeling full." I'm still trying to work this one out. So, in Luna's analogy, are the Dementors the hungry wizard?

Harry's tutoring Sna-ape, Harry's tutoring Sna-ape! [loves]
The Lauderdale chapter 30 . 4/21/2010
"I don't normally have reason to say this, Harry, but you're just weird sometimes." LOL.

Loved the roundhouse issue of points at the end. Your Severus Snape is very restrained - not having the overweening dislike of Harry that he does in the books, but not having a great warmth of feeling toward him means that there is always that bit of distance between them that isn't breached (yet) by hatred or friendship. But he's believable, and fun.

So...why the detention? Did I miss something? Or does Snape have something he wishes to relay to Harry tomorrow night?

(Should add: several pages of a bunch of kids staring at a map was never so gripping.)
lyaser53 chapter 37 . 4/21/2010
Ok more already this could be good!
SolitaryWordsmith chapter 37 . 4/17/2010
great fic. too bad you're not updating anymore
The Lauderdale chapter 28 . 4/17/2010
"Ian is a pretty dangerous sounding name, don't you think so, Draco? Very eastern European, I think."

Ian is Scottish, Blaise.

But I loved the Mia thing. That would be a good name, I think, for Draco and those folks who feel "Voldemort" is too scary to use. They can just use "Mia" in place of You-Know-Who.

I love it, getting Sirius Black a trial!
Arysthae chapter 37 . 4/17/2010
PLEASE SAY YOU ARE ALMOST FIFNISHED, THIS STORY IS REALLY GOOD. oops, capitals.
The Lauderdale chapter 26 . 4/14/2010
I kind of love the idea of snakes as walky-talkies. I also enjoy the way you write snakes as characters. Loved Anthony's snake's dilemma: Douglas or Liegia?
beyondinfinite chapter 11 . 4/14/2010
i like this story. hope you complete the series!
The Lauderdale chapter 25 . 4/13/2010
What WOULD Black want with a Weasley? ...oh yes, SCABBERS. I forgot!

I enjoy - have I said this before? - I enjoy the radically reordered scheme of revelation in this fanfic, in which Harry is finding out some things FAR in advance of when he originally discovered them in the books (Severus-Lily-James, Marvolo&Merope-Riddle/Voldemort, etc.) while at the same time coming "behind" on other things. He's gone through his first two years with Voldemort as pure abstraction: he never even knew Voldemort was there during his first year (stuck to the back of Quirrel's head, and by the way, is Voldy still there?) and he didn't know Tom Riddle was actually Voldemort's younger self...at least not during his second year when he was contending with the evil diary and the basilisk, even though he and Hermione are arriving at that conclusion now.

And of course the Severus Snape issue is interesting in another way, because even though Snape presumably starts off with the same initial dislike of Harry that he had in the books, in *this* story Harry hasn't fed that dislike. He's been respectful toward Snape and earned Snape's respect in turn, even if Snape may not exhibit much warmth toward him. And that's interesting. I *am* looking forward to seeing more dialogue between the pair of them, whether it is friendly, hostile or polite-but-removed.
The Lauderdale chapter 22 . 4/13/2010
"If this person hurt you, I'll bite them for you." What more could you want from a pet/friend?
The Lauderdale chapter 21 . 4/13/2010
And second year ends with Lockhart out of Mungo's (for now) and an extensive butchery project on an enormous snake. Harry Potter and Co. butchering basilisk - that's definitely nothing we saw in the originals. Five points for funny and two more for...weird. 0_o
The Lauderdale chapter 20 . 4/13/2010
N: Tell him the truth, Harry. It's not like you're doing anything wrong, saving us all from a giant evil snake.

D: He's right. We aren't doing anything wrong.

H: And even if we set a rooster loose in the halls, we wouldn't technically be breaking any school rules at all.

P: Well that's no fun. If that's the case, we should definitely steal the rooster.

LOL.

I did feel bad for the basilisk, though. Almost made me wish they had called in one of the adults, just to open up the think tank a little. Poor ol' basilisk.
The Lauderdale chapter 19 . 4/13/2010
This chapter is made of bliss. Nervous bliss.
The Lauderdale chapter 17 . 4/13/2010
I love Anthony! What an intelligent boy! And what a thoughtful way to go about learning Parseltongue. Frankly I thought this was inspired - and I was surprised when I saw your author's note at the bottom of this chapter. Really, people think it's a crap idea? Geez, we can't all be instant naturals like HP is in everything, but I know I would at least want to *try* to learn if I knew that it was possible to talk with snakes: they're cool! And Anthony's a scholar, and this is a rare language. Of *course* he'd want to try to figure it out.

Enjoyed the snake as well. Since Dudley coopted Hedwig - er, "Whitey," Harry really ought to have a pet. Hope the little fella gets a name!
5,512 | « Prev Page 1 .. 232 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 252 .. Last Next »