Reviews for Breeds
maschan chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
A very cut Pan/Lyra story.
Hiho chapter 1 . 12/21/2007
However good the writing is, this story is still just... freaky. Anyone who thinks this might actually happen has obviously completely misunderstood the concept of dæmons - love for one's dæmon is platonic, and anyone who actually tried to do this would probably be considered to be severely disturbed in some way.
Somber Heart chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Bland writing with a weird subject. The characterization makes no sense at all. If your into bestiality, or whatever this is, do it with original characters.
Risse chapter 1 . 12/4/2007
slightly disturbing but lovely! I really enjoyed it even if it freaked me out a little.
Starongie chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
So very, very dirty. And Rather well written. I love you for this. Write me more? D
anonymous chapter 1 . 11/3/2007
I'm sure you were expecting some reviews like these, so obviously they don't bother you much and you aren't going to pay much attention to them but...

Okay. Lyra's right, it's completely dirty and sick. And, um, even if a pine marten and a human were biologically ABLE to have babies, I SINCERELY doubt that a pine marten and a human who were one would be able to, considering the fact that you need two sets of genes.

To wrap this up...this is without a doubt the most unrealistic, ridiculous, disgusting, and disturbing pairing I've ever come upon, in any fandom.
Claudita chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
Before I start with my "extensive" comment about the pairing, I will start saying this. The writing, I must admit, was really good. I liked the attitude you gave Lyra. When I started to read this, I inmediately thought of Mrs Coulter, because that is just the kind attitude she would have. Except for the whole daemon/human part.. Gross. Ook, I just need to say this. That was.. sick. Really, really sick. Eww.. that is just WRONG. I mean, SERIOUSLY, that is the most disgusting and sickening pairing I've seen in my entire life. And, trust me, I've seen a lot of those.

Claudia
LadyS.Stark chapter 1 . 8/19/2007
lovely! -clap-
Mortalitas3879 chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
You write beastality freakishly well. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, hehe. Beastality aside, the rest of the story was also very well writen.
anon chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
haha. for the reviewer who said "you don't do *THAT* with yourself" - really? you've never heard of the miracle of masturbation? ;) don't be such a prude. and it's not quite bestiality, because daemons ARENT animals. they're something greater. honestly, it's about love, not sex. Sex is just a way, in this story, of expressing the love they feel for one another.

this is the first lyra/pan story i've read, and yes, it's a little squicky, but the writing style forces me to respect the pairing..the way you wrote it made it beautiful. thank you for this wonderful story ;)
loirot chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
That is a little sick, but interesting and well-written all the same.
MidnightBlue88 chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
Okay, I must admit that I don't exactly love the pairing, but it was intriguing and you made it work in your own way. I love that the children are named Adam and Eve and that they don't have daemons and that they look like Pan. I also liked the little details you added about how famous Lyra had become, and how she looked when she talked to Will every year. I could see everything very clearly. I also liked the flow of the story as a whole. You're an excellent writer.

I'm adding you to my author alerts, and I'll be back to read more of your stuff. :)
DefineNormal140 chapter 1 . 4/25/2007
I really do feel terrible.

I just finished the Amber Spyglass about 20 minutes ago and I was extremely excited because I could finally read "Breeds". I say I feel terrible because I've found that I'm not a Pan/Lyra fan and it's a little depressing. Usually I tend to like whatever pairings that pop up in your stories so I guess I expected this one to be the same. There's really nothing wrong with the writing, for the most part it's as good as always. Lyra's characterization wasn't hit as head on as it was in Narcissus and I think that was a little disappointing, but it wasn't *too* far off base, and frankly I couldn't do any better. Despite the vivid descriptions and immense creativity, I just couldn't get myself to believe the story, and that was really why it didn't hook me. The writing itself was very good otherwise and I'd probably read more Pan/Lyra at your request, but I thought I should give you a good review from someone who wasn't a rabid shipper. Maybe I'll love the next one though, right?
Pandora of Ithilien chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
creepy and vaguely disturbing, yet utterly brilliant. excellent job.
ICanCTheFuture chapter 1 . 4/4/2007