Reviews for Legend of Zelda: The Return
Steel723 chapter 42 . 8/23
Lady Rose,
I know I'm more than a decade late and I sure you won't see this message (being too busy with your latest and greatest story) but I had to thank you for this amazing rendition of my all time favourite game. I hope you've kept up your amazing work and know that I'll be reading your future works.
Your thankful reader, Steel.
I also always cry this chapter. Oh my god. This is an emotional rollercoaster.
I always cry when I read this letter. This is like the tenth time I've read this story. No shame. Makes me really happy, honestly.
Aynessa chapter 26 . 7/20
I'm so confused. I expected Link to be able to handle himself more, now that he's remembered how to fight and use a sword and all the other magic he's capable of. Yet he still seems so useless and childish? I dunno, this is an entertaining story, but seems rather absurdly OOC. I didn't know it was even possible to make a silent protagonist OOC, until now.
Aynessa chapter 20 . 7/20
Aha, and there's the rage at Zelda I was expecting from the beginning. Surprised he's only angry about it now though, he should have been aware that Zelda's the one who erased his memories from before chp 10 when it was revealed at Lon Lon ranch?
Aynessa chapter 18 . 7/20
I'm not sure how to feel about this fic, honestly. It's so dearly well-loved by fans, and it's certainly an entertaining read.

But it's hard for me to close my eyes and play dumb against a few plot holes and ridiculous decisions from the cast. Like...if Link is so frustrated by not being capable, why not train? Or get someone to teach him how to handle a sword? Why doesn't someone just play the damn Song of Memory for him on the Ocarina of Time, get all those Hero of Time memories back? Why is Link not more upset by the fact that Zelda erased his memories without his consent? It's barely a blip on his emotional radar for a single half-chapter. And why does he act more like a kid than any of the actual kids in the story?

Aside from those glaring issues, this story is immensely entertaining and at times heart-wrenching. The arc with him going back in time to meet his parents and help his child-self get to the Kokiri Forest in particular was absolutely fantastic. You showed clear character growth and maturity from Link after that event as well, which was just perfect.
Strangely, I find this fic quite easy to read along. Since I understand a little of the Zelda universe and especially this game too (never played it before but read the synopsis anyways). So since Link doesn't now what the heck is going on... I relate too. Soo, that means we can all find out together! Woohooo!
Ohmagod. DId I just read a gory death of a soldier? AND I THOUGHT LEGEND OF ZELDA WAS AN INNOCENT FRIENDLY GAME!

(wait, majora's mask, twilight princess... take it back. it's dark af.)
Right. Link. Bring on in your arrows and weapons and expect to not get your eardrums broken by Zelda's scream when you infiltrate into her bedroom. Because entering a princess's room with weapons on your back is NOT threteaning at all. And did I mention that Zelda's a princess?
Best damn story I have read in a long time! It was truly great! Spent a bunch of my free-time reading it, and would recommend it to anyone who loves Ocarina Of Time!
Molgera chapter 42 . 4/23
Woah, what a journey. I've been glued to my laptop screen for 3 days trying to finish this! This was easily the best Zelda fanfiction I've ever read, and I hope to see more writings from you!
Scitoxiuq chapter 42 . 3/26
This story is awesome! I just reread it again and I'm glad I forgot most of the plot, because now I was able to enjoy it again without knowing what's going to happen! Thanks for writing this amazing story!
infinitelystrangemachine chapter 1 . 3/15
Hey man, I'm back for yet another reread, and I just want to tell you that this is by far and away my favorite LoZ fic of all time! Few LoZ stories can hold my attention, but this one is so funny and yet so deadly serious all in one, full of perfect and heartwrenching OCs, full of nostalgia and inside jokes, and that shipping, man, wreck me sideways. Sure, this story was written a long time ago, and even if your writing style wasn't sleek and polished and perfect, it WAS perfect for the flavor of the story and only enhanced the energy and sass in Link's narrative voice. Just all-around fantastic job. Thank you so much for having written this, and keep up the great work!
DMD Hanafin chapter 1 . 3/8
"Ableist language" Alright if you're a liberal retard I doubt this story will be any good. People like you are scum.
minutmaidman chapter 42 . 11/12/2016
holy fucking shit. If you enjoy writing, make it your job. Best writing in any community I've been a part of. Jesus. I know this is old but hell if it still isn't the best I've read in a long ass time.
1,573 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »