Reviews for Saccharine Intoxication
Reine de la Mort chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
So I'll say, this is a nicely-characterised, well-written story. By that, I mean the characterisation is consistent, the narrative is entertaining, and you have the punctuation and spelling down. As a story, this is good.

As a Kingdom Hearts fanfiction, this is an awful, OOC trainwreck. One of your biggest flaws, I think, is that you seem to project the same snarky personality on most, if not all, of your viewpoint characters. When it's Axel, that kind of caustic sarcasm is slightly plausible, and certainly entertaining, even if the later KH games have really dispelled that idea of his character. When it's Kairi, I am left with a major sense of disconnect, because absolutely nowhere in the games do I see this snarkiness from her, not even in her private moments, as few of them as we see.

Beyond that, I can't say I enjoy or agree with the message this story presents, or at least, not all of it. Sure, I like the message that you shouldn't judge books by their covers, and nor should you take the people who love you for granted. I agree with that.

But I absolutely hate the message that Kairi should have to lie to Sora about who she is and what she wants, so that he can be happy. If he wants to build that raft, sure, she should build it with him. If she wants moonlit strolls and candlelit dinners with him, why shouldn't she be able to tell him what she wants, so he can provide it for her? If she wants to discuss books she enjoys with him, why can't he read some, so he can discuss them with her right back? Because it would make her happy, and given that he clearly loves her, he wants to make her happy. She wants to make him happy. That's what good relationships are built on, trust, respect, bonding, understanding and compromises, not lies, suppression of desires, and hidden resentment.
ohscrewthename chapter 1 . 4/14/2011
Wow, I loved the way you made Kairi get SO burned, and didn't turn this into another "Sora just isn't my type" story. You actually made Kairi work things out instead of abandon poor Sora for another guy. I also love your sarcastic humor and witty remarks, and didn't make Leon all pervy or gaga over her.
AGCourtney chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
That was great, Vixen. xD

You have all of the characters perfectly.

And, yes, Riku definitely has a problem with word vomit.
always-kh chapter 1 . 4/27/2009
not what i was expecting. not bad. really good in fact. so how'd you do in the competition?
Crystal-Heavenly chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
Lol. Kairi is such a whore! A funni 1 though.
domani guardian chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
After time and time reading this over and over, I still don't get tired of it. It's no doubt my favorite KH fic, and it really shows that no one should take what they have for granted or make assumptions about anyone else. I love the little snarky comments from both Kairi and Leon. It was brilliant, in a word. Amazing job!

NBB
jayjay chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
uh. so this fic is all about dissproving stereotypes? and proving that "don't judge a book by his cover" right?

well then why was squall a total asshole, sora a fucking naive idiot, and kairi a rabid fangirl?

that doesn't make any sense.

just saying.

pay attention to what you write will you?

you just ruined a great pairing. two actually. /
your.shinigami chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
wow thats amazing! please add more!
bookworm0492 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
*applaudes* I was randomly looking up crack pairings, and I actually thought this would end up LeonXKairi when I first started reading,(first sentance, started reading, mind you) but then I saw kairi and her...overly..romantic..fluffy-ness and Im going 'ok WTF kid?'

But man, that was just too , well, is cool the wrong word? But really erm...ok, forget the fancy talk. it was totally PWNSOME what Leon did, I will not lie. Shows that you cant judge a book by its cover.

But yes, very nice. Amusing, life lesson teaching, and so on and so forth.

Most deffinetly faving.
lauren lachrymose chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
This was absolutely fabulous. I LOVED the scene with Leon and Kairi. I wanted to hug him for saying that to her, only he would've probably pushed me away before I got too close. xD

Yes, Kairi is an annoying little bitch. But she learned something! Kudos to you for making that happen. :D
zephyrocity chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
Hilarious. I loved your Squall - oh, excuse me, Leon.
Shizuka chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
This is my favorite Kairi-centric so far, and that's saying something, considering how much I dislike her. In my interpretation of the story, I found three morals: looks can be deceiving, what you want may be what you already have, and maturity is about accepting the way life is. I loved how this was lighthearted and deep at the same time. I also liked your characterization of her. She wasn't a Mary Sue, and she actually had weaknesses. Not the purehearted, sweet, innocent girl the game makes her out to be. Keep it up _
sea kelp chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
oh, man!

someone beat me to writing a great leonkairi. ;lkjdf. this is very well written.

you make me think of kairi being ooc, actually, but she seems pretty bland in the game. for me, it's hard to write her, but you put so much depth to her. i love how you make her sardonic.

and omfg your leon is awesome. he owns all the leons written out there. it's just the atmosphere with him changes with a complete BAM.

the conversation between the two is superior, too. completely leon, being blunt and having kairi all caught off guard. just lol-worthy.

and your story makes me capable of writing a decent review. :]
Story Weaver1 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
You never cease to amaze me Vixen. Since Kairi is the a 'princess of heart' one can easily forget that she is still a teenage girl and may have fantasies about badboys like Leon. it does after all make sense for Kairi to remain immature out of the Destiny Island Trio. While Sora and Riku left and had to learn and grow, Kairi remained dormant for much of KH1,2 and all of CM. It's good to see Leon set her straight.
Ryfee chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
oh my gosh. hints of leonkairi!

cloudkairi is ok, but wot. leonkairi! whoaa.

okay, i'm gonna be quick about this-

first, i think kairi was ... so lol. she seemed a bit OOC here, i don't know, maybe it was just my stupid feeling-

but yeah, as the story progressed, her true self popped out.

and sora. rofl. he was so stupid and childish ne?

ah, i really liked the conversation between leon and kairi, how leon 'lectured' her about does the way he dress make him seem this or that or blah blah.

very nice point. i think i loved that part the most. xD;

anyways, i can't give you a super long review so for now- see you? xDD; i g2g.

very nice work. keep writing!

mchlv;felia.