Reviews for The Privilege of Love
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 12 . 5/28
I'm a little confused in this chapter, you had Danielle say the dress from was the Queen's daughter, does Henri have a sister? You've never mentioned it before, and it wasn't mentioned in the movie. Glad that Danielle's aunt is willing to help Danielle out, hopefully King Francis listens to her and doesn't dismiss her as a fraud!
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 11 . 5/28
I have a minor suggestion for you on this chapter, when someone is writing a letter it is usually in italics, I am not 100% sure why that is but I've always seen it that way. I'm surprised that Queen Marie is giving Danielle advice as it seems so out of character, but I like it. Lets hope that Danielle's aunt is able to help Danielle out in time!
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 10 . 5/28
So Danielle IS a noblewoman! That was something else that I wondered about, with Danielle's mother being a Comtesse it that was a title reserved for nobility. That would HAVE to make Danielle, at last, a candidate for Henri; at least in King Francis eyes and the law. I still like the idea of her not being nobility and just being an every day person who wins the heart of the prince. Excited to see what happens next and crossing my fingers that Paulette and the rest of the crew find papers or someone to testify Danielle's lineage.
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 8 . 5/27
Well our Spanish princess arrived without any issues, and soon she meets Henri! She will see he is a kind man who does not wish to marry her anymore than she wishes to marry him, and in return hopefully she will find a friend in him who will help her get back to her true love. Curious as to how Henri gets out of the marriage with out royally pissing of his father.
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 7 . 5/27
Loving this story! I really like how we have back story on almost everyone so far, it makes for a much more interesting story, to me at least. I'm now wanting to find out who the Queen loved before she married Francis, whom she fell in love with; or at least what it seemed in the movie.
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 5 . 5/22
Well we all know Danielle doesn't die, so at least we don't have to worry about that. However, it still doesn't make it any easier that our favorite person is very ill and during that time period could very easily die form a fever. I can't imagine what she thinks when she wakes up in Henri's room, and in his bed none the less!
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 4 . 5/22
Awww he went out and got her medicine! That's great, it shows that he really does care for her, and he brought her some of his bedding to help keep her warm. I only hope she gets to keep those items and the guards don't take it away from her. I like how we now have a backstory as to the Princess of Spain's love affair and that the man she loves is a Nobleman. I always thought he was a commoner for some reason, although I'm not sure it's ever stated as to what his station was...
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 3 . 5/22
Well at least he came down to say he was sorry. Better late than never right? Henri has some time to figure out how to free Danielle from the prison and to break off the engagement with the princess of Spain, maybe he will bounce some ideas off Da Vinci.
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 1 . 5/22
I've never read an Ever After fanfic, so i'm curious as to how this will play out!
JazyGal321 chapter 17 . 1/13
Where is the rest?
BelleBeast chapter 17 . 6/29/2016
More,more, it.
Lauren Mockett chapter 1 . 2/29/2016
Very good descriptive skills, and I liked how you compared the character's feelings to the scene. Danielle's wing, or the cell, for example.

I only have one complaint. When Henri said, "And you...are just like them!" he meant that she was just like her stepsister, and all the other gold diggers trying to catch his heart. He thinks she doesn't love him. Only his crown. I wouldn't be so picky about this, but I think your interpretation of this one line creates a drastic change in Henri's character. From who he really is: A man who sees people for who they are and wants them to see him that way too, to a boy, who does as he's told, thinking and acting exactly like his father.

All in all though, you have done wonderfully. I know writing these is a lot of work for a very small reward. So keep up the good work! Thank you for writing.
DarkMoon2222 chapter 17 . 2/6/2016
Omg! I loved it! Please add more soon!
J.F.C chapter 17 . 2/4/2016
Brilliant story so far, and very well written except that I agree with some of your reviewers that you should limit yourself with the Spanish to just a few words, those paragraphs were awfully written, unless you find some to help you with those. I can be that person if you want me to be, I wouldn't mind helping you at all.

Anyway, the thing I love the most about your story is your decision to go against the norm and actually consume the marriage at the end. It opens up a whole new adventure way beyond the movie as they were suppose to end up as the official couple by now. What's the point of reading a fanfic if it had ended tremendously similar to the official work. Anyhow, it seems like Sebastien might be the one responsible of informing Danielle of what truly happened at the wedding and the deal behind it. She will be pissed, that's for sure. Hope you update soon.
MBUL chapter 12 . 1/22/2016
I am sorry but that Spanish is really horrible... leave the story in English please