Reviews for A First Encounter
Penny Pulp chapter 1 . 2/5
Thank you for writing these lovely little story. It captured Legolas as a cute but energetic child very well. Although I would have loved to read a last chapter about Legolas talking to his father - the end came kind of suddenly to me. But never mind me. I am a sucker for Thranduil and just cannot get enough of him ;)...
Guest chapter 2 . 2/20/2014
Great story!
Sajna18 chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
Loved this! It was great to see the brotherly interaction between the two.
a gondorian soldier chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
I wonder how old Legolas was than. I'm guessing that maybe he's 9. He would be too old for a 6 year old.
Destined Darkness chapter 2 . 2/23/2010
Haha I wanna see what Thranduil has to say about his youngest getting to have an adventure as eventful as that *laughs at the image in head* i can see the mood swings
Destined Darkness chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
*sigh* Why do i remember my own stories of trying to be a hero? *laughs at memories*
Harriet Usher chapter 2 . 7/20/2009
I get too involved in these things. I was shrieking at Legolas to go back home.

and it's just possible I wish I hadn't admitted that. xD

Loved it. (runs off to check for stories of a similiar vein) I have this huge weakness for baby Legolas and baby Aragorn. They make me squee. I should get some plushies. They'd bring a smile to my face when I'm sad.

Also, liked the character of the giant spider, however weird that may sound. Talias was quite cool, and I was rather impressed at Legolas' ingenuity... though... it's probably not a good thing.

Toodle-pip darling.
Baby Dragon chapter 2 . 7/8/2009
That was great! I loved that the spider was teaching Legolas a new word. Please if you can write a second part to this about what happoned when they got home and King Thranduil found out just what his baby had been up to. A little time in the coroner at least if not also sore bottomed. Poor elves.
faith bonksie chapter 2 . 5/25/2009
aww this is so cute!

Legolas is so cute!
awaylaughingonafastcamel chapter 2 . 1/19/2009
aw i love little legolas he seems like sch a sweetie :) great story!
Jedi Sapphire chapter 2 . 11/17/2008
I love little Legolas stories, especially when he has one or more protective older siblings... And this was excellent. Please write more!
ConfuzzledAtLife chapter 2 . 8/4/2008
Aw! That was cute. I can't really imagine a young Legolas very well... I kind of imagine his face as an adult but on a small body. It's a little weird and a little disturbing. Lol!

He really is brave! I saw a spider that age and screamed and cried for, like, an hour! It was a very befitting story to the older character we're used to. It helped me understand the older him. Thank you!
Ruby Sparrow chapter 2 . 6/15/2008
So cute, Legolas must have been so cute as a little elfling and I love how even then he was making his father worry. His first encounter, wow, reading this it's hard to picture the Legolas we know and love, taking out orcs and cave troll.

By the way it's been a while since I read my LOTR set but I don't remember them every talking Legolas having a brother. Where was that, is that from one of the other many books of ME or did you make him up?
ShaolinQueen chapter 2 . 4/22/2008
Aww, so cute! I love this story was very sweet and I really enjoyed it!
Mandanza chapter 2 . 3/21/2008
Aww, he's such an adorable and naive little child.