Reviews for Magical Relations
the-dreamer4 chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
Interesting twist. Poor Petunia! (NOT) Has to reconcile her obsessive 'love' for Dudley with her equally obsessive hatred of magic. Interesting that you have Vernon managing to behave relatively decently. Most authors make him out worse than Petunia.

I wonder how Dudley managed to end up in Gryffindor ... does he have some redeeming qualities buried underneath all that negative conditioning? I think I'd like for (eventually) Harry and Dudley to make peace, which in turn would affect the house rivalry. Possibly collecting outcasts ... first Hermione, then his cousin. That would be an off-the-wall Trio *smirk*.

Poor Draco ... lost his italics so quickly *grin*

Thoughts about titles ... assuming that "Magic" is still the original. It isn't a bad title, actually. Since we don't know exactly where the story will go, I can only try some additional ideas based on the first 4 chapters:

Cousins

A Whole New World

Role Reversal

[as in Dudley is now the outcast and Harry the 'favorite']

Snakes and Lions

Boy-Who-Learned-to-Live

Though I didn't look carefully, I don't recall any 'flinches' for spelling or grammar issues, so you're probably doing that quite well. Please accept a nitpicker's gratitude.

Oh well, hope you continue

dreamer
enchantedlight chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
interesting, update soon!
mlcadden chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
i love it! even though harry is a slytherin! its amazing! hah sucks for u dudley!
ameliefoy chapter 3 . 3/18/2007
Oh! I'm so sorry! I missed the part where you unitalicized Draco - sorry! (And that was pretty funny by the way) :)
Bratling chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
Maybe, "A Time of Discovery" Don't know. I always thought it'd be a toss-up between Slytherin and Hufflepuff for Dudley with leaning towards Slytherin. I hope that Harry'll end up with a few more friends, though. I mean, if he told Ron that the only reason he's not in Gryffindor is because he didn't want to be near his cousin...
ameliefoy chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
OMGSH! I love love love your story. The only thing that I recommend (which you did do in this chapter, don't worry!) is to make the events happen, and not just describe or mention them. Like here, Hermione and Harry actually had the conversation, you didn't just say, "and Hermione told him that he was famous." So you did that well in this chapter. :) As for the title, I was thinking "Serendipitous Slytherin"... although it's way too poetic for the story. But I thought of it because 'serendipitous' means unforeseen or chance, and obviously Harry's acceptance into Slytherin is rather serendipitous, and like the hat said (I think), Harry will have a lot of chances to succeed in Slytherin. So that's what I came up with. Oh and another comment, the thing with the Draco Malfoy in italics kind of annoyed me the last three times you did it. xD. Sorry. And I understand that it's just the beginning of the story, but Harry needs more friends than just Hermione and Blaise... and you hardly even talk about Draco anyways. Let Harry live the plot, not observe it.

So that's about it, and don't think that I mean for my comments to be snippy, I absolutely love your story and I will be reading it. It's very very very intriguing. Update soon!
Musingsage chapter 3 . 3/18/2007
Interesting. This dose look like a good story. I was wondering I you could put Dudly in Slyherin or Hufflepuff.
potterinu chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
This storys ok. I want you to give Harry his money.
TheFireElemental chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
Possible Title: Who got the LETTER?
TricaLee chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
Weell, this is certainly different from all the other stories. Ususally Dudley doesn't go to Hogwarts the first year at any rate. Keep up the fine work.
Does it matter chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
"Magical Relations" - cus 'relation' is like relative but sounds cooler, and Dudley Stupidhead is Harry's relative - great story so far, i'm really enjoying it
Circe Visigoth chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
This may be stupid for a title, but it's all I can think of:

'Two Letters'
jehanm chapter 4 . 3/18/2007
I've never been a fan of Slytherin, but this looks good. Although I hate that Ron isn't his friend, I love Ron in all of his dimwittedness. I hate Dudley, he had to become a part of the one thing Harry was supposed to have. At least he plans to fail. On the other hand I have no idea how Dudley ended up as a Gryffindor, I suppose he had to beg the hat after realizing that Ron or someone was in that house. Well, Harry seems a little slow, but I can only wish him luck.
loha chapter 4 . 3/18/2007