Reviews for Noir
Kori Raelyn chapter 1 . 6/26
Woah. That opening is simply enthralling. I love it!
Charlie McCarthy chapter 3 . 7/12/2013
you're a genius. love this so much i can;t stop reading. you can set a scene perfectly and i love how it all fits the history of the comics. i REALLY appreciate that, being a reader of them n_n
btw i found this when i found your Noir picture on Deviantart.
awesome job!
Guest chapter 10 . 12/30/2012
I know its been even longer since you wrote this, but I just discovered it and read the whole thing in about an hour... it was amazing (until this slight turn, which has me reeling...) Please consider writing more of it. I need to know what happens next (and you can't say its the end, with Terra still being kidnapped and all). Thanks.
2wingo chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I've been WAITING for a fic like this to show up!
Rassilon001 chapter 10 . 1/17/2011
A delightful little romp into an extended fantasy sequence/dream world. I loved the parallels, though initially was repulsed by the idea of ‘Robin’ confiding so easily with ‘Cyborg’ about what could have easily gotten him kicked off the force. If it was real he’d be making a serious mistake. But as things went on and became more and more obvious it wasn’t, I let it slide. Frankly I loved the mental imagery. The introduction of the other Titans and even some of Batman’s old cast and crew were very excellent.

Frankly the only thing missing was an element in the criminal underworld with a scary mask and a habit of taking people in as surrogate Apprentices. But just as I was starting to miss him, you bring Slade in more as a twisted sort of spirit guide. Created a very unhealthy, dualistic ‘can I trust him’ trouble for an already freaked Robin.

I liked the hook about his parents. Even cut off abruptly, that was chilling. A real, terribly strong motivation to stay in the dream world. This reminds me a lot of ‘Life on Mars’ which I saw recently. Are you a fan? It’s freaky coincidental in a lot of places.

Sorry to see this wasn't continued.
Do You Want My Opinion chapter 10 . 9/9/2009
Discontinued? NO! You were just coming up to the best part!

If your stuck for ideas; make Robin a P.I. or something, and, I don't know, Make Raven his partner in crime or something?

*Mutters to herself* Why is it that all the great fan fics are all cancelled before the story has the chance to unfold?
BlackRoseMuffin chapter 10 . 6/12/2009
wtf.

poor Robin D:
Cyber.Green.Converse chapter 10 . 5/13/2009
I LOVED Robin's reaction to the whole "Have you and Roy had sex?" Thing. It made me laugh.

I hope you continue this series, as it's very fun to read. :3

I also have a question.

Is Slade really the real Slade? And has Tara joined 'the dark side'? Because Slade is really creepy...

Anyway, great series, I'm loving it-and I'm very happy about your Britishness. I'm not to sure why, but as I'm British too, I just find it cool. (That sounded odd...)

Good luck with this and any other future stories (including your LxLight fics. I can't get enough of the yaoi goodness! XD)!
Jack chapter 10 . 5/7/2009
after reading a couple of your other stories (most enjoyably, Wertham's Law) I finally read this one. and I love it - the whole 40s Gotham scene, gritty detective work and back-alley beat-ups. it's got a lot of intrigue and suspense, and I really want to find out what happens next. Speedy's death took me by surprise, though I guess it shouldn't have - and what is going on with Slade? he's always an awesome bastard. poor Robin thought he had everything figured out, huh. I love how you're modifying the canon characters into this world, and I enjoy meeting the new ones that crop up. and that conversation between Tim Drake and Dick Grayson? excellence, my friend. I'd like more Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson interaction, personally, because Wayne's being kind of cold and uncaring, but I'm sure you've got a plan for him, somewhere.

thanks for sharing your story, and please update sometime. I look forward to it.
Guest chapter 10 . 4/16/2009
Oh I hope you update this still, I stumbled upon your writting recently and you do some realy great work (so great that I get so wraped up reading it that I forget I have places to be and end up almost late...) This is a grat story, I do know the BTAS episode you based this off of, but I don't see how that ans the Slade fits into this...or everything else for that matter...still, this is great.
GabyGabri chapter 10 . 3/20/2009
This is such an interesting story! I have to say I was captivated from the very beginning. I like your style of writing, it's different from anything else i've ever read before, and I think it fits perfectly with the theme of this story.

I loved the idea of putting the Titans back to a certain period of time, so kudos to you for coming up with that idea. You wrote the characters in this time setting really well, like how they responded to their current surroundings and how they reacted to certain situations, very well done!

This story is really turning out to be a good read, and it would be a shame to leave it abandoned. So, please, please, please update! There is still so much left unanswered like who is Terra's kidnapper and why they would kidnap her. And what will happen to Robin now that he's lost his job, the reason he gets up every morning?

I am most eager to know!

-Gaby
Sparx10 chapter 10 . 1/8/2009
is this that old? Stories like that really are drama.
It'sTimeToDance chapter 1 . 12/24/2008
I love how you had the little prolouge chapter to give a feel on the backroud of the story :)
tallycat11 chapter 10 . 7/9/2008
Very nice fic so far. Your writing is flawless. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/28/2008